Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you call yourself a brony, a pegasister, or a fan, & why?

BritishBrony2012

Feels like a somewhat touchy subject. Really depends on what someone would call a Brony, then how they would see themselves in relation to that definition. As far as myself goes, I do call myself a Brony, because I'm a fan of the show, and I'm willing to spread the lessons of Friendship that have been passed to me from the show by practicing the Elements of Harmony wherever I may go.

I would just say I'm a fan. Just like I'm just a fan of Star Trek and Doctor Who. Pegasister just seems like a better term for someone who is more invested in the fandom. I guess that's the best way to put it for me.

• Brohoof 1

yes I'm Brony, only I don't say anyone for obvious reasons (it's my secret), because ''normal'' people would not undestand, but I am a great fan of the cartoon, I have even notebooks of Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, but I don't use only I have saved in my room.

Brohoof for all /)*

Edited by Samuelsky

I call myself a Brony because i feel there is a difference between Fan and Brony like between the correlation between Like and Love. I just feel saying Brony bring's me closer to the love factor. Since I'm highly into all works created by the community including music,art,books ect. The entitlement of Brony makes me feel my dedication more. In person if I'm talking to a person who likes the show i will use the word fan kinda like a gender neutral person would prefer the word they so you accidentally don't offend them by saying the gender there against being . I don't call somepony a Brony or Pegasister until they address there roll of what they like because i have met female fan's who hate the word pegasister so i find it better off to say fan in public. All said i am a Brony and you can address me that way. 

• Brohoof 2

Since I consider the word "brony" to be the catch all name for fans of the gen4 MLP phenomenon, I'd call myself a moderate brony. I really like the show and all the fan made stuff but I will never be caught in possession of a pony plushy or merchandise.

Really folks, if you took the time to search out and sign up on a MLP discussion forum, you're probably a little past the point of being able to call yourself a "casual fan".   

Edited by Gearbox10mm
  • Brohoof 2

I call myself a brony, because by all means I fit the criteria of what a brony is - a fan of MLP:FiM. A brony is a fan of the product in any of its forms (whether that be the TV show, the art, or anything), nothing more and nothing less. That's why I don't really see a distinction between "MLP:FiM fan" and "brony", as they are one in the same. You don't have to be a dedicated viewer of the show, or attend conventions, or any of that stuff to be a "brony". Just be a fan.

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 4

I think the whole thing is pretty silly to be completely honest. :)  If one wants to refer to themselves as a "Brony", then it's their business, just like if they prefer to call themselves something else. However, that being said, I find it goofy whenever someone takes actual offense at being called a Brony. It's a term used to refer to a fan of the show/someone who is part of the community.

If someone finds Brony to be an insulting term, just remember the fun fact that the term "Nerd" was actually invented by Dr. Seuss, and while it was morphed and construed as an insult for quite some time, it eventually became a badge of pride for many individuals, similar to what happened to the term "Christian", which was also originally intended as an insult.

Etymology is fun.  ^_^

PS: I missed Rivendare's post. He pretty much hit the nail on the head. 

Edited by Promethium
  • Brohoof 1

I think I have the wrong gender to be described as pegasister, so I'll roll with Brony. Unless Brony means attending, cons, (I have 0 knowledge of any in the NW US), having merchandise (I can't afford to spend money on horse dolls) or drawing art (I can't draw to save my life.) Then I would be a fan. But if none of the above are qualifying terms, then I am a freaking brony.

I perfer Ponysister rather than Pegasister because I see myself more as a unicorn and I'm sure thousands of other girls may perfer unicorn or earth pony rather than pegasi or see themselves as those instead as well. :lol:

I call myself all three of these simply because being a female fan, I don't care what people call me. I'm still a fan so I'm a female brony. I may also call myself a Pegasister. I allow people to call me what they want to. I just seriously don't mind.

Edited by GoldenGlintingPurple

I think it's too late for me to argue the point. I' ve got two pony short stories on fimfic now, so Brony it is :)

It happened so suddenly? I hadn't even seen the show in February?

I call myself a Brony because I just don't like the way "Pegasister" sounds.  And "fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" or pretty much any of its variants are just too long.  Besides, shorthand puns are the future, mon ami.