Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Game nights! (RSVP)

Nohbdy

Game events  

124 users have voted

1. 1. Which events do you plan to attend?

• Team Fortress 2 (Friday, March 27 @ 4 PM PDT)
    • Garry's Mod (Saturday, March 28 @ 4 PM PDT)
    • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Sunday, March 29 @ 4 PM PDT)
    • None of the above (please explain in post)

Has the communication thing been sorted out? Are we using Teamspeak or Skype?

We'll just be using the in-game voice communication for now.

Can i join if i play in the highest level of play in TF2's competitive scene?  :wacko:

Of course! Just remember to keep things fun for everyone else as well.

We'll just be using the in-game voice communication for now.

Of course! Just remember to keep things fun for everyone else as well.

Dumb me i figured it out. see you guys soon.

Edited by xenozfan3

Stupid question, ive never played tf2 so how do i join the server?

One way to do it would be to take the following steps:

1. On the main menu, click the button labeled "Servers." A new window should pop up.
  2. Navigate to the Favorites tab and, at the bottom, click the button labeled "Add a Server."
  3. Now simply paste the server address into the box.

Another way would be to use the console. It's disabled by default, I believe, so don't worry about using that. However, for those curious, you can simply enter "connect play.poniarcade.com:27100" into the console to quickly connect to the server.

So what kind of gamemodes are planned for Garrys mod tommorow? and in what order will they be played

Less fun than I expected. Not enough interaction, no real separation of experienced/comp players and casual players, Hopefully the other games fix that.

Thanks for your feedback. Since this is a pre-launch event, we're trying to iron out issues with the user experience before our formal grand opening. Do you have any suggestions for increasing interaction?

Perhaps we can have two servers next time, one for casual players, and one for more competitive ones. I know with CS:GO, it'd be easy to set up a classic mode server as well as a deathmatch/arms race/demolition server.

• Brohoof 2

Thanks for your feedback. Since this is a pre-launch event, we're trying to iron out issues with the user experience before our formal grand opening. Do you have any suggestions for increasing interaction?

Perhaps we can have two servers next time, one for casual players, and one for more competitive ones. I know with CS:GO, it'd be easy to set up a classic mode server as well as a deathmatch/arms race/demolition server.

I'd like that. I'd also like to see a teamspeak server to help increase interaction. More people have TS than Mumble, and it's easy to set up separate channels for each server.

• Brohoof 1

A classic mode server would be fun. :)

• Brohoof 2

Less fun than I expected. Not enough interaction, no real separation of experienced/comp players and casual players, Hopefully the other games fix that.

Sadly, I have to agree.

Now, I don't mind skill differences since those are bound to happen. I had to quit mid-way because my connection died and when it got back up the server was already half empty (so I don't know if the situation got better after like 10-15 minutes on Turbine).

It started out well, but it rapidly fell down. Let's just say... it didn't really feel much different than playing your average game of tf2 on a random server.

Now I can't really blame the admins or PoniArcade for how people act because that's not under their control, and as far as I know no one was breaking the rule or being unpolite or toxic.

But yeah, we NEED some sort of voice comms server for the other nights. Actually, I'm pretty sure PoniArcade having its own TS server would be great. It would be a place for people to meet and play together even outside events like these, and TS servers don't cost too much (a 50 slots TeamSpeak server would cost 15$ monthly on multiplay)

As for separation of competitive and casual players... well I don't think that's really an issue. After all, this is a social event and I don't think participants should be separated for being too good/bad at the game.

I have high hopes for the Gmod night, since that's not really a competitive game (regardless of gamemode) and it's much more fun oriented (whereas Tf2 can be frustrating at times), but I'm kind of scared on how the CS:GO one will end. 

Edited by ExPro
  • Brohoof 4

Open the console and type connect with the name after.

Thank you, but i'm stuck on downloading sounds/taunts/props/26.wav, disconnected and attemp to download it many times... It's taking too much to download certain .wav sounds... Somethimes it gets stuck and need to restart downloading.

EDIT: Missing map maps/ph_restaurant.bsp - DAMN IT!

Edited by Dingo_Dash

To everyone having trouble, you need to download it manually. Gmod is a little derpy atm.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=184647541

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=186139871

Also psh. As a suggestion for the next time we do a gmod thing, please make sure that the download time isn't half a year, test it first

: P

Same with maps, most people just won't join if it takes ages.

• Brohoof 1