Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Star vs. the Forces of Evil Fanclub

TheJLeeTeam

So here's a question for all you Star fans from someone who has a budding interest in the series: When would you say the show really gains its legs? Coming from Steven Universe, a lot of fans there would say "Mirror Gem/Ocean Gem" marked a dramatic shift by actively incorporating lore which at that point had remained tucked in the background. Having watched Star vs. in a somewhat disorganized manner, I've gotten the sense it takes some time to build the setting and the characters.

I'm fine with spoilers (although you should still tag them if necessary!) because of seeing episodes out of order. I'm also pretty patient when it comes to shows following through on myth arcs. Nevertheless, knowing what I should look forward to is rewarding in its own right.

Many thanks!

I would have to say that the show really gained its footing with the St Olga's 22 minute special episode.

It was the first episode of the show to really focus on drama and I honestly have to say that it did it really well.

Because of that it stands out as one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.

Seriously that scene where 

Star broke down in tears because she was unable to help cure Ponyhead from the brainwashing

really got to me.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Holy frick!! This is probably REALLY obvious to a lot of people, especially those who who have already watched Star Vs. multiple times, but I couldn't help but get excited. I just started rewatching Mewnipendence Day and got to this part...

Ludo: She thinks it's the All Seeing Eye but it's not!

Toffee: It is the most efficient way to spy on your enemies...

That conversation is a MILLION times more interesting with current information!

And I just noticed the book he's reading has a bunch of differently shaped magic wands in it.

As Baby would say, "Oh, that looks interesting too!"

--

EDIT: Okay so ever since I was little, I've liked to pretend cartoon characters are just actors performing in a show just like live action. And lately I've been doing it was Star Vs. So this popped in my head...

Film Crew: And Take 4, action.

Toffee: ... You're a disappointment. *turns away*

Marco: Yeah, well you're boring.

Toffee: O_O

Marco: And your dress like a lawyer.

Toffee: ... *snrk*

Crew: *scattered laughing* Okay, cut! XD

Marco: Whaaat? BD

Toffee: *laughing* That was not in the script, Marco!

Star: *off screen* It was better!! Please keep it!! XD

I wanna makes some comics with this premise.

It's too hilarious not to. XD

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

This show kind of pays an omage to kim possible,by marco being ron stoppable and star being kim possible

Would be nice to have a crossover <3  

i can't stand jackie/marco as it's a forced relationship and very frustrating to see some 2-dimensional wendy corduroy carbon copy somehow win over star

though it's nice to see a show going a different direction with love interests and going the opposite of what most fans want

i can't stand jackie/marco as it's a forced relationship and very frustrating to see some 2-dimensional wendy corduroy carbon copy somehow win over star

though it's nice to see a show going a different direction with love interests and going the opposite of what most fans want

I like Starco, but I don't find Jarco to be forced at all.

They're both great, but different. 83

I like Starco, but I don't find Jarco to be forced at all.

They're both great, but different. 83

i feel putting together a character with genuine substance (Marco) with someone as two-dimensional, bland and predictable as jackie is nothing short of forced Edited by des

i feel putting together a character with genuine substance (Marco) with someone as two-dimensional, bland and predictable as jackie is nothing short of forced

I don't really see Jackie as two-dimensional.

She's a side character that doesn't get as fleshed out as much as the main characters.

But I think she's got a lot going for her. And I have a feeling she's going to get more and more screen time in S3.

Edited by ShadOBabe

I don't really see Jackie as two-dimensional.

She's a side character that doesn't get as fleshed out as much as the main characters.

But I think she's got a lot going for her. And I have a feeling she's going to get more and more screen time in S3.

mmm maybe i'm just biased because i find her so predictable and generic, idk

i feel putting together a character with genuine substance (Marco) with someone as two-dimensional, bland and predictable as jackie is nothing short of forced

I had initially felt the same way but she's gotten a bit better in the recent episodes, for instance her weird/goofy side in Star crushed was pretty good and unexpected. I loved how She asked Marco to read her mind with a genuine tone. 

Also, in Just Friends, she also admitted that she used to live in the River's side, Possibly foreshadowing some crazy event in her past,To me that makes her more interesting as a character. 

As of the Season 2 finale, I'm really interested to see where the lore will go from this point onwards, particularly in terms of the development of Ludo, who began the show in Season 1 as a complete joke of a villain, the Ice King of the show ( probably even less serious ), only to be a villain who not only was now an actual threat to Star in terms of power, but also in terms of intimidation. Despite losing his entire army, his castle and even his clothes, he managed to completely take me off guard, being a rather scary villain at times during Season 2, despite still being very humorous to watch, obviously due to the influence of the wand. And, when I thought that they had done all that they could with his character, towards the end of Season 2, they finally give him a good backstory, a great motive for all of his actions, and legitimately succeeded in exploring his character, as well as portraying him in a far more sympathetic light.

And with Toffee taking control of his body, and seemingly attempting to regenerate over him, I am so excited to see what they do with his character in Season 3, considering his bleak future, as well as his transformation into a more tragic character, I think it is highly likely to see a reformation into a protagonist sometime in the near future. My second favourite character in SVTFOE!

As of the Season 2 finale, I'm really interested to see where the lore will go from this point onwards, particularly in terms of the development of Ludo, who began the show in Season 1 as a complete joke of a villain, the Ice King of the show ( probably even less serious ), only to be a villain who not only was now an actual threat to Star in terms of power, but also in terms of intimidation. Despite losing his entire army, his castle and even his clothes, he managed to completely take me off guard, being a rather scary villain at times during Season 2, despite still being very humorous to watch, obviously due to the influence of the wand. And, when I thought that they had done all that they could with his character, towards the end of Season 2, they finally give him a good backstory, a great motive for all of his actions, and legitimately succeeded in exploring his character, as well as portraying him in a far more sympathetic light.

And with Toffee taking control of his body, and seemingly attempting to regenerate over him, I am so excited to see what they do with his character in Season 3, considering his bleak future, as well as his transformation into a more tragic character, I think it is highly likely to see a reformation into a protagonist sometime in the near future. My second favourite character in SVTFOE!

I'm actually a little worried about this development.

Ludo still hasn't really GRABBED me as a character yet, but I do feel for him and want him to come out okay. However Toffee (my favorite character and one I believe has the potential to be tragic enough to make me cry) has taken over his body. Meaning it's VERY likely that one will perish for the other to continue existing.

And Toffee, being the more sinister of the two, is probably on the chopping block.

GAAAAAAH, I DON'T WANT EITHER OF THEM TO HAVE A HORRIBLE END!! #savethemboth

Also, I finished another batch of Palette Challenge headshots...

svtfoe_palette_challenge_pt2_by_shadobab

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have a theory about Toffee, and his "unpleasant" history with the royal family.

During the Mewman-Monster War, the Monsters found themselves on the losing end of the fight. My evidence of this can be found in Mewnipendance Day, when Star decks out Marco and company in far more superior armor and weapons than what the monsters have. So, in an attempt to turn the tide of battle, the magic-versed monsters pooled their powers together to create a creature who would fight for them. A creature who could never be truly killed, who possessed the ability to heal his wounds as quickly as he suffered them, who was more devious, sly and cunning than anyone or anything could comprehend, who knew magic inside and out and could wield it at will, and finally, who would wage unending war against the Mewmans, overthrowing the royal family before culling every last living Mewman until there are none left. That creature's name was Toffee, and fit the bill he was given in every battle he fought in. Of course, the Mewmans won the war, and Toffee went into hiding, meticulously planning for the next great move against Mewmanity.

Cut to the present day, when Ludo is waging a struggle against the Mewnian royal family to steal the Royal Magic Wand. Disguising himself as a mercenary for hire, Toffee learns about Ludo's request for assistance in stealing the wand. Seeing his chance to get back at the Mewmans, Toffee accepts the offer, before slowly but surely taking over Ludo's assets, such as his army and castle. He planned to force Star into severing the wand crystal in half, knowing it would destroy his physical form but not his spirit, which then inhabited the severed other half of the crystal. Knowing Ludo would find it, he fused the crystal with the skeletal remains of his right wrist, forming an evil wand. He then spoke to Ludo telepathically, convincing the bird monster to bring Star to him. Ludo failed, but instead he took the Butterfly's spell book, which Toffee worked his plan around. He convinced Ludo to open the forbidden section of the book, telling him the false promise that the forbidden section would grant Ludo powers greater than anything he'd used so far. Instead, Toffee possessed Ludo and the rest is history. Now, with the crystal embedded in his palm, and with the powers of Queen Moon and the Magical High Commission (and possibly Glossaryck. Nothing's been confirmed involving him yet) Toffee now intends to execute the final phase of his plan. To regenerate his physical form and kill Mewmanity, starting with Star and the royal family.

Edited by Wardaddy

I just started watching it yesterday... Really like it thus far, though I've only watched the first seven episodes at this point.

The only characters that have been introduced thus far that I didn't like were that boy (whoever he is...) from the Other Exchange Student for being a complete freaking con, and Brittney (SVFE Diamond Tiara, except even worse after Party Bus. At that point I just straight-up hated her. What a freaking brat.)

• Brohoof 1

I found out about this show about two days ago and I've only got two episodes left in the first season. I like the setting and the characters a lot, and I also like that it, like Gravity Falls, isn't afraid to offhandedly mention killing and maiming in the name of fun. I love some black humor. Especially lines like, "Did I just kill that guy?" "No, he's not dead...just bleeding internally and being A TOTAL BABY ABOUT IT!"

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, KatonRyu said:

I found out about this show about two days ago and I've only got two episodes left in the first season. I like the setting and the characters a lot, and I also like that it, like Gravity Falls, isn't afraid to offhandedly mention killing and maiming in the name of fun. I love some black humor. Especially lines like, "Did I just kill that guy?" "No, he's not dead...just bleeding internally and being A TOTAL BABY ABOUT IT!"

LOL!! That's like one of my favorite lines in the whole show. XD

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
(edited)

A 2 hour TV movie titled The Battle for Mewni will premiere on Disney XD on July 15. Regular episodes resume later this year.

http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/05/26/exclusive-star-vs-the-forces-of-evil-tv-movie-premieres-july/

Teaser for The Battle for Mewni:

EDIT: It's actually the first 4 episodes of season 3, but it will play like a movie.

Edited by PinkiePie97

On 5/26/2017 at 4:19 PM, PinkiePie97 said:

A 2 hour TV movie titled The Battle for Mewni will premiere on Disney XD on July 15. Regular episodes resume later this year.

http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/05/26/exclusive-star-vs-the-forces-of-evil-tv-movie-premieres-july/

Teaser for The Battle for Mewni:

EDIT: It's actually the first 4 episodes of season 3, but it will play like a movie.

Okay this is really cool.

I wasn't expecting Star Vs to get a TV movie, but this was a really nice surprise.

Things seem to be heating up and given the events of the season 2 finale, I am definitely looking forward to seeing what happens next in July.

• 3 weeks later...