Did you like it?  

476 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

That was terrifying. But oh boy, it was soooo good. That song is probably the most unsettling song in the series. Yeah, definitely.

That song...God, do I so agree with that. Very unsettling :sunny:

• Brohoof 5

Can I just say that Pinkie was top-notch here? And another thing, what in the hay does AJ's cutie mark have to do with her countryisms?

Well, she got her cutie mark when she went back to her family, and her cutie mark is 3 apples, which could signify Applejack, Big Mac and Granny, which are the three apples. So if her special talent was linked to her family and her history, then it stands to reason that when she lost it she lost her countryisms.

But then again it's just a theory. A Pony theory.

• Brohoof 6

If you ask me, Starlight was just a typical politician. Promising one thing but not practicing it herself.

Sound familiar? xD

• Brohoof 2

Ok, Hvaing just watched that, Pinky just jumped up about 3 spots to no2 favorite pony (still like Rarity more). Pinky stole that entire 2 part episode.  

Ok, Hvaing just watched that, Pinky just jumped up about 3 spots to no2 favorite pony (still like Rarity more). Pinky stole that entire 2 part episode.  

• Brohoof 1

THAT...

WAS...

AMAZING!

I had my doubts and my concerns, but all of them were just kicked into the sun. Maybe once I've had more time to think it over it might change, but right now I'm tempted to call this one of the best season openers.

For starters, everyone in this episode felt like they mattered, and Pinkie's constant facial expressions were a hoot to watch. Then you have Starlight Glimmer, who I at first though was going to be a two-dimensional villain. What's more is her defeat adverted the "last-five-minute-deus-ex-machina" resolution we've seen before (unless you count Double Diamond suddenly finding his skis a cop out.) Not to mention that now we have the potential for a recurring villain, hopefully with more insight into her past. Why is she like this, where did she learn to steal Cutie Marks like that and what are her motivations for this entire debacle?

Don't even get me started on the darker tone, which gave me chills for most of the opener. They're just so unsettling and eerie with their forced smiles that you can't help getting the heebie jeebies. Starlight Glimmer is a nasty piece of work, but the entire process of having your Cutie Mark removed looked utterly painful, both physically and to watch, not mention that it basically forces you from ever doing your special talent

All and all, I have renewed hope now that this season could be even better than the last.  

• Brohoof 7

So far, I think this is a great episode. Everybody is involved, Starlight is a really good villain and that there's a chance for an arc is wonderful. The only thing I didn't like is how some of the characters were written, but otherwise this has made me more optimistic for the next few episodes.

• Brohoof 3

That was a great episode. I think it's a breath of fresh air to have a "regular" pony as the main villain instead of dem big voiced, big body and powerful ruler villains we've seen in the past.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Anyway, I actually enjoyed this episode alot, I want more of that intercom, creepy. I like that they didn't just defeat the antagonist like they usually do, having her escape sets up a season-wide arc.

Also, looks like they got some ideas for Girlchan in Paridise with the whole bucket of water thing. lol

I was just waiting for someone to say, "THERE IS A BUCKET OF WATER OVER THERE!"

Edited by rpc8169
  • Brohoof 2

I do love arcs! ^_^ That's probably what made Season 4 so good! Every other season just did stuff. Season 4 actually had somewhere it was going. I loved that. I always love arcs. 

Do I sense Starlight making a return for the season finale?

• Brohoof 3

I love how one of the tags for this thread is "OMG THE PONIES ARE BACK"

And they better have this as a season arc!

• Brohoof 2

And another thing, what in the hay does AJ's cutie mark have to do with her countryisms?

I don't think that was so much what her cutie mark had to with them as it was what the equality marks did to their personalities.  They clearly magically altered them, which included inhibiting any personality traits of theirs that make them special and unique, not just their physical or emotional talents derived from their cutie marks.

• Brohoof 5

I do love arcs! ^_^ That's probably what made Season 4 so good! Every other season just did stuff. Season 4 actually had somewhere it was going. I loved that. I always love arcs. 

Do I sense Starlight making a return for the season finale?

I got a feeling she might return frequently throughout the season.  Who knows, but I'm quite excited to see where everything goes.  Maybe she'll even gather her own Mane 6 around her, a posse of lieutenants to strengthen her position and spread her philosophy across Equestria!  Can you imagine, Mane 6 vs. Reverse/Bizarro/Anti Mane 6 in the season finale?  Hooooo nelly, that'd be awesome!!!  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 3

First of all I'd like to thank everypony who slowed down the live-stream thus ruining the first ten minutes for me in order to yell Communism (because that added so much to the episode). On the subject of the episode I think it was pretty good, admittedly I felt they could have done a little more with it (just a little) but overall pretty excellent (although I still think Twilights kingdom is better), I look forward to seeing Starlight again.

This episode's not that bad, it's an excellent story that the equal cutie marks are initiated by Starlight Glimmer. I watched the two-part episode on S5 live stream first after I watched "Twilight's Kingdom" episode.  ;)

The last of the episode story, I heard that Starlight Glimmer was gone away and the cutie marks are finally restored where they were.

That was a great premier. So glad to have ponies back!

I liked that we had a group focus, on the idea that friends can be different and yet remain close.  Fluttershy having a large role was unexpected but I loved it (save for one scene but I'll get to that) Starlight was so-so, I feel like they really need to develop her more if I'm suppose to be invested in her. Spike not being there was a slight disappointment, I mean the only 2 parter he's played a role in is The Cyrstal Empire, though I don't dock the episode for what it could have included. That being said I dislike one scene, when Fluttershy was exiting the chimeny.  Well I can definitely say Larson wrote that scene.  I really hate it when he does that like in Luna Ecplised and Magic Duel, where he plays Fluttershy as a overly scared coward.  Thankfully it was short and Sonneborn probably helped reign him in. Overall 2 best preimer in my eyes, right after Return of Harmony. Can't wait for the rest of the season.  :) 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This was a pretty good episode to start off the season with.  I had fun watching it and it was nice to see other members of the mane 6 (particularly Fluttershy) actually have a good role in the conflict besides Twilight.  It was also nice to see the ponies the mane 6 befriended from the village help save the day as well.

The first episode was pretty solid and nicely set up the conflict for the second episode to continue on with and did have a nice unsettling vibe for the village.  It was enjoyable and I have no big problems with it but the second part was when I enjoyed the episode the most.

Part 2 is where Starlight Glimmer and the conflicting ideologies of true friendship became more apparent and definitely allowed to be pretty interesting, we got Fluttershy taking an active role in helping her friends, Starlight reveals her true colors without derailing as a character, we get a fun action climax and just generally pretty fun moments and a nice experience.

So part 1 was good while part 2 was great.

Not my personal favorite 2 part episode but it was a great episode that laid the foundation for the season quite nicely.

Also Starlight is totally Amon from The Legend Of Korra, BTW.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2