Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Escape -- Game download

Time Shield

it says twilight.exe has stopped working and also says that a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.and windows will close the program and notify if their is solution and also says not working this sucks i was really wanting to play this game  :(  :(

If it does that at startup, then I'm not sure what the problem is.  Is it an older computer?  What version of Windows are you running?

So I played a few levels of this game before it got 2spooky4me (I don't hold up well to horror games) It was fun! I'm not sure which level number I got too. I got to the level where the magic regen crystals were introduced but then the 2nd door. . .

it says twilight.exe has stopped working and also says that a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.and windows will close the program and notify if their is solution and also says not working this sucks i was really wanting to play this game  :(  :(

Try redownloading it?

i'm running windows 8 and computer is 2013

I have no idea then.  I'm running an older computer and it's fine.  Try redownloading it maybe?  If that doesn't work, then it's probably incompatible with something on the computer, and I couldn't guess what.

Anyone?  I'm not getting a lot of feedback about it from here, so I have no idea if people are enjoying it or not... Added a trailer to the first post.

I enjoyed what little i could play through with my specs. But seems my laptop can't handle it too well.

So I played a few levels of this game before it got 2spooky4me (I don't hold up well to horror games) It was fun! I'm not sure which level number I got too. I got to the level where the magic regen crystals were introduced but then the 2nd door. . .

Me too... I just completed it... :(  

(edited)

@@Time Shield

Just completed it, it was perfect. The monster was really scary compared to the book  :wacko: . The last puzzle was incredible too. Good job ^^

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.   :squee:

If anyone's interested, you can also download the theme song, "My Little Terror" (in its entirety, the version that plays during the game's credits) from Pony.fm: https://pony.fm/tracks/2434-my-little-terror

*EDIT* Oh, hey, it embeds ^^

Edited by Time Shield
  • Brohoof 2

Another few people did LPs also (though two of them are in other languages so I can't really tell what they're saying).  One other LP was in English, but the person was having some kind of graphical glitch that caused the light shafts from the ceiling lights to show up solid black.  I have no idea what's causing the problem, since to my knowledge no one else is having the trouble.  It's probably a graphics card incompatibility, and I wouldn't know how to fix it aside from maybe updating graphic drivers.  I hope no one else has this issue.   :blush:

@@Time Shield,

I just beat the game. I'm happy that I played it. It didn't have any of those cheap jump scares that most horror games are plauged with. I thank you for going down the more atmospheric style of Amnesia and making a game I could truly enjoy!

Edited by Shadowking58

@@Time Shield,

I just beat the game. I'm happy that I played it. It didn't have any of those cheap jump scares that most horror games are plauged with. I thank you for going down the more atmospheric style of Amnesia and making a game I could truly enjoy!

I'm glad you enjoyed it!  I hope you did end up recording it; playthroughs are fun to watch.   B)

• Brohoof 1

@@Time Shield,

I just wanted to let you know that I did a piece in Source Filmmaker that relates to this game. I experimented with some slight lighting and stuff, so I hope you like it. :)

attachicon.gifTwilight's Escape.png

Post here: http://mariofan48.deviantart.com/art/Twilight-Escape-SFM-523088099

I like it!  Thanks  :D

Is that Twilight model animated by any chance?  While I was making the game, I wasn't planning on having Twilight visible (as in, you can't look down or back and see yourself) but I had toyed with the idea of having an invisible model at the player's location that would cast shadows.  I almost got it working with a Twilight model I found, but it wasn't an animated model, and I'm terrible with rigging animations myself.  So it worked, but it would have just been a static shadow that you wouldn't see actually walking, jumping and such.  I didn't pursue it any further, but if there was any way I could find a model with the animations I need (walk, trot, gallop, and jump), it may be worth going back and updating.

I like it!  Thanks  :D

Is that Twilight model animated by any chance?  While I was making the game, I wasn't planning on having Twilight visible (as in, you can't look down or back and see yourself) but I had toyed with the idea of having an invisible model at the player's location that would cast shadows.  I almost got it working with a Twilight model I found, but it wasn't an animated model, and I'm terrible with rigging animations myself.  So it worked, but it would have just been a static shadow that you wouldn't see actually walking, jumping and such.  I didn't pursue it any further, but if there was any way I could find a model with the animations I need (walk, trot, gallop, and jump), it may be worth going back and updating.

Source Filmmaker is a program designed to make movies. The Twilight Model itself is specifically designed for SFM. Which is the source engine.

I don't know much about game design, but SFM is the Source Engine. So I think you'd have to convert the entire game to Valve's source engine if you wanted to use the models.

But don't quote me on that, I'm not 100% on game design.