Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you call yourself a brony, a pegasister, or a fan, & why?

BritishBrony2012

Do you call yourself a brony, pegasister or a fan and Why?

I called myself, a brony cos I'm a fan of the show, love ponies and do look into fan-made arts, videos, fics and listen to brony musics and look into Equestria Daily and MLP Forum every day, Aslso think it's a great name for a fandom and fan of MLP/Ponies. Even I don't go to any cons (maybe yet) and go to any meets-up. (Maybe you disagree?)

I do think see some called themselves fan, cos they shame of the fandom, or don't like the term 'Brony'.

Edited by AdamBurt
  • Brohoof 1

I do consider myself a brony, as it's the first show I've ever love with a passion for a long time. But I'm pretty reserved about it, I don't like shoving it, not the show to other people's faces 

• Brohoof 3

I call myself a fan of the show. I actively participate in the community daily (going on MLP forums, browsing art, looking at merchandise, going on Equestria Daily etc.) However, I don't call myself a "Brony" because I don't like the idea of having a specific name just because I'm part of a fanbase (think Trekkies, Whovians...).

• Brohoof 4

I call myself a fan.

I respect anybody who uses the terms, but why have separate names for female and male fans of this show? I am glad everybody is able to enjoy it, but, seriously, there's no difference between the two.

Additionally, as MissBookworm said, I am more of a laidback fan and don't like calling myself names ^.^

I'm not ashamed of the fandom, as there are a lot of great and creative peeps in it, but Bronies have been known to harass people on certain sites (not all of them) so I just mention I'm a 'fan' of the show there instead.

• Brohoof 3

Wow, most reply are fans, but I don't care if people called themselves fan, brony or pegasister, they called themselve what ever they want but leave other whatever they called themsleves. Females can called themsleves brony or pegasisters, it up to them.

Why should i be shame being a brony cos of what other bronies did something bad?

I'd call myself a fan and a collector of MLP.  I interact with bronies, but also with the original MLP fans.  It's because outside of MLP, I have more in common with the people here, but the things I like about MLP aren't what most of you are interested in, and I have more in common with the older MLP fans.

I don't care about the fanfiction, I don't care about the music, I don't watch any kind of PMVs and rarely ever watch fan animations, I avoid show discussion and analysis like the plague, and role-playing.......yeah, no. I do like the (non-perverted) fan art and comics, though.

Combine that with the fact that I like most generations of MLP (I have a growing collection of G3s, and I want to get my first G1s sometime this year), and one of my main interests is collecting the toys, and there's not a lot I have in common with the brony fandom with regard to MLP.

I also think the term 'brony' sounds kind of dumb.

But still, I think most of you guys here are pretty alright.

• Brohoof 1

I'm no brony. Never was, never will be. I'm just a guy who likes cartoons. Repeatedly anticipating the premiere of new episodes on a weekly basis, and frequently interacting with the brony community.

That's totally not what a brony is.

I don't call myself a Brony, because in Polish, this word unfortunately is a name of a certain farming tool:

72927099_2_644x461_brona-dwupolowa-145-d

and I don't want to be named after a farming tool, which I am not ;)

Also, I don't call myself a fan, and I try to avoid calling myself anything in general, because when you call yourself a name or an adjective, you become that thing yourself. It's a psychological trick of our minds that they start to impersonate things if you say the magic spell "I am {such and such}", and then they react atavistic when you try to tell them they're not that thing, because they're then fighting for their existence.

I am not a hammer – I use hammers. And in the same lines, I am not a fan: I like to watch MLP:FiM. And this is a subtle but huge difference: if I watch, I can stop watching whenever I want/need without the atavistic reaction of my mind. It's also more true, because I'm not watching MLP always: just when I actually watch it, and then I enjoy it. (Note how I use verbs to describe my actions and adjectives to describe my behaviors, not to describe myself.)

P.S.: I've just had a real MLP nightmare: I dreamed that I watch Season 5 and the finale was in computer-generated 3D :/ Twilight Sparkle was a teacher and she had her own school in some desert scenery. She looked terrible in 3D! ;/ I hope this nightmare will never come true...

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 4

I'm more of an amalgamation of brony and fan; though what my label is exactly is irrelevant to me. I just love the show, comics, movies, and the fandom in general.

I worked as an agricultural mechanic for years, so I'm not worried about being a spike-Harrow, I mean Brony :)

'Brony' got me into this, because I wondered who voiced raven on teen titans go, found a comicon vid with Tara in cosplay, heard the name Brony, searched that, then followed the cartoon and fan art to here. So I suspect I'm a Brony?

I was called Steve The Fish for a bit because I built a three foot long robot fish. If I a get to choose the label I'm doing well. I'll happily add Brony to the list of 'off roader', train hobbyist, Into RC, classic car enthusiast, and be happy that other people are Trekkies, parachutist and train spotters. (Does train spotters translate? They photo and video trains.) At least Brony is relatively easy to keep. Three of my five labels are taking 36 foot of garage and fair bit of garden!

• Brohoof 2

I call myself a ponylover.  Because I love a pony.

And, though I'm a dude, I'd call myself a pegasister if I could get away with it lol.  If only there were a similar but somewhat more fitting term that could describe me...  PegaMister?  No, that's just silly...

• Brohoof 2

Just a MLP fan, here. The terms 'Brony' and 'Pegasister', as with any other fandom title, come off as too strong for me. Plus, I consider those terms mainly for G4 fans, whereas I like all generations now.

I call myself a ponylover.  Because I love a pony.

And, though I'm a dude, I'd call myself a pegasister if I could get away with it lol.  If only there were a similar but somewhat more fitting term that could describe me...  PegaMister?  No, that's just silly...

No, I find it amusing that you want to be considered a Pegasister. Do it! If only to destroy the idea that only masculine terms like 'bro' can be (wrongly) accepted as gender-neutral!

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1