Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria's surpemacy over Earth

Breezeoverthewater

A few advantages that Equestria has.

1) No global voes, like hunger, poverty, lack of clean water, wars and homelessness. Ponies seems to have basic stuff, like food, water and a shelter. Well, except those who've chosen a traveler's life, but it's volunterely.

2)No discrimination whatsoever. As in racism, sexism, and many other -isms' we invented. Yeah, some snobbish ponies could laugh a little at country ones, but it's not something that could be called a real discrimination.

3)Lack of religion. As in: no killing over the arguning, which imaginary friend is better, no stupid cases, like dead kids, who died because their parents trust religion over medicine, no religios wars and other stuff like this.

4)No natural diseases. Ponies contorl the weather just fine.

5)Wise and fair rulers. Celestia and Luna -- nuff said.

6)Everypony is happy, doing the job they love. Cutiemarks tell ponies what they will be happy to do their whole lives, and, therefore, there's no cases like hating jobs or whatever. (Except Trixie, but it's mostly her own fault and it was temporary anyway).

7)From little to no crime. Flim Flam brothers, that rivalty over a golden ring in Daring Don't and RD, who's stolen a book. No armed robberies, no rapes, no murders, no assaults. Kids safely travel all around Equestria on their own, like AJ from Ponyville to Manehattan and Cheese Sandwige, or whatever his name is, from Manehattan to Ponyville.

Anyone wants to add something here what I missed, or maybe point on to any mistakes I've made?

• Brohoof 2

@@Breezeoverthewater

Reasons 1,2, and 7 we don't really know that for sure. Sure it's something that will probably never ever be brought up in a cartoon but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist within that world.

The world that can control the weather and produce any food in unlimited quanities will never starve. Plus, all ponies have their own advantages and disadvantages, that makes them equal to each other. 

• Brohoof 2

You can't say that stuff with certainty. In fact, here's my opinion: Equestria - and by extension, the world it is a part of - does have its fair share of problems, but we never see them because of the limitations of the target demographic for the show. Hasbro would not approve of a My Little Pony show where there are rapes, assaults, thefts, violence, conflict, and blatant discrimination.

Equestria is only as "peaceful" as it is by necessity. In fact, Equestria does have armed, land-driven, and foreign conflict1 and discrimination driven by stereotypes and prejudice2.

1 Applebuck Season (but with pies and wagons replacing tanks and bombs) and A Canterlot Wedding (an attempted coup d'etat and takeover by a hostile foreign power).

2 Bridle Gossip.

Edited by skbl17
  • Brohoof 6

You can't say that stuff with certainty. In fact, here's my opinion: Equestria - and by extension, the world it is a part of - does have its fair share of problems, but we never see them because of the limitations of the target demographic for the show. Hasbro would not approve of a My Little Pony show where there are rapes, assaults, thefts, violence, conflict, and blatant discrimination.

Equestria is only as "peaceful" as it is by necessity, not because it is.

That's what I'm talking about. Exactly what I'm talking about. The whole world is restricted by this, therefore, no bad stuff would happen. Besides, ponies in general much nicer and peaceful than humans. I can't imagine a real war, or, say, street gangs in Equestria.

That's what I'm talking about. Exactly what I'm talking about. The whole world is restricted by this, therefore, no bad stuff would happen. Besides, ponies in general much nicer and peaceful than humans. I can't imagine a real war, or, say, street gangs in Equestria.

That's not entirely accurate. We have bullies, evil tyrants, kidnapping diamond dogs, gangs of cowboy bulls, etc. I'd be shocked if there wasn't any gangs of any sort.

In a sense Equestria is much nicer, but it is also MUCH more dangerous.

• Brohoof 2

That's not entirely accurate. We have bullies, evil tyrants, kidnapping diamond dogs, gangs of cowboy bulls, etc. I'd be shocked if there wasn't any gangs of any sort.

In a sense Equestria is much nicer, but it is also MUCH more dangerous.

Bullies not nearly as harmful as in here, tyrants were ruling thousands years ago, and were much nicer than an average president that killed thousands of people, diamond dogs released her soon enough, without causing harm, and it was only once. The latter was in comics, so it's not canon.

Bullies not nearly as harmful as in here, tyrants were ruling thousands years ago, and were much nicer than an average president that killed thousands of people, diamond dogs released her soon enough, without causing harm, and it was only once. The latter was in comics, so it's not canon.

Bullies not as harmful? What? How can what Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon did to Scootaloo or what Gilda did and even threatened to do to Fluttershy and/or Pinkie Pie can be considered less harmful? One is pure psychological bullying; the other is blunt and threat of force. That seems pretty harmful to me.

That is irrelevant; especially since one certain tyrant came back and very well could've won. Add in the danger that the Changelings present, that danger that a singular Tirek presented, and even the danger that Nightmare Moon presented. Left alone thousands of ponies could've very well died.

The diamond dogs releasing Rarity 'soon enough' is irrelevant. The point is they kidnapped her, and intended to use her as slave labor.

And it's still canon; just B-canon unless the show directly contradicts it. However I won't get into a comic debate in this topic.

• Brohoof 2

Bullies not as harmful? What? How can what Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon did to Scootaloo or what Gilda did and even threatened to do to Fluttershy and/or Pinkie Pie can be considered less harmful? One is pure psychological bullying; the other is blunt and threat of force. That seems pretty harmful to me.

That is irrelevant; especially since one certain tyrant came back and very well could've won. Add in the danger that the Changelings present, that danger that a singular Tirek presented, and even the danger that Nightmare Moon presented. Left alone thousands of ponies could've very well died.

The diamond dogs releasing Rarity 'soon enough' is irrelevant. The point is they kidnapped her, and intended to use her as slave labor.

And it's still canon; just B-canon unless the show directly contradicts it. However I won't get into a comic debate in this topic.

It's harmful, yes, but not nearly as real world bullies. Did Diamond and Silver pay some colts, so they would rape CMC? Did they beat them up brutally? Did they use acid in the face method? Or maybe they made them to commit a suicide, or try to do this? Remember that accident with a boy, who tried to kill himself because of that MLP bag, or something? Is something like this possible in Equestria? I don't think so.

That is relevant, actually. First, nobody won. In here? Dozens of tyrants killing people and using them as slaves, right now. Second, no victims whatsoever. Here? Thousands of dead, daily. It's a routine, come to think of it. 

Not ponies kidnapped her. Diamond dogs. It's not the fault of the society. Here? People getting kidnapped for money, for revenge, for sexual slaverty. Compare it to what Rarity has to go through.

And no, comics aren't canon. It was confirmed twice, by Jim Miller and by IDW director, or leader, or whoever he is.

It's harmful, yes, but not nearly as real world bullies. Did Diamond and Silver pay some colts, so they would rape CMC? Did they beat them up brutally? Did they use acid in the face method? Or maybe they made them to commit a suicide, or try to do this? Remember that accident with a boy, who tried to kill himself because of that MLP bag, or something? Is something like this possible in Equestria? I don't think so.

That is relevant, actually. First, nobody won. In here? Dozens of tyrants killing people and using them as slaves, right now. Second, no victims whatsoever. Here? Thousands of dead, daily. It's a routine, come to think of it. 

Not ponies kidnapped her. Diamond dogs. It's not the fault of the society. Here? People getting kidnapped for money, for revenge, for sexual slaverty. Compare it to what Rarity has to go through.

And no, comics aren't canon. It was confirmed twice, by Jim Miller and by IDW director, or leader, or whoever he is.

Whether or not it's not as harmful as real-world bullying is beside the point. You mention all of those horrific example; yet what Gilda threatened and what DT & SS is any better? A bully is a bully. Yeah, we have no evidence of rape existing in Equestria (thankfully), but bullying is still bullying.

Whether or not the bad guys lose in Equestria is, again, irrelevant. The point is that individuals like these exist within the confines of the world, and they can do and have done serious damage.

On the Diamond Dogs, they were going to enslave her for life in a Diamond mine. That is bad enough by itself. Whether or not this was the fault of Equestria society is, again, beside the point.

The only thing that was clarified was that comic material would not be making it to the show. They never said that interrupted the B-canon status of the comics.

With that said I'm out.

• Brohoof 2

Whether or not it's not as harmful as real-world bullying is beside the point. You mention all of those horrific example; yet what Gilda threatened and what DT & SS is any better? A bully is a bully. Yeah, we have no evidence of rape existing in Equestria (thankfully), but bullying is still bullying.

Whether or not the bad guys lose in Equestria is, again, irrelevant. The point is that individuals like these exist within the confines of the world, and they can do and have done serious damage.

On the Diamond Dogs, they were going to enslave her for life in a Diamond mine. That is bad enough by itself. Whether or not this was the fault of Equestria society is, again, beside the point.

The only thing that was clarified was that comic material would not be making it to the show. They never said that interrupted the B-canon status of the comics.

With that said I'm out.

It is not beside the point. My point is that many bad things either don't exist in Equestria, or they not nearly as harmful as here. Honestly I'd prefer to be bullied by DT and SS, than those jerks. And I'd prefer to experience all these bad guys' risings than live, fearing that someday I could be robbed, beaten up, killed, or biten to death. As for Diamond Dogs, yes, that's bad. But like I said, it's not nearly as bad as what happens to kidnappers' victims here.

And that makes them not canon, because they have absolutely nothing to do with the show, and, therefore, with the real Equestria.

Well, I do agree that Equestria in general is more ideal than Earth, but MLP is a show directed towards a younger audience after all, so it might be inappropriate to add certain problems that occur on Earth into the show.

On a side note, Equestria does periodically experience some invasion issues from hostile forces as well, while the situation may seem mild due to the way it is framed (since again the show's nature is for a younger audience), but a changeling invasion or a demonic power-hungry centaur wreaking havoc is pretty damn serious, perhaps just as serious as the world wars or 9/11 on Earth.

• Brohoof 2

Well... EQ is made as a utopia... more or less... no probs... but from a realistic point of view... it wouldnt be possible.... POWER is the problem of all beings... not only sentient...

I mean sure you can look at wars that werefought over the issue of power with millions of deaths in our history. BUt look at animals as well, and im not talking about hunting. Lion males, hippos, tigers, crocodiles, ants, squids....etc... all fight.... and figting for land, contol over feamles, etc... it happens and it is about power.

Point is there will always be the urge to have more than another, nomatter where,

Now sure EQ is a utopia, but that but them behind technologically compared to us. I mean most of the things that improve our life today. Medicine, computers, trains, microwaves, planes...list goes on... became what they are today due to our warlike being. Sure, some (as trains, medicine and aeroplanes) were not meant for millitary purposes, but without financial interest from a nations goverment for millitary purposes... they mightve never caught on. Also, many inventions spurred out of our competitivness, our wish to have more that 'the other guy'... which seems to be absent in EQ. Just look at all the things we pumped out during the cold war... on both sides, just trying to overtake the othe... WE MADE IT TO SPACE FGS... just to prove that one is better than the other. This led to satellites that now connect most of our world... And who knows, maybe theat mars colony thing will work... and most of these we owe to nations competitivnewss.

We mightve never made it to space without WW2... or missed a lot of stuff... for example the guy who made the V2 rocket became the head of NASA after the war... building the worlds most powerful rocket. He wouldve had so much attention if it werent for his weaponised inventions. If u look at our history.. most breaktrhough were made during wars. Im not saying wars are good... Im just saying that all those conflicts and wishes to be 'the best' have stimulated us to grow into something a peacful 'perfect' world couldnt achieve... or at least take a lot longer to.

• Brohoof 2

The world of Equestria is bound to magic. For this simple reason, you can't compare it with Earth. Everything is different. Evil ponies are not some dictators that enslave other ponies for profit. The source of Evil is magic, just like the source of their "pony races" and the cutie-mark is.

Equestria is a world where different species are sentient and live together. Such thing does not exist on Earth. Our enemies are nothing but humans, because the only sentient enemy we have to face is nothing but ourselves. This obviously leads to tensions within the race itself.

You can't talk about supremacy when you compare a rock to an electron. There is no comparison possible and deducing anything when you compare the two is nonsense, because they are fundamentally different.

Edited by ConcorDisparate

My Little Pony is a kid's show, so of course we won't see the dark aspects of it. 

The darker parts are in the comics, which aren't even canon, so what we see is that Equestria is a great place except with the occasional invasion here and there.

For all we know, there are a lot of problems that take place off screen since we don't know them. 

There are several kid's shows that take place on earth, but I doubt any of them talk about the darker aspects that happen like murder, rape, or evil stuff like that. Would that mean according to that show, Earth doesn't have those problems?

Of course, you could argue that while we watch MLP, the unimportant stuff in Equestria arent there. Even then, that sounds boring. You will only exist while you're on camera. I wouldn't like that. 

Equestria does have kidnappying and slavery though. In fact, Twilight Sparkle, a princess,  pretty much approved her friend to be traded as a slave. We have more evidence showing that slavery is legal than evidence showing it's illegal in Equestria. Also, if your view of slavery involves ownership of any sentient animal, then slavery is legal in Equestria, and Applejack is a slave owner.  Yes, one of the elements of harmony, the pony who can get along with anypony else, has slaves. (Or not depending on your idea of slavery.)

• Brohoof 1

Wrong. I think Equestria is much more real than Earth. Just because that's how sentient beings should live.

re·al 1

(rē′əl, rēl)

adj.
a. Being or occurring in fact or actuality; having verifiable existence: real objects; a real illness.
b. True and actual; not imaginary, alleged, or ideal: real people, not ghosts; a film based on real life.
c. Of or founded on practical matters and concerns: recent graduate experiencing the real world for the firsttime.
2. Genuine and authentic; not artificial or spurious: real mink; real humility.
3. Being no less than what is stated; worthy of the name: real friend.
4. Free of pretense, falsehood, or affectation: tourists hoping for a real experience on the guided tour.
5. Not to be taken lightly; serious: in real trouble.
6. Philosophy Existing objectively in the world regardless of subjectivity or conventions of thought or language.
7. Relating to, being, or having value reckoned by actual purchasing power: real income; real growth.
8. Physics Of, relating to, or being an image formed by light rays that converge in space.
9. Mathematics Of, relating to, or being a real number.
10. Law Of or relating to stationary or fixed property, such as buildings or land.
adv. Informal
Very: I'm real sorry about that.
n.
1. thing or whole having actual existence. Often used with the: theories beyond the realm of the real.
2. Mathematics A real number.

Yeah, Equestria isn't real. 
  • Brohoof 1

A few advantages that Equestria has.

1) No global voes, like hunger, poverty, lack of clean water, wars and homelessness. Ponies seems to have basic stuff, like food, water and a shelter. Well, except those who've chosen a traveler's life, but it's volunterely.

2)No discrimination whatsoever. As in racism, sexism, and many other -isms' we invented. Yeah, some snobbish ponies could laugh a little at country ones, but it's not something that could be called a real discrimination.

3)Lack of religion. As in: no killing over the arguning, which imaginary friend is better, no stupid cases, like dead kids, who died because their parents trust religion over medicine, no religios wars and other stuff like this.

4)No natural diseases. Ponies contorl the weather just fine.

5)Wise and fair rulers. Celestia and Luna -- nuff said.

6)Everypony is happy, doing the job they love. Cutiemarks tell ponies what they will be happy to do their whole lives, and, therefore, there's no cases like hating jobs or whatever. (Except Trixie, but it's mostly her own fault and it was temporary anyway).

7)From little to no crime. Flim Flam brothers, that rivalty over a golden ring in Daring Don't and RD, who's stolen a book. No armed robberies, no rapes, no murders, no assaults. Kids safely travel all around Equestria on their own, like AJ from Ponyville to Manehattan and Cheese Sandwige, or whatever his name is, from Manehattan to Ponyville.

Anyone wants to add something here what I missed, or maybe point on to any mistakes I've made?

1) A lot of that isn't even shown in the show. Sure, Equestria may be like that, but for all we know, every other country could be war torn wastelands.

2) There very well could be racism in Equestria. The way the ponies reacted to Zecora sets off a few alarms.

3) ... I don't see why that would matter. Who knows? Maybe there is some kind of religion in Equestria. They basically have a living deity as their monarch.

4) Do you mean natural disasters?

5) I agree.

6) I agree.

7) There is probably crime in the bigger cities, but not as much as Earth.

• Brohoof 2

because the only sentient enemy we have to face is nothing but ourselves.

Thats what they want u to think...

And most intelligent species

img-3601402-1-maxresdefault.jpg

And our future overlords

img-3601402-2-Evil-Cat-Planning-The-Futu

Lets not forget what all those "Ancient Aliens" episodes taught us (if u live in the US... europe is safe <3)

img-3601402-3-alien-invasion-movies_o_18

• Brohoof 3

It seems to me that when comparing our world to Equestria, there are those who simply must make Equestria out to be just as bad as our own..

I disagree heavily with this, personally.

While EQ still has its cons, like the occasional bully (DT, SP), occasional magical-tyrant/monster/dude showing up, (All of the protagonists so far),

and the occasional jerk, these things are not nearly as bad as their counterparts to earth. Earth deals with these sorts of things constantly, while in EQ it's rare...

So I am going to say that EQ better then earth. Nuff' said...xD

• Brohoof 2

My Little Pony is a kid's show, so of course we won't see the dark aspects of it. 

The darker parts are in the comics, which aren't even canon, so what we see is that Equestria is a great place except with the occasional invasion here and there.

For all we know, there are a lot of problems that take place off screen since we don't know them. 

There are several kid's shows that take place on earth, but I doubt any of them talk about the darker aspects that happen like murder, rape, or evil stuff like that. Would that mean according to that show, Earth doesn't have those problems?

Of course, you could argue that while we watch MLP, the unimportant stuff in Equestria arent there. Even then, that sounds boring. You will only exist while you're on camera. I wouldn't like that. 

Equestria does have kidnappying and slavery though. In fact, Twilight Sparkle, a princess,  pretty much approved her friend to be traded as a slave. We have more evidence showing that slavery is legal than evidence showing it's illegal in Equestria. Also, if your view of slavery involves ownership of any sentient animal, then slavery is legal in Equestria, and Applejack is a slave owner.  Yes, one of the elements of harmony, the pony who can get along with anypony else, has slaves. (Or not depending on your idea of slavery.)

I would argue with that, because it wasn't a slave-trading. It's more like the matter of honor. Fluttershy could have just refused to go there, but she didn't, because she's too honorable to just break the deal like that. I thought it's kinda obvious, but apparently, it isn't. Well, whatever.

If you're talking about cows and sheeps, then I do not agree. Why? Because according to this logic, having kids means being a slave owner. Why? I hope you'll get it by yourself.

By the way, slavery exists on Earth. Millions of people are slaves, right now. Including kids. Including sexual slavery.

Well... EQ is made as a utopia... more or less... no probs... but from a realistic point of view... it wouldnt be possible.... POWER is the problem of all beings... not only sentient...

I mean sure you can look at wars that werefought over the issue of power with millions of deaths in our history. BUt look at animals as well, and im not talking about hunting. Lion males, hippos, tigers, crocodiles, ants, squids....etc... all fight.... and figting for land, contol over feamles, etc... it happens and it is about power.

Point is there will always be the urge to have more than another, nomatter where,

Now sure EQ is a utopia, but that but them behind technologically compared to us. I mean most of the things that improve our life today. Medicine, computers, trains, microwaves, planes...list goes on... became what they are today due to our warlike being. Sure, some (as trains, medicine and aeroplanes) were not meant for millitary purposes, but without financial interest from a nations goverment for millitary purposes... they mightve never caught on. Also, many inventions spurred out of our competitivness, our wish to have more that 'the other guy'... which seems to be absent in EQ. Just look at all the things we pumped out during the cold war... on both sides, just trying to overtake the othe... WE MADE IT TO SPACE FGS... just to prove that one is better than the other. This led to satellites that now connect most of our world... And who knows, maybe theat mars colony thing will work... and most of these we owe to nations competitivnewss.

We mightve never made it to space without WW2... or missed a lot of stuff... for example the guy who made the V2 rocket became the head of NASA after the war... building the worlds most powerful rocket. He wouldve had so much attention if it werent for his weaponised inventions. If u look at our history.. most breaktrhough were made during wars. Im not saying wars are good... Im just saying that all those conflicts and wishes to be 'the best' have stimulated us to grow into something a peacful 'perfect' world couldnt achieve... or at least take a lot longer to.

All of it worths nothing, compare to social progress ponies made. I mean, hundreds of millions of people starving, while on the other side of the globe hundreds of millions of people just throwing away food into trash. How sick is that? No progress can justify it.

@

Mountaineer28

1)I'm talking only about the land, inhabiten by ponies. As in, Equestria.

2)Imagine that you see an argonian from TES series, leading a guar on the leash. You'd be freaked out. That's not racism whatsoever. Racism is when you hang a person just because his skin color is darker than yours.

3)It does matter. Remember ISIS and tell me that they are harmless. How many such groups that were born by religion?

4)Yes, sorry. Natural disasters.

7)More like petty theft, and happens rarely. Mostly because there shouldn't be racial and social tension, and also ponies aren't as agressive as humans, in general.