Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Escape -- Game download

Time Shield

(edited)

Ok, I'm happy to say 1.2 seems to be working. Invert mouse and subtitles on, and I haven't so far seen anything that's obviously broken - except that the invert mouse checkbox in the game as opposed to the menu is still unchecked, but this time both ivert mouse and dialogues /graphics /sounds seem to work. I'll keep on and tell if something horrible happens.

E: Finished the game, all seems clear to me.  

While it's certainly a duty of a game designer to fix bugs, I'm still impressed and happoy that you very promptly began working with something that might have been hard to focus on and what probably didn't affect too many people, in a free short game.

Edited by Porrima
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I can't find the key in level 3 or 4 (not sure what one but it's where there is 3 rooms each containing a lever) and I've looked in every area in the room with the shade. Help please?

I don't know which level you're talking about, but every single key is found on top of a Stone cube. Look for those, and you'll probably find the key.

Does the Miasma remind anyone else of Endermen?

Edited by The Only Joe

Ok, I'm happy to say 1.2 seems to be working. Invert mouse and subtitles on, and I haven't so far seen anything that's obviously broken - except that the invert mouse checkbox in the game as opposed to the menu is still unchecked, but this time both ivert mouse and dialogues /graphics /sounds seem to work. I'll keep on and tell if something horrible happens.

E: Finished the game, all seems clear to me.  

While it's certainly a duty of a game designer to fix bugs, I'm still impressed and happoy that you very promptly began working with something that might have been hard to focus on and what probably didn't affect too many people, in a free short game.

Now that I know what I'm looking for, I was able to duplicate the problem and find its solution.  As it turns out, level 1 had the options menu objects set up properly while all the other levels had the mouse invert checkboxes screwed up.  I just never noticed it since, as I mentioned before, I had only tested mouse inversion on the first level.

Fixing it all now, and will upload the ACTUAL v1.2 shortly (this will replace the previous v1.2 since I didn't technically release it yet).  I will roll this out to the other systems as well since I expect the same bug would apply for Mac and Linux.

*EDIT*  All right, v1.2 is up for all systems.  Use the same link in the first post.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my god, I almost finished level 3, but that bastard came out of nowhere. The panick attack I had was so severe, THAT I QUITED THE GAME AND MY HEART WAS POUNDING  :lol: . Man, I wish to try again, but I got exams this week and I can't afford to play as I like  >_>

• Brohoof 1

Passed the third level, and I got at fourth. Damn bastard, he killed me, my heart is pounding again and I'm also trembling  :lol:

Edited by Steve Piranha

Just wait for the run Level. Can't remember which one it was, but that one will terrify you.

Joyful, that place is already nopeville without Mr Nope chasing me around  :lol:

Oh my god, attempting level 4 again, but I got scared again, because I don't know if Mr Nope is forward or behind me  :baconmane:

61646862.jpg

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Why do you call him Mr. Nope? He's the Miasma.

And Timeshield, do you have a backstory for the creation of the Miasma and the dungeon?

Not an official one; plus, the game changed from my original plan as I was working on it.  If I had to come up with one that fits everything in the game as it is right now, it'd be kind of like this:

The dungeon is the product of a unicorn who lived long ago that wanted to become one of the most powerful spellcasters in the world.  He studied magic for a long time, but it occurred to him that anypony else could do the same and eventually equal his power.  To prevent this, he began setting traps for others who would also study magic, scribing additional spells into spellbooks for them to stumble upon.  These unlabeled spells, when cast, would transport the caster into a dungeon with no escape.  Thus, he could continue to study and grow in power, while others would invariably happen upon these spells and get themselves trapped.

At some point, this unicorn dabbled into shadow magics (of the same sort that Sombra would wield one day).  Despite all his knowledge, these powerful dark magics engulfed him, transforming him into a formless, mindless shadow.  As the sunlight began to burn him, he fled into his own dungeon, falling dormant and awaking only when the silence of the dungeon is stirred by those ensnared by his spell traps.  Driven now only by his remaining instinct (a desire to grow in magical power), he hunts down those he trapped to consume their magic.  It is sometimes decades, or maybe even centuries, between each of these incidents.

Edited by Time Shield
  • Brohoof 3

Why do you call him Mr. Nope? He's the Miasma.

Because, out of the likes of zombies, Dahaka, SA-X, Nemesis, any chainsaw wielding guy in Resident Evil, anything in Silent Hill and Dead Space, etc, he's the most scary thing I've ever seen in a videogame, making him, in my opinion, the most NOPE of them all, hence the nickname I gave him  :P

PD: I'm kinda mad at the game, I've manage to elude Mr Nope, but I fell at the red crystal room due to the jump not responding well  :okiedokielokie:  . Guess I'll try again this weekend, as I have classes  :mellow:

Edited by Steve Piranha

Because, out of the likes of zombies, Dahaka, SA-X, Nemesis, any chainsaw wielding guy in Resident Evil, anything in Silent Hill and Dead Space, etc, he's the most scary thing I've ever seen in a videogame, making him, in my opinion, the most NOPE of them all, hence the nickname I gave him  :P

In a nutshell, this is pretty much it

• Brohoof 1

For anyone interested, I'm going to stream myself running through Twilight Escape very shortly (assuming I can get Twitch streaming to work), followed by working on my next game (probably a little more boring in comparison).

http://www.twitch.tv/timeshield

Well, I got streaming to work, but nobody showed up.  Maybe I'll just stream some random games next time.

• Brohoof 1

I reccomend giving us some pre-warning. I would have watched If I'd known about it. (And had an internet connection at the time, which I didn't.)

I didn't know ahead of time that I'd be doing it either.  It was just a random idea I had and wanted to try.  I'll give warning next time though.

Very interesting so far. I played the first level, and I'm liking where this game is going.

(edited)

Not an official one; plus, the game changed from my original plan as I was working on it.  If I had to come up with one that fits everything in the game as it is right now, it'd be kind of like this:

The dungeon is the product of a unicorn who lived long ago that wanted to become one of the most powerful spellcasters in the world.  He studied magic for a long time, but it occurred to him that anypony else could do the same and eventually equal his power.  To prevent this, he began setting traps for others who would also study magic, scribing additional spells into spellbooks for them to stumble upon.  These unlabeled spells, when cast, would transport the caster into a dungeon with no escape.  Thus, he could continue to study and grow in power, while others would invariably happen upon these spells and get themselves trapped.

At some point, this unicorn dabbled into shadow magics (of the same sort that Sombra would wield one day).  Despite all his knowledge, these powerful dark magics engulfed him, transforming him into a formless, mindless shadow.  As the sunlight began to burn him, he fled into his own dungeon, falling dormant and awaking only when the silence of the dungeon is stirred by those ensnared by his spell traps.  Driven now only by his remaining instinct (a desire to grow in magical power), he hunts down those he trapped to consume their magic.  It is sometimes decades, or maybe even centuries, between each of these incidents.

What would happen if someone like Discord got transported into that dungeon?

Discord: "Sunlight burns him? Very well..." *Snaps his fingers and summons a Venusaur.* "Venusaur! Use Solar Beam!"

Venusaur: *Obliges.*

Miasma/"Mr. Nope":

Discord:

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

Just completed it. Well done game, bro. The fact that there are no jumpscares immediately makes it much better. Took me a few tries to figure out the last puzzle, which I won't spoil here, but when I did, I felt an extreme sense of satisfaction. 

Overall, I'd say 9/10. If it were a bit more challenging at points, and a bit longer, it'd be a perfect 10 in my opinion. I hope you add a hardcore mode. 

Just completed it. Well done game, bro. The fact that there are no jumpscares immediately makes it much better. Took me a few tries to figure out the last puzzle, which I won't spoil here, but when I did, I felt an extreme sense of satisfaction. 

Overall, I'd say 9/10. If it were a bit more challenging at points, and a bit longer, it'd be a perfect 10 in my opinion. I hope you add a hardcore mode. 

Thanks, glad you liked it!  :D

Ok, I'm going to try streaming again tonight at 9am MST (That's just over 6 hours from now).

http://www.twitch.tv/timeshield

Ok, going to start up in about 10 minutes.  I'll be starting the stream itself early though.

• Brohoof 1

I found this earlier today and downloaded it. Normally when I see most of these MLP games they are just quick flashes or 2D. I was really impressed with it being 3D. I managed to beat it a couple minutes ago. I really enjoyed it and I'm not really a big fan of horror games (since I usually die and quit from frustration). Everything seems pretty good from narration and audio. The graphics are pretty decent and I had no lag which is really really nice.

9/10

I do have a two curious questions tho:

1. Was there more levels? I seen in the data folder 23 level files and was curious if there was more or hidden extras.

2. I'm afraid I might have missed a note or 2 and was curious if I could find a copy of them not in game or thru the data files. (I like reading ingame notes, books, etc. I wierd.)