Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you call yourself a brony, a pegasister, or a fan, & why?

BritishBrony2012

• 1 year later...

My brother and I admit that we're bronies except I'm more open about it than him :please: But I might be more of a brony than him anyway since I actively make content such as fanart and headcanons :D

I don't really like any of those labels tbh. It makes it seem like my life revolves around it when it doesn't. I'm just someone who likes the show. I haven't even seen every episode ^_^

• 1 month later...

I consider "brony" to be a term that specifically applies to G4 fans (maybe G5 too, as they're in the same continuity), so no, I generally don't use the term unless I'm SPECIFICALLY talking about post-G3 content. I call myself a pony fan/pony collector because I like all ponies ^_^

2 hours ago, ToastedScone said:

I consider "brony" to be a term that specifically applies to G4 fans (maybe G5 too, as they're in the same continuity), so no, I generally don't use the term unless I'm SPECIFICALLY talking about post-G3 content. I call myself a pony fan/pony collector because I like all ponies ^_^

That's a very interesting way to put it.:ooh: 

I didnt know how much I would like Friends & Tales till I gave them a fair chance... You're making me rethink the "brony" title now in all seriousness.

• 2 weeks later...

For the longest time I just used "brony" to call myself. I did this because it was the dominant name for fans of the shown when I gotten into it (december of 2020). It seemed natural to use this word especially when you are new and it's also a not bad name for fans of the show in my humble opinion.

In the last months I'm getting more and more in the habit of just calling myself pony instead of brony because I think this works just quite as well and it is much closer the show of course.

"MLP fan" or "FiM fan" I also use and is quite as good.

• Brohoof 1

Furries tend to compare bronies with furries. I cant understand how to compare them: furries just like random anthropomorfic fictional characters, wear fursuits and have fun. Bronies like narrowly MLP content, are specifically MLP fans. So that means that furries think bronies like ponies this way as they like anthropomorphic creatures. Then i dont think im brony, im just a fan who like the show, appreciate plot and characters and development etc.
If brony meant just MLP fan who have merc, does art and interact and have fun with other bronies, then i think again im not - i make art and craft but dont have brony friends and cant interact others, always i feel like bystander.
Ok im never seen irl any bronies from free world. Tried three times to attend at Galacon - first two attempts ruined by Covid, last one ruined by Putin and gas and energy prices. Now employer doesnt leave vacation for summer because kids are too old. Other dads with younger kids have rights for summer vacation.

• 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Do you call yourself a brony, a pegasister, or a fan, & why?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't exactly know what are the differences between a brony/pegasister and a fan, I thought they were both supposed to be the same thing? 

A funny fact is that I used to be a fan around 2012-2014 but I never watched the FiM tv series back at the time, what I used to do was watch some edited clips on youtube, random SFMs and fan animations, YTPs and also videos of a few fan games as Luna Game, I also remember playng the gameloft game at the time, then after 2014 I forgot about the series for some reason that I can't remember and I only remembered it last year, which was when I watched everything from FiM including G5, in those days my relationship with the series was pretty out of control, but now it is more moderate.

Nowadays 60/70% of my arts are pony related, but I rarely see fan made content, I do see fanart oftenly but I don't have interest in stuff like fanfics or fan made songs, but that is more likely because I'm more used to consume official material, maybe with time I will change this behavior, I'm mostly seeing content related to the toys recently (official & fan-made)

I never owned a toy or merchandise and never went to a con, I still haven't watched all of Equestria Girls, G1, Pony Life,  haven't read all the comics and I haven't touched G3 yet, but I guess the majority of the bronies only watched FiM and maybe EG? 

And I personally don't mind to be called a brony, I do believe that there are people outside the mlp fandom who see me using a photo of a blonde horse and think I'm a weirdo, but bias is all over the internet and I've seen soo much bs that I don't even care about this.

So I don't know, maybe I can be both ^^ (except pegasister)

Yeah I'd probably say that I was a brony if someone asked! Either that or a 'fan of MLP' but the two terms are synonymous to me.

I got into the fandom really early when everyone was still using that term a lot and saying stuff like "Brohoof! /)(\" So it's a nostalgic term for me, although I can see why some people would find it 'cringe' (although i do hate that term lol, feels like something middle school bullies say :laugh:)

image.jpeg.73de2b321532ea6212ad51a1554e54d2.jpeg

• Brohoof 1