Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Star vs. the Forces of Evil Fanclub

TheJLeeTeam

Ultra cute show, really nice and fluid animation. It has its serious moments with the newer episode releases believe it or not, and it perfectly exceutes the hyperactive world with some aspects of realistic character development. It totally knows when to be serious and not, and there's a huge world to build upon with potential

• Brohoof 2

Looking forward to following this one, however painful Disney will make it for me with its habit of trapping everything in endless hiatuses >_>

you were right, past DF. If only they'd listened to you ;~;

Show really picked up in quality towards the end of the season :D. One thing I think it does a particularly good job of is balancing the plot stuff with the chill stuff. It helps keep you relaxed and having fun, and all the more serious storyline stuff becomes super suspenseful. SOULS BOUND FOR ETERNITY? Next episode is about fortune cookies or something :mellow:. EVIL PRINCIPAL CHICK? Let's watch Star eat banana ice cream instead. TOFFEE SNOOPIN' AROUND? Who knows where that's going?

I make it sound frustrating, but it isn't at all. Both sides of the show are great and compliment one another, and if anything it just keeps me on my toes for when it starts taking itself a little more seriously. I have a feeling season 2 will be much better than the first.

Also, Mewnipendence Day was a frickin' awesome episode.

• Brohoof 1

I really enjoy this show and I can't wait for season 2 to premiere.

My favorite episode has to be The Saint Olga's 22 minute special, with Blood Moon Ball and Star Comes to Earth not to far behind.

The animation is great and I love the chemistry that Star and Marco have as characters.

• 1 year later...

I never thought I'd ever ship something called "Marcapoo" but wow... Gotta love that last episode.

I recently marathoned this series and while it faces many similar problems to SU, it's got its own crazy charm that I love so much. The couple recent episodes has made It surpass Adventure time, Gumball, Steven Universe and even MLP on my list of favourite cartoons.

I am wondering how the rest of this season is going to play out.

We have Just Friends and Starcrushed that seem to indicate some sort of rift between Marco and Star could happen.

Or at least the love triangle between Jackie Marco and Star is going to continue onward.

And to be honest, I kinda want Marco and Jackie to stay a couple.

Jackie didn't really have much personality in the first season, but in the second season she has become really cool and I really enjoyed the dynamic they had in Bon Bon the Birthday Clown.

• Brohoof 1

Celestia, I'm late to this party, but I've been watching Star vs the Forces of Evil since Episode 1, and yes, I have borne witness to the happening of Jarco. I'm much like Star in this regard. On the surface, I'm super chuffed for Marco, finally getting the girl of his dreams. But deep down, I want Star and him to be together. It's not just about their relationship being right. They're perfect for each other. Star's wackiness and bubbly personality contrasts perfectly with Marco's guarded but willing character. Not to mention they've fought to the death to protect each other time and time again. All the while, being a Starco shipper, I'm aware that we will be faced with Jarco for an unknown length of time. Not that it bothers me. I like Jackie's laid-back personality, and that she's totally willing to commit to her relationship with Marco. I respect that. But I ship Starco more. Like I said, it's just right, and Luna willing, it is written in destiny.

As for the show itself, I love it. Star herself is a rarity on most TV screens. She's completely bonkers and happy-go-lucky, but it's not overblown nor flanderized. She's pretty chill at other times, as well as serious and a true friend when needed. To be honest, she's the kind of person I wish a had a friend like. I'm also really impressed with Marco. He has gone from strength to strength over the course of the show. He hasn't remained the safe kid. Ever since he met Star, Marco has matured significantly, even to the point where he was able to admit his deepest insecurities to Jackie in public. (no thanks to Naysaya of course) What lies in store for him is a mystery, but he's been a sort of example for me to follow. I hope this does not change anytime soon.

Next on the list is Ludo. Yep, again a villain has made my list of favorites. In Season 1, he was pretty OK. He was the archetypal ringleader of a group of clumsy, half witted mooks. Success rate = 0%. No surprise there. One season later and he has evolved into a proper threat, with an army of rats, a spider and an eagle under his control. Am I impressed? Very. Ludo didn't need some cliche magical artifact or power-up to gain an edge over Star. He simply didn't give up. He fought harder than ever before, and look how it's turned out for him.

Overall, I love this show, and I hope it runs long enough and keeps up the quality that it can go down as one of the great cartoons of the 20th century.

Edited by Wardaddy

(edited)

Hidden for first time viewers. My thoughts on the Season 2 finale. Read at your own risk.

I just watched the Season 2 finale, and frankly, I feel physically sick from what I've just witnessed. I don't think I've ever seen a villain as powerful or as ruthless as Toffee. It was like in Revenge of the Sith when the Jedi Masters led by Mace Windu went after Sidious, and were promptly defeated. I was home from work and was about to resume my normal life of World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and Tomb Raider while watching TV, but this.....this has left me dysfunctional. Shocked. Scared. I fear for the lives of Marco (because Toffee's finger is still in the guest room's closet and I'm almost certain Toffee will come for him first) and the Butterfly family, not just Star. However, they also did bring it on themselves, so I'm not especially sympathetic.

On a side note, I cannot even celebrate the confirmation that Star harbors feelings for Marco. Toffee has left me so afraid that not even celebration will fix me. To think I spent the last couple of days looking at Starco fanart while listening to love songs on Spotify.....

Season 3 can't come fast enough. Just imagine if this was the series finale. I think I'd actually throw up if it was.

Edited by Wardaddy

(edited)

*fangirl shrieking* I CAUGHT UP WITH SEASON 2 LAST NIGHT AHHHHHHHH!! XD
Love this show...

Hey you guys wanna see a sketch I did?
It'll look even better when it's finished, but I couldn't wait that long. XD

http://orig14.deviantart.net/08f8/f/2017/060/f/e/untitled_by_shadobabe-db0ussq.jpg

It's of Little!Toffee and "Nana" Eclipsa.
I love this theory. XD

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@ShadOBabe,

Out of curiousity, Do you happen to ship anyone in the show? X3

You know, it's weird... I've never had a show with so many ships that I'm like pretty cool with.

I haven't fully committed to any of them.

Star/Marco is cute, Jackie/Marco is cute, Star/Tom is cute... Janna/Marco is hilarious. Hekapoo/Marco is an interesting concept. Janna/Tom I would LOVE to see teased because I think I'd be crying with laughter.

I love Moon/Toffee as an "in the past" kind of thing.

So, the Ballad of Star Butterfly had quickly become one of my favorite songs.

I know right? I was listening to it in the car on the way to work.

"Ball of lightning in a hot pink dress" is probably one of my favorite lyrics ever. XD

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I love it, and Season 3 is gonna be a blast, they foreshadowed it so it has to be true. I think the drama/action/plot will either get more intense, and/or more frequent (less filler). Either way is good.

I think my favorite episodes are running with scissors, baby, season 1 finale, season 2 finale, and St Olga's reform school. Also Raid the Cave had great character development and interesting magical progression for star. Ludo and Glossy interacting was also good in that other episode. The Hard Way.

If I have to speak one negative its that the aces up the writer's sleeves weren't used yet, but thats just going to be more epic when it finally does occur, like Marco with his scissors and how he learned to read the written languages, and other foreshadowy things.

Face the Music also ended up pretty interesting, got to see more royal family interaction, and it was a good spectacle as well.

Also if I think about it, H Poo's lair sorta is a very very nice place for setting up schemes and traps in advance. All you need to do is be like, ok, this scenario is dangerous *records everything on phone while leaving* *takes time to meticulously plan and gather equipment* *Suddenly, with only one month of planning in advance which is literally like (1 minute is 2 years, 30 seconds a year, a little less than 3 seconds a month) So its a very great and brilliant way to solve any situational problem. Heck, even 2 days to plan and clear your head would probably help for any emergency you don't need more materials or planning for just to take a moment and process what the heck is going on. Or you could go to a library from H Poo's world, and research, so you are better prepared against deadlier opponents. Heck, why didn't H Poo think of doing that too, she just Zerg rushes Toffee. You might think she would know better than most, heck she can do a zillion clones in the other dimensions, and replenish her mana or whatever, and send literal millions of clones over to Toffee and refine a strategy, and steal everyone back for safe-keeping, no losses had to occur.

But then again I guess billions of aeons in your own dimension would make you a wee bit unorganized strategically.

Edited by Lil Pip
  • Brohoof 2

So here's a question for all you Star fans from someone who has a budding interest in the series: When would you say the show really gains its legs? Coming from Steven Universe, a lot of fans there would say "Mirror Gem/Ocean Gem" marked a dramatic shift by actively incorporating lore which at that point had remained tucked in the background. Having watched Star vs. in a somewhat disorganized manner, I've gotten the sense it takes some time to build the setting and the characters.

I'm fine with spoilers (although you should still tag them if necessary!) because of seeing episodes out of order. I'm also pretty patient when it comes to shows following through on myth arcs. Nevertheless, knowing what I should look forward to is rewarding in its own right.

Many thanks!

• Brohoof 1

When would you say the show really gains its legs?

There are two episodes that spring to mind.

The first is "Mewberty", the first time in the show where it got rather intense, and a little creepy. After the spazzy, happy, rainbow fun times, suddenly this episode happens and you go, "... OH..."

:awuh: 

The second is "Fortune Cookies".

The main plot of the episode itself isn't too intense... but this is Toffee's introduction. And the SECOND you see this guy, you know he's different from every character in the show up to that point. In the BEST way imaginable.

• Brohoof 3

When would you say the show really gains its legs?

The first couple episodes weren't all that great and the show only really started gaining ground by the episode "Fortune Cookies", It gave the show a bit more foreshadowing and continuity that wasn't all that present in prior episodes.  

, the Ballad of Star Butterfly had quickly become one of my favorite songs.

I love that one!

"And his name is Marco Diaz~" always gets me X3 

• Brohoof 1

This show is getting more and more intense !!! Season 2 finale was amazing, now I can't wait for season 3 !! Also, I love Toffee.He is my favorite<3

• Brohoof 1

Wait, I didn't know there was a SVTFOE fan club on this site! Great, it's my second favourite animated show after Steven Universe.

To anyone who saw the Season 2 finale, damn was it a spectacle. I can't wait until season 3 in the summer! The show has really came a long way in terms of quality, and I loved every minute of Season 2! I'm so excited to see what happens with the story!

• Brohoof 3

This show has been a wonderful roller coaster of funs and feels, with interesting lore and likeable characters that make your stay worthwhile. They even offer a variety of magical goats. I respect that.

• Brohoof 2

This show has been a wonderful roller coaster of funs and feels, with interesting lore and likeable characters that make your stay worthwhile. They even offer a variety of magical goats. I respect that.

You must like Undertale too then *giggle*

So I'm gonna spoiler this, JUST in case, but my thoughts on a particular character I'm excited about and reaction to other people's thoughts on them...

So... Eclipsa Queen of Darkness...

A lot of people I see some to be taking sides on her moral alignment. She's going to be the biggest, evilest force in The Forces of Evil, or she's going to be a misunderstood angel. I personally think/hope she's going to be more of an Ambiguously Evil type character. Maybe sympathetic, maybe understandable, but still did some stuff that is totally not okay.

I mean everything about her so far can point into different directions.

Let's break it down... they all have multiple interpretations.

Okay, so she was wed to a Mewman King but left him for a monster she loved.

So, was she totally justified? Was her husband and the rest of her family just horrible and insufferable, and she was totally right to ditch all of them in favor someone than actually cared about her? OOOOOR... were they completely normal people that she just up and abandoned along with her kingdom and CHILD.

And yes she abandoned her child, because Moon is confirmed to be her direct descendant, which means that Eclipsa left her husband AND kid behind when she left. Maybe she was forced to leave them... or maybe she just didn't care about them... we don't know yet.

Then we got Glossaryck's comment about Eclipsa being the only queen to let him do his job in training the next Queen. Here's some possible meanings to that...

1) Benign Reason: Glossaryck is saying that he and Eclipsa had a trusting relationship, and she new he could handle it.

2) Less Benign Reason: Glossaryck is saying that Eclipsa let him do whatever because she could have given less of a damn what he did.

3) Harsh Reason: Glossryck is saying that Eclipsa never told him what to do when training her kid because she was GONE. She left the kingdom and her child, the heir, so yeah, she's not around to have any input about it.

And then there's things like the All Seeing Eye/Spying Spell, which I think confirms Eclipsa had no problem doing some shady stuff. This spell not only allows you to peep on what other people are doing, but it also lets you SMITE THEM from a distance without being seen. She INVENTED this spell, so you know she must of used it. How often did she invade the privacy of others? How many times did she hurt others after seeing them doing something that upset her?

We don't know.

But I'm excited to find out.

And as a last note, I would love for the theory about her and Toffee being related to be true.

But if this theory is true, then I doubt Toffee is her SON.

He looks nothing like her monster lover. But I'd be willing to believe grandson or further. But the idea that the child she left behind with the King became Star's ancestor and the child she might have had with the Monster became Toffee's ancestor is SUPER COOL OMG...

• Brohoof 2