Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced Strange Tales of the Equestrian Idiot OOC (Now 20% cooler!)

Hypn0ticD

(edited)

@@xCuddlefish, @@GeneralDirection, @@Pelate, @@Love, @@Windbreaker, @@Orion Caelum, @@GeneralDirection,

Finally, the app of my most developed character for all to see! Now with a bit more development!

Colette Irving

Height (Feet and inches) : 5'3"

Weight (in pounds) : 125 lbs.

Eye color: Dark brown

Hair color: Naturally black, but the top portion is dyed fire engine red with a prominent blue streak in her bangs.

Occupation: Junior (11th grade) high school student / cashier at Hot Topic /musician /aspiring YouTuber / Equestrian "Transfer student"

Backstory (A little more about your character) : Colette is an avid musician and singer, having a burning passion for music ever since she could remember. She's a natural born singer, and was enrolled in piano lessons for a short while in childhood before taking up the guitar at the age of eleven, then picking up the bass at thirteen.

Colette dreams of becoming popular on YouTube, and has maintained a channel since the age of twelve, uploading videos at every given opportunity, usually two to three tomes a week. She has a very small number of subscribers to her two original channels, though this number is steadily on the rise. Through her travels throughout Equestria, she will create a third channel, Equestrian Idiot, which will be her most popular channel by far!

Colette covers mostly punk, alternative, and metal songs, singing her heart out if the song has vocals. She also covers video game music from any era, which she is most known for.

Aside from playing music, Colette also has an intense passion for video games; the horror genre is her absolute favorite. She is known to do let's plays in much the same way a male YouTube Gamer would, recording her reactions and providing commentary. Though not exactly original, she does have her followers!

She also writes and performs the occasional skit or dramatic reading, mostly creepypastas or bad fanfiction that she comes across.

At the start of the RP, Colette works the cashier for the Hot Topic in the Regency Mall in order to fund her passions. Though the job doesn't pay well, she has managed to save up enough money to pay for her acoustic and bass guitars.

Colette also attends Jerome I. Case High School located in Racine, Wisconsin, where she earns average grades. Unsurprisingly, her strongest grades are in music, but her weakest are in math and science. She mostly hangs out with gamers and musicians like herself.

She lives in a small two story working class home with her father, but is often home alone due to his job as a factory supervisor. Colette does not know that much about her mother, as she left her father when she was still quite young.

Other distinctive features (if any) : Colette has three piercings in each ear, which usually have just about any type of earring in them at all times.

Colette is very much the tomboy, and can be usually be seen in split leg jeans and graphic t-shirts, and is given to wearing darker colors, not just black. She will buy some brighter clothing to wear in Equestria, but one would be hard pressed to see her wearing any sort of dresses, skirts or makeup, unless absolutely necessary...

Colette will be bringing with her her most prized possessions, which are her wine red Les Paul and 5-String Stingray Bass, and will be actively seeking out any opportunity to get a chance to play them, as well as find the perfect place to set up a studio...

Sorry for the delay in responses! I'll tackle those on my next break, but I just wanted to get Colette's app up real quick!

Edited by Hypn0ticD

@@xCuddlefish, @@GeneralDirection, @@Pelate, @@Love, @@Windbreaker, @@Orion Caelum, @@GeneralDirection,

Finally, the app of my most developed character for all to see! Now with a bit more development!

Colette Irving

Height (Feet and inches) : 5'3"

Weight (in pounds) : 125 lbs.

Eye color: Dark brown

Hair color: Naturally black, but the top portion is dyed fire engine red with a prominent blue streak in her bangs.

Occupation: Junior (11th grade) high school student / cashier at Hot Topic /musician /aspiring YouTuber / Equestrian "Transfer student"

Backstory (A little more about your character) : Colette is an avid musician and singer, having a burning passion for music ever since she could remember. She's a natural born singer, and was enrolled in piano lessons for a short while in childhood before taking up the guitar at the age of eleven, then picking up the bass at thirteen.

Colette dreams of becoming popular on YouTube, and has maintained a channel since the age of twelve, uploading videos at every given opportunity, usually two to three tomes a week. She has a very small number of subscribers to her two original channels, though this number is steadily on the rise. Through her travels throughout Equestria, she will create a third channel, Equestrian Idiot, which will be her most popular channel by far!

Colette covers mostly punk, alternative, and metal songs, singing her heart out if the song has vocals. She also covers video game music from any era, which she is most known for.

Aside from playing music, Colette also has an intense passion for video games; the horror genre is her absolute favorite. She is known to do let's plays in much the same way a male YouTube Gamer would, recording her reactions and providing commentary. Though not exactly original, she does have her followers!

She also writes and performs the occasional skit or dramatic reading, mostly creepypastas or bad fanfiction that she comes across.

At the start of the RP, Colette works the cashier for the Hot Topic in the Regency Mall in order to fund her passions. Though the job doesn't pay well, she has managed to save up enough money to pay for her acoustic and bass guitars.

Colette also attends Jerome I. Case High School located in Racine, Wisconsin, where she earns average grades. Unsurprisingly, her strongest grades are in music, but her weakest are in math and science. She mostly hangs out with gamers and musicians like herself.

She lives in a small two story working class home with her father, but is often home alone due to his job as a factory supervisor. Colette does not know that much about her mother, as she left her father when she was still quite young.

Other distinctive features (if any) : Colette has three piercings in each ear, which usually have just about any type of earring in them at all times.

Colette is very much the tomboy, and can be usually be seen in split leg jeans and graphic t-shirts, and is given to wearing darker colors, not just black. She will buy some brighter clothing to wear in Equestria, but one would be hard pressed to see her wearing any sort of dresses, skirts or makeup, unless absolutely necessary...

Colette will be bringing with her her most prized possessions, which are her wine red Les Paul and 5-String Stingray Bass, and will be actively seeking out any opportunity to get a chance to play them, as well as find the perfect place to set up a studio...

Sorry for the delay in responses! I'll tackle those on my next break, but I just wanted to get Colette's app up real quick!

Something tells me she'll get along very well with PON-3 and not so well with Octavia, or, for that matter, Rarity, whom I'm sure will try to stick her in a dress.

@@Love,

I actually forgot about BABSCon! That's what I get for having no life outside of work, I guess... Are you gonna dress up as Prince Cadence, and is your hubby going?

I'm more than likely gonna start the RP where Alex and Colette have just submitted their entries, and are griping about it to their viewers, and take it from there, to give you time to enjoy the con!

@@Orion Caelum,

... Which is exactly why we need a Rarity! :D in fact, we'll need more mane cast in general!

@@xCuddlefish, @@GeneralDirection, [ @@Windbreaker, @@Orion Caelum, @@GeneralDirection,

I'll try to get my ideas as to how to start the RP up by the time I get home tonight, to see what you guys think!

@@Pelate,

I'll start reviewing your character's app during my lunch break. I didn't really get a chance to last night!

• Brohoof 1

@@Hypn0ticD, here is my application for the most adorable DJ in Equestria! :lol:

Name: Vinyl Scratch (a.k.a. DJ PON-3)

Species (Unicorn/ Pegasus/ Earth Pony/ Crystal Pony/Griffin): Unicorn

Approximate Age (Foal/Young Adult/Adult): Young Adult

Mare or Stallion: Mare

Height (Feet and inches): 3' 8"

Weight (in pounds): 85 lbs

Eye color: Cerise

Mane color: Cobalt blue with cyan stripes

Physical Description: Short mane cut, is of average stature, pale yellow coat, wears purple sunglasses.

Occupation (Optional): Disc jockey

Other distinctive features (if any): Usually seen wearing aforementioned glasses

Backstory (A little more about your character): Vinyl Scratch, better known by her stage name DJ PON-3, is a professional DJ and self-proclaimed 'expert partier'. Her residence is in Ponyville, but is frequently traveling around all of Equestria to preform at clubs or special events. Her career started with humble beginnings, getting her first big break at a local club in Ponyville. Word of her talent spread fast, and before long, she was getting requests from across the land!

In what little downtime this busy unicorn has, she can often be found either listening to music at home, or recording her own music at her studio. Often times, Vinyl will record some new tracks, and use the next event she performs at as a 'test run' to gauge the crowd's reaction.

On stage, Vinyl has a very energetic stage presence, and this ability to connect with her audience is what helped her gain a lot of popularity. But when she's not at work, she has a very relaxed, easygoing personality that plays a stark contrast to the vibrant and lively music she produces. Vinyl is extremely passionate about music, and the industry that she more or less represents now with her new-found fame. The moments in life she enjoys the most are when she sees ponies enjoying her music.

Vinyl's foalhood was mostly average and uneventful. She grew up in a small house on the outskirts of Fillydelphia, and lived with her father and older brother. Her mother died shortly after she was born, but neither her father or brother ever blamed Vinyl for it. They were very supportive of the unicorn filly, despite her earning slightly below average grades throughout high school. Her best subject was, not surprisingly, music. Her older brother is also a DJ, and was largely responsible for getting her interested in the industry.

Cutie Mark: Mirrored image of a bridged eighth note, black in colour.

((By the way, 'approximate' is spelled wrong in the application template. :3))

• Brohoof 1

@@Pelate,

The appropriate term I wanted you to use is young adult in this RP. Also, the physical description needs to be rewritten in paragraph form, as you see with the other apps. In fact, follow the app that I've provided.

Run on sentence city! I've also noticed a few contradictions here and there, such as despite being a loner and hating everyone, yet having friends, and being outgoing and sociable, and yet needing time to feel comfortable in order to become sociable.

Also, we don't know exactly how the Equestrian education system works, so just say Sketchy's grades suffered as a result of him having a difficult time with classes and peers...

App's in the spoiler!

Species (Unicorn/ Pegasus/ Earth Pony/ Crystal Pony/Griffin):

Approximate Age (Foal/Young Adult/Adult):

Mare or Stallion:

Height (Feet and inches):

Weight (in pounds):

Eye color:

Mane color:

Physical Description:

Occupation (Optional):

Other distinctive features (if any):

Backstory (A little more about your character):

Cutie Mark: 

@@GeneralDirection,

Awesome app! Vinyl Scratch's in!

.... and thanks for catching the spelling of approximate!

• Brohoof 1

@@Pelate,

The appropriate term I wanted you to use is young adult in this RP. Also, the physical description needs to be rewritten in paragraph form, as you see with the other apps. In fact, follow the app that I've provided.

Run on sentence city! I've also noticed a few contradictions here and there, such as despite being a loner and hating everyone, yet having friends, and being outgoing and sociable, and yet needing time to feel comfortable in order to become sociable.

Also, we don't know exactly how the Equestrian education system works, so just say Sketchy's grades suffered as a result of him having a difficult time with classes and peers...

App's in the spoiler!

Species (Unicorn/ Pegasus/ Earth Pony/ Crystal Pony/Griffin):

Approximate Age (Foal/Young Adult/Adult):

Mare or Stallion:

Height (Feet and inches):

Weight (in pounds):

Eye color:

Mane color:

Physical Description:

Occupation (Optional):

Other distinctive features (if any):

Backstory (A little more about your character):

Cutie Mark:

I thought so... I probably should have proof read, or just simply rewrote the damn thing, but it was copied and pasted from the bio page which I wrote in like 8th and 9th grade, and I was pretty dumb. I'm probably going to rewrite it soon, but I think I'm just going to back out of the roleplay.

(edited)

@@Pelate,

If you're still interested in joining, you have to reformat Sketchy's app, as well as work on the sentence structure so it's easier to follow

@@SoaringCheetah,

Absolutely not! I'm looking for Equestrian characters for this roleplay. Even if your character was Equestrian, you have to type out your character's backstory, description, and occupation.

Do you have a character that's a Pony, Griffin, or Zebra?

Edited by Hypn0ticD
  • Brohoof 1

@@Pelate,

If you're still interested in joining, you have to reformat Sketchy's app, as well as work on the sentence structure so it's easier to follow

@@SoaringCheetah,

Absolutely not! I'm looking for Equestrian characters for this roleplay. Even if your character was Equestrian, you have to type out your character's backstory, description, and occupation.

Do you have a character that's a Pony, Griffin, or Zebra?

Yup, I'll do that. I may, or may not enter again, so yea thanks again for the feedback ;)

(edited)

@@xCuddlefish, @@GeneralDirection, @@Windbreaker, @@Orion Caelum, @@GeneralDirection, @@Love,

Here's a somewhat improved app for AJ! Finally, right?

And yes, I finally fixed the word "approximate"!

Name: Applejack

Species (Unicorn/ Pegasus/ Earth Pony/ Crystal Pony/Griffin): Earth Pony

Approximate Age (Foal/Young Adult/Adult): Young Adult

Mare or Stallion: Mare

Height (Feet and inches): 3'10"

Weight (in pounds): 99 lbs.

Eye color: Moderate Sap Green

Mane color: Pale, Light Grayish Olive

Physical Description: Applejack is an Earth Pony who is colored a light brilliant gamboge--a type of orange color. She is of average height and muscular build, owing to almost a full lifetime of work on an apple orchard and farm. She wears her mane and tail in low set ponytails.

Other distinctive features (if any): Applejack has three white freckles on each cheek. She also speaks with a thick southern accent, accompanied by heavy slang. AJ is also almost always seen with wearing her trusty Stetson.

One can easily catch Applejack in a lie, as she tends to sweat a little, get fidgety and dart eyes back and forth.

Backstory (A little more about your character): Strong, honest, hardworking and dependable, Applejack is the mare of Honesty! She has a strong bond with both her family and friends, and after Twilight, often shows the most integrity of the Mane6.

It's no surprise that AJ's a hard worker, as she happily tends to Sweet Apple acres, growing the best apples and most famous in all of Equestria! Applejack and her family take great pride in this, and take up every opportunity that presents itself to spread the word of the family's brand.

It took a bit of exploring to discover her destiny, however. Shortly after she lost her parents, Applejack turned an eye to big city, hoping to get away from her pain and find her place as a socialite. This did not pan out well, however, as she soon discovered she hated the so-called "high life."

She found herself pining for her home one morning when a rainbow streaked across the, as if home were pining for her as well. Applejack found herself racing home, all too eager to toiling on the farm--and with that discovery, earning herself a brand new Cutie Mark.

Outside of her duties to her farm, she shares a close bond with her five friends, going through thick and thin with them, through both mundane and Equestria-wide threats by the likes of Discord, Chrysalis, Sombra, and finally Tirek; the latter giving herself and her friends the unofficial status of court ponies of The Princess of Friendship. They now find themselves travelling across Equestria, spreading the joys of friendship. Applejack feels that together with her friends, she can take anything on!

Cutie Mark: Three bright red apples.

@@Pelate,

You're welcome! I try to always give feedback whenever I can!

@@xCuddlefish, @@GeneralDirection, @@Windbreaker, @@Orion Caelum, @@GeneralDirection, @@Love,

OOYYITHOUGHTI'DHAVETHERPUPBYNOW!

Here's the general idea of to kick things off, and I wanted to run it by everyone before I go ahead and start the RP thread... give it a read and input when you get the chance!

Seeing as we have such a small cast at the moment, I say we start off with Colette and Alex entering begrudgingly entering the contest, then going about their lives for a short time before receiving notice that they've won the contest. I'm thinking they get it in the form of scrolls magically turning up when they're not looking.

From there, Colette will make a short video detailing her friends' and father's reactions, then move to clothing choices--I will do my best to make that part funny, and potentially embarrassing for her if anypony saw it. It's up to Windbreaker whether or not to do the same for Alex!

Also, seeing as Cadance is the first princess in the RP, a field trip with Frick and Frack to the Crystal Empire should definitely be in the works!

I also was hoping to carry out the idea that several Ponies are assigned the task of watching the humans as they travel from one place to another, reporting back to Celestia or Luna, in case they turn out to be dangerous. I'll need a few more RPers, but I'll choose a few at random when the RP starts!

Edited by Hypn0ticD
  • Brohoof 2

@@Hypn0ticD,

Alex will naturally have a thing or two to say to his darling fans, especially the ones who won't leave him alone about the pony stuff :P At the moment, I'm not sure if I should post up an app for Alex, though.

I will give Fluttershy a chance, been RPing Twilight on EQE for awhile now, so this time I will try something different

Name: Fluttershy
Species: Pegasus
Approximate Age: Young Adult Mare
Height (Feet and inches): 3'11"
Weight (in pounds): 85
Eye color: Green
Mane color: Pink
Physical Description: A yellow pegasus that is slightly taller than her friends. Has a long pink mane that covers her face from certain angles. Also has a long, voluminous pink tail.
Backstory: Fluttershy tends be very shy around others, even her best friends. A very soft spoken and caring pony, she is only really comfortable alone with her animal friends. Fluttershy cares deeply for her friends and animal companions. She can be starled easily, but if put her friends in danger, Fluttershy will step up to the plate and do what is necessary.

As a young filly, Fluttershy was mocked by her classmates almost constantly. Being a weak flyer in Cloudsdale never helped in her getting any praise or admiration. Fluttershy was commonly called Klutzershy because of her ungainly legs and large wings. 

One day it came to a head as several bullies mocked Fluttershy. As she sat there crying to herself, Rainbow Dash came and defended her from the bullies. She challenged them to a race, which Fluttershy waved the flag for. The racers paid no attention of her as they raced past her, causing Fluttershy to fall to the ground. She was caught by a swarm of butterflies who safely placed her on the ground. This was her first time outside of Cloudsdale and she was overwhelmed by the beauty of her new surroundings. As the race continued above her, a sonic rainboom erupted through the sky, causing the animals to hide in fear. Fluttershy calmed the animals and discovered her special connection with them. That day she eraned her cutie mark and began to care for the animals around Ponyville.

As the years went by, Fluttershy made her new home in a cottage just outside Ponyville. There she cared for any of the woodland critters. She made some new friends though she still loved to keep to herself. It all changed when Twilight Sparkle arrived and with Fluttershy's and others' help, defeated Nightmare Moon with the Elements of Harmony. Flutterhsy earned the Element of Kindness that eternal night, and from then on went on various adventures. Fluttershy took on a dragon, hydra, manticore, cockatrice, and her own fears. She even help saved Equestria from Sombra, Discord, Tirek, and Chrysalis. Her greatest accomplishent yet was the reforming of the famed Master of Chaos himself, Discord. 

Currently, she serves on the Court of Friendship with her most treasured friends spreading kindness and friendship through the land.

Cutie Mark: Three blue butterflies with pink wings

• Brohoof 1

@@Derplight Sperkle,

Just got back from work, but I digress...

Not much to say about your app other than you're in!

...We do need a Twilight, Rarity, and a Spike, doe... As well as more OCs! [/shameless plug]

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@GeneralDirection,

Don't worry about it. With luck, others will join the RP in the future...

In the meantime, I'm working on the OP, and I hope to have it up before Friday!

@@Windbreaker,

Whist I'm working on the OP, try to see if you can slip in Alex's app, so that the new players know more about him!

Edited by Hypn0ticD
  • Brohoof 1

Name: Spellbind
Species: Unicorn
Approximate Age: Young Adult Mare
Eye color: Purple
Mane color: Gold and silver
Physical Description: A periwinkle unicorn with a horn defect. She covers this up with a hat.
Backstory: Spellbind was born in Canterlot to two Earth Ponies, which came as a surprise to her parents. After they had named her, however, it occured to them that the very tip of her horn was missing (they didn't notice before because baby Unicorn's horns are pretty small).

They went back to the doctor who had been present during their foal's birth, and he came to the conclusion that the amount of Unicorn blood present in one of Spellbind's parents was so small, that it resulted in only approximately 90% of her horn forming.

The doctor suggested they wait until Spellbind became of age to learn and use magic and see how well she could do so. When she did, almost every spell she attempted to cast had unintended results.

When Spellbind started going to school (the deformation of her horn had become more noticeable by this time), other foals had varied reactions ranging from indifference, being freaked out, or taunting her. Many of the more skilled Unicorns cast spells on her as pranks that Spellbind herself never found funny.

Her parents suggested surgery to remove her horn, but Spellbind thought otherwise. She was determined that someday, she would become skilled at magic and earn respect in society.

To this day, she has become slightly better at getting spells right and is able to perform levitation. Other spells, however, are not her strong point.

Cutie Mark: N/A

This good? 

Name (First and last): Alex Jones

Height (Feet and inches): 5’ 8’’

Weight: 145 pounds

Eye color: Brown

Hair color: Brown

Backstory (A little more about your character): Alex was born and raised in Australia with his mother until recently when he was sent to live with his father in Texas. In preparation for Alex’s arrival, his father was able to line up a part-time job for him so he could earn some money while he gets settled in and decides what he’s going to do with his life. Despite living there, he does sometimes forget where the obvious things are, due to him spending a good amount of time in his room where he records his videos.

When he isn’t working, Alex enjoys playing video games, watching anime and working on his singing and voice acting, some of which he puts on his YouTube channel, where he follows Hypn0ticD. He generally records himself playing a multiplayer game, such as Battlefield, Halo, Titanfall or Call of Duty, but he also records other games.

He was always a lazy child, not really sure if he wanted to do anything with his life. His intelligence was put to use avoiding work rather than doing it for a large portion of his childhood. Towards the end of primary school, he was introduced to anime and found himself falling in love with it, prompting him to begin mimicing the lines and inflections used in anime. Eventually, he discovered a passion for voice acting and decided to put it to use. Soon, he had a YouTube channel and a small fanbase. He branched out into singing after a video he did contained a song that he sang, which some of his slowly growing fanbase loved, and he started to do covers of other songs while he tried to come up with more original content. He also made a Vlog done entirely in song.

Alex is usually quiet, but is quickly set off by what he believes to be stupidity. He's blown up on camera more than once when something goes wrong in his videos, and has admitted on occasion that he despises some of the games he plays, but plays them anyway because people will come and watch him 'shorten his lifespan by years, maybe decades, for the entertainment of random yobbos he's never met.' It should be noted that he has a fondness for sarcasm and routinely engages in it, especially when responding to requests for him to voice act for either Vegeta or a My Little Pony character, or to the constant requests for him to play the Five Nights at Freddy's series, which he repeatedly stated he has no interest in playing for fun, let alone recording. Despite this, he did put in an entry to play the Purple Man in a Five Nights at Freddy's 2 fan animation and Foxy appears on his YouTube banner.

Other distinctive features (if any): His accent drifts between the local Texan accent and his natural Australian accent from time to time. He is also prone to using Australian slang on occasion.

• Brohoof 1

@@Littlecandylulu903,

But don't you think it's strange that a young adult Pony wouldn't have her Cutie Mark? Fillies and colts get teased in the show for being blank flanks, so Spellbind must be catching all sorts of flak and/or pity from Ponies her age...

@@Littlecandylulu903,

...Just try to keep the emo to a minimum, okay? There are a lot of things

@@xCuddlefish, @@GeneralDirection, @@Windbreaker, @@Orion Caelum, @@GeneralDirection,

@@Pelate, @@Love, @@Derplight Sperkle,

In the meantime, I want everyone to know that I'm almost done with the OP! Sorry for not getting it up when I said, but it'll be up just in time for the weekend!

• Brohoof 1