Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Escape -- Game download

Time Shield

(edited)

So I managed to get to level 7 before the game crashed so hard that neither of my monitors wouldn't recognize that they were plugged in, combined with the looping growling of the monster at 2 in the morning made that a fun experience.

That was the only crash I experienced with the game, which did some things pretty well:

• I actually felt scared of the monster. Running from it and hiding behind a rock while it's right there, growling and gurgling really got my heart pounding.
  • Sound design made you feel like you were the only living thing in there.
  • The notes and Twilight's comments added to the atmosphere of loneliness and dread.
  • I like how the passages at the end of each level rhymed.

But the game isn't flawless, for example:

• It was visually boring. Everything looked like boxes made of boxes. A bit more variety in textures & models would be nice.
  • There was a lot of repetition. Some variety in puzzles would make the game a lot more fun & challenging.
  • Twilight is really loud in some bits (You're walking through the dark, silent labyrinth, the only sound heard is your hoofsteps echoing down the dark, stone corridor. Coming up to a door, you decide to try and open it... only for Twilight to scream, for no reason, at the top of her lungs "IT'S LOCKED!")

You have a fun & scary game already, but fixing the above issues could really make this a solid experience. I played it for about an hour (got to level 7, where it kept crashing) and had a blast. It ram like a dream too, even at max settings! I'd love to play it again after the issue with level 7 is fixed!

Running 64bit Windows 10 Home. AMD cpu+gpu, 8GB ram. Max settings @ 1080p windowed.

Edited by Magic Rasin
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

This game looks so great, but I can't play it. :( When I run it, there is just a black screen with the title music playing. Do you have any idea why this is happening, and what I could do to fix it? I really hope I can give it a try because it looks so great.

This game looks so great, but I can't play it. :( When I run it, there is just a black screen with the title music playing. Do you have any idea why this is happening, and what I could do to fix it? I really hope I can give it a try because it looks so great.

Graphics drivers up to date?  I'm not sure what else could cause the problem.

I played the game a while ago... I think like in June 2015 or something. It's a cool game as I already said, but I wanted to ask if there were any major updates? Is it worth downloading and playing it over again? I will still download it and play as I loved it very much, but it would be nice to know if there is anything new. 

I played the game a while ago... I think like in June 2015 or something. It's a cool game as I already said, but I wanted to ask if there were any major updates? Is it worth downloading and playing it over again? I will still download it and play as I loved it very much, but it would be nice to know if there is anything new. 

I have not updated it since then.

• Brohoof 1