Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What scared you in Courage the Cowardly Dog?

Metallic Strings

What gave you nightmares in courage the cowardly dog?

Sorry guys, but king Ramses didn't really scare me, but one thing scared me sooooooo bad, I stopped watching the show for years.

I was absolutely terrified of that blue fetus thing from the episode perfect.

Fun fact: the blue thing could possibly be a manifestation of eustaces broken trumpet from earlier in the episode, but totally distorted by courages mind.

• Brohoof 1

King Ramses stopped me from watching the show. I was watching the show with my mom and I was trying not to appear scared. I couldn't change the channel or turn off the TV. Ramses moved so unnaturally and I didn't know what horrible curse would come next. The whole episode kept me on edge.

I saw the blue thing too, but I was more confused than scared. I can see why it could be scary, I'm surprised younger me wasn't scared of it.

Edit: that was a weird glitch...

• Brohoof 1

The blue thing was weird but nothing too bad, it's probably the scariest out of them all. 

I found Freaky Fred to be pretty cute so he's not scary in the slightest to me :v

Edited by Wheatley

You know, as much as I am very easily scared, I don't recall finding Courage scary. I always found it to be rather silly (in a good way).

• Brohoof 2

I loved that blue thing :derp:. So weeeeird. Nothing really scared me. Except the spider-hotel episode which wasn't only associated with the show.

• Brohoof 1

I actually wasn't scared of anything in this show. Maybe because I was too young to understand when this show was airing, but I can't recall ever getting scared of this show. I remember laughing at the slapstick more.

Claymation violinist girl in... that episode with Schwick? That's mostly all that really scared me.

However.

Since I was really little back when the show ran all the time, a lot of things had disturbed me. Not scared, disturbed.

The one where Eustace and Courage go out to eat at the diner, and Courage thinks the pig is cooking up and serving people? That made the five-year-old me not want to eat any meat. Because, the five-year-old me couldn't for sure know what she was eating. And She certainly didn't trust what people told her when it came to food.

The... one episode, what is it... The Magical Tree of Giving or whatever? I'd cry every time that would play, along with anything else that had to do with compassion. I'd say that really got me out of touch with my emotions. :P

Freaky Fred is like an analogy of a child molester, which is a bit unsettling. And the fact that Courage plays with Eustace and Murial's corpses at the end of The Great Fusili is even more so. But, these are things that children don't really catch on to. So, my childhood's safe, there.

• Brohoof 1

Truthfully, I wasn't as much scared as I was intrigued by most of the episodes. Though if I must pick, It's these that freaked me out or mildly disturbed me at the least.

Bushshwick

Freaky Fred (don't get me started with this one... please)

Catz Motel (By far STILL one of the darkest of the Catz episodes)

The Great Fucili (By far one of the most disturbing episodes)

In truth, the horror of the series was well balanced with humor. It fit in well and didn't feel like the humor was out of place or wedged in. Though there was one episode that was more dark and somber than horror based. That was the episode involving Courage's parents. The thing is, not all the episodes are exactly horror or dark. There are some strictly funny episodes which will make you bust a gut laughing. That's the other thing I like about Courage the Cowardly Dog.

I was 11 when the show came out, so I wasn't really ever scared by the show. It was and still is one of my favorite cartoons. It's an odd/dark type show, which is the kind of stuff that I typically like.

However, If the show had been out when I was like 5 or 6 I would probably have a different story to tell. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I'll be honest, my favorite episode of all time across any cartoon is in this series. "The Mask."

And when they revealed Kitty, the lady behind the mask, to be a cat, that scene was so intense that it still kinda scares me to this day .-.

Don't know why it was so intense either, but god, those green as hell eyes man.

Plus, the villain from that episode, Mad Dog, is also extremely scary because he's such a realistic villain .-.

• Brohoof 2

I'll be honest, my favorite episode of all time across any cartoon is in this series. "The Mask."

And when they revealed Kitty, the lady behind the mask, to be a cat, that scene was so intense that it still kinda scares me to this day .-.

Don't know why it was so intense either, but god, those green as hell eyes man.

Plus, the villain from that episode, Mad Dog, is also extremely scary because he's such a realistic villain .-.

Funny story is that me and my sister were watching that episode when we were older, and we came to the sudden realization: This episode literally covers domestic abuse.

I wouldn't say that anything from that show outright scared me, but there were some downright creepy and unsettling things in it. That episode with the mummy and the mask...THAT left shivers in my spine.

Seriously if you guys think this show is scary then you obviously haven't seen a horror flick or slasher film lol.

I've seen a few of them...I'd rate Courage above them in regards to creepiness; at least. :P

Funny story is that me and my sister were watching that episode when we were older, and we came to the sudden realization: This episode literally covers domestic abuse.

Oh, how it covers so much more than that .-. That's the scariest episode in the whole series, in my opinion, just because it's so real.

• Brohoof 1