Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced Strange Tales of the Equestrian Idiot OOC (Now 20% cooler!)

Hypn0ticD

(edited)

@@GeneralDirection,

...Sorry! Just now caught that! Fixed my mentions list, but you can expect another few mentions from me very soon! ;)

@@xCuddlefish, @@Love, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@Littlecandylulu903,

Attention everyone! The RP can be found here!

Like Orion has done so, post your character's thoughts on the situation, just to kick things off.

I have to take care of a post for another RP, but I'll post as AJ soon after! But first, an appointment with the sandman.

Hopefully, @Windbreaker'll have his post up for Alex!

@@Orion Caelum,

Though I brohoofed your post, Wilhelm's knowledge of the human world and their technology far exceeds what I'm expecting the Equestrians to be aware of until Colette

However, this could work, especially a little later on in the RP. In the meantime, just have Wilhelm keep his laptop under wraps for the time being!

Edited by Hypn0ticD
  • Brohoof 1

@@Hypn0ticD,

A couple questions. First of all, we don't have anyone currently playing Twilight, but I'd like to use her as a conversational partner for one of my posts. Are you okay with this?

Second question. Sort of related to Orion's post, are we keeping Equestrian technology canon with the show for this RP?

(edited)

@@GeneralDirection,

Both questions are damned good questions!

Unfortunately, we don't have a Twilight as of yet. We also still need a Rarity, and a Spike to join in on the fun! I'll try to get a post up as AJ up soon, though!

@@xCuddlefish, @@Orion Caelum, @@Love, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@Littlecandylulu903,

For your second question, I'm mentioning everyone, GeneralDirection. The Equestrian technology is nowhere near as advanced as human technology. In other words, if it ain't cannon in the show, it ain't cannon in the RP!

However, I did ask Orion to have Wilhelm keep his owning a laptop and knowledge of humans under wraps for the time being, as this could come in handy later...

Edited by Hypn0ticD

@@GeneralDirection,

Who? Twilight or AJ? If it's the latter, I'll be posting AJ soon, promise!

Maybe Rainbow can head over to one of her friends' houses so she can tell them of what she heard and whatnot?

But, if it's the former, then take a crack at 'er and apply!

@@GeneralDirection,

I gotta take care of a post for another RP, but maybe Rainbow Dash could head over to Sweet Apple Acres to shoot the breeze over the news with her until we get a Twilight...

With that, lemme try a shameless plug:

Two humans are about to come to Equestria, because they were invited! They'll be bringing their technology -- but they know NOTHING about Equestrian culture.

They don't know it yet, but they'll need to be studied, as well as introduced to the world of Equestrian fashion! Also, a baby dragon to lure them to the fashionista and the princess with his adorkableness!

... Too shameless? Not shameless enough?

I've been keeping an eye on this and I'm a little um, shall we say, intimidated by how hard it is to get into your RP @Hypn0ticD. I honestly don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I really like it when GMs are thorough and don't accept just anyone, or don't allow bad writers into their RPs, but some people were actually turned away after really trying to adjust their characters to suit your requests.

So I've been wondering, what chance do I have with my character? Should I even try? She's designed to not be canon breaking, but not everyone is open to Magitek. Enchanted items that can in some cases mimic real world technology. Her talent is designed to scale up and down with the tech level of the setting she's in to allow being in different types of RPs, and with a show-like setting she's actually pretty tame.

So what do you think? I've gotten almost entirely positive reception on her.

I've been keeping an eye on this and I'm a little um, shall we say, intimidated by how hard it is to get into your RP @Hypn0ticD. I honestly don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I really like it when GMs are thorough and don't accept just anyone, or don't allow bad writers into their RPs, but some people were actually turned away after really trying to adjust their characters to suit your requests.

So I've been wondering, what chance do I have with my character? Should I even try? She's designed to not be canon breaking, but not everyone is open to Magitek. Enchanted items that can in some cases mimic real world technology. Her talent is designed to scale up and down with the tech level of the setting she's in to allow being in different types of RPs, and with a show-like setting she's actually pretty tame.

So what do you think? I've gotten almost entirely positive reception on her.

I personally like her a lot. Her personality is very well-done, and I also like the magic descriptions and backstory. I've also read some of your posts in FoE:RoH and I like how you play her. Have the Orion Caelum Official Seal Of Approval(patent pending)! Wilhelm and her could possibly know each other as well, though I would expect some "theorist vs. inventor" type conflict. :)

• Brohoof 1

If no one wishes to take up Twilight Sparkle, I could pick her up. You can look in my signature for the app. Just let me know if I need to add anything.

• Brohoof 1

@@Derplight Sperkle,

This is the shortest reply I can make at the moment, but I'll get back to the others as soon as I can.

But yes, we need a Twilight in this RP. Fill out an app when you can... copy and paste is your friend!

I personally like her a lot. Her personality is very well-done, and I also like the magic descriptions and backstory. I've also read some of your posts in FoE:RoH and I like how you play her. Have the Orion Caelum Official Seal Of Approval(patent pending)! Wilhelm and her could possibly know each other as well, though I would expect some "theorist vs. inventor" type conflict. :)

Hmm, I'm not sure which RP that is. Might have died out, or you could be thinking of another RP. But let's hope Hypn feels similar when she's ready to reply to me.

I was actually considering Twilight as an alternate in case Hypn doesn't think my character would fit. Mind holding please, Derplight?

Edited by bronislav84

(edited)

@@bronislav84,

I'll give you a shot at applying Twilight. Three things, though.

First, this RP does not take place in a FoE setting. It takes place in regular old Equestria.

Second, Equestria Girls never happened, so the humans are that much of a surprise.

Third, since this is a cannon setting for the most part, human technology will undoubtedly be more advanced than Equestrian technology, with none of the citizens laying eyes on it before the two humans arrive...

With that outta the way, let's see what ya got for Twilight!

Name:

Species (Unicorn/ Pegasus/ Earth Pony/ Crystal Pony/Griffin):

Approximate Age (Foal/Young Adult/Adult):

Mare or Stallion:

Height (Feet and inches):

Weight (in pounds):

Eye color:

Mane color:

Physical Description:

Occupation (Optional):

Other distinctive features (if any):

Backstory (A little more about your character):

Cutie Mark:

Edited by Hypn0ticD

I've actually never RPed in Fallout. I think Orion is confused. But I take it you've read her and don't think Lektra will fit? First and foremost she's designed for an as close to canon RP as possible. I'll get to work on Twi soon if you're sure.

Edited by bronislav84

@@bronislav84,

I fell asleep last night, but I've read Lektra's profile on my tablet.

I will be honest. The more I read, the more I get OP vibes from Lektra. Her robotic companion honestly isn't doing her any favors for me. Such an advanced companion is considered futuristic, even by human standards.

And yes, there's technology in and electricity in Equestria, but from what I can remember right off the top of my head, the bulk of it is concentrated in the larger cities, and even then, there's at minimum a 30 year difference between human technology and Equestrian technology, and the gap is favoring humanity's side.

I want Alex and Colette to be the first humans in Equestria, and whatever they bring to be the first time any Equestrian lays eyes on such things...

It's good that Lektra's been well received elsewhere, but I don't she'd be a good for this RP. Sorry.

I do need a Princess Twilight for this RP, though, and I wanna see what you've got for her...

Thank you Hypn. I appreciate the honestly. OP might be a bit too honest, since it's how a character is played that determines powerlevel and not actually what potential they have, but I still appreciate your honesty and giving her a thorough read. Thank you.

I really appreciate the chance to play the one I consider Best Pony, so I'd love to give it a shot. Worst that can happen is you either don't like what I do with Twilight's form or I'd have to drop out and let Derplight bring the A+ Twilight game from EQE cause I'm playing her terribly, but I'll get to work on it and try out. It's going to be a WIP for a minimum of couple of days to possibly a week and I don't expect to have even that at least until the evening EST. The sheer volume of four seasons + the ongoing one and what would be good to mention while what should be omitted and kept to a "you know it happened but it's minor" kind of thing is not really something I'm looking forward to doing, but I love a challenge.

That, or I'll do it tonight just to get it done cause I really love the chance to RP Twi. I honestly am not sure how my evening will go, but it's great that it's the weekend. I'd really like to write it out in one sitting though, controlling mother willing.

Edited by bronislav84

@@bronislav84

If you wish to have some pointers, you can look at my EQE profile. The backstory is quite extensive but try to stick to the season openers and finales, thats what I did 

• Brohoof 2

Thank you. If our GM would be fine with that, it would be a better approach.

I still gotta nap on it. I seem to be most creative after I've slept and woke up in the evening.

Edited by bronislav84

Not actually powered, but operating on it. Enchanted/charmed items do exist, like Tank's propeller. I get that you want strict canon here though and not derivatives. I'll try not to disappoint.

Reserving this post for Twi's form, which I'll fill in when no one is looking and say when done. Don't worry, I don't plagiarize. It's good reference of what to include and what to exclude though. Thank you Derplight for the idea.

Kinda glad there's no Personality field. I know how she acts, though it might be hard to put into words. I hope I don't over-cliché her or leak a bit of my personality (or Lektra's) into it.

Name: (Princess) Twilight Sparkle

Species (Unicorn/ Pegasus/ Earth Pony/ Crystal Pony/Griffin): Unicorn who became an Alicorn

Approximate Age (Foal/Young Adult/Adult): Young Adult

Mare or Stallion: Mare

Height (Feet and inches): 4'7" (Is this too tall? Should I make it 4'5"? She's shown as the shortest princess, shorter than Cadence by a bit)

Weight (in pounds): A lady never reveals her weight. Also, it's really hard to approximate.

Eye color: Moderate Violet

Mane color: Moderate sapphire blue with moderate violet and brilliant rose streaks (Directly from Wikia, thanks)

Physical Description: She is an Alicorn with a pale, light grayish mulberry (Also directly from Wikia) coat, which is a type of purple. She is shorter than the other princesses, but is only slightly taller than regular ponies.

Occupation (Optional): Princess of Friendship, though she 'rules' together with her friends

Other distinctive features (if any): None that I can think of, though she sometimes wears her crown if it's the right occasion.

Backstory (A little more about your character):
Twilight is the daughter of Twilight Velvet and Night Light, and has an older brother who she loves very much. As a foal she spent most of her time playing with her brother Shining Armor and her favorite foalsitter Cadence. It is from these experiences that she considers Cadence the greatest foalsitter in all the history of foalsitters. She thinks very highly of Cadence, that Cadence is beautiful, caring, and kind.

Eventually it was time for her to go to school, and her parents decided on The School for Gifted Unicorns, bearing none other than Princess Celestia's name on it. Twilight was extremely happy to hear this, and was interested in the school even before her parents decided she would go. She studied a lot, but her entrance exam wasn't something she could prepare for. She was tasked with making a Dragon egg hatch using only her magic. Of course she couldn't do it, and on top of that she was able to barely make any magic at all. But the test wasn't designed to actually be passed, and Twilight was supposed to learn a lesson in failure instead. Suddenly and out of nowhere a wave of rainbow lit up the room and gave her a boost to magic power she didn't know she had. She concentrated her magic and actually hatched the egg, even making the dragon age into about an adult in age. But she couldn't control herself afterward and Celestial had to step in to help out. But she had proven herself superbly, and Celestia took Twilight as her star pupil. She earned her Mark and her flank was no longer blank, but that was only the entrance exam, after all. She worked hard in school and was eager to learn from her mentor.

Twilight graduated from school, but all she ever did was read and research. Celestia wanted her to socialize so she sent her to Ponyville, which was hosting the year's Summer Sun Celebation. Maybe it was her plan all along, or maybe it was accidental and she forgot, but this happened to on the day before her sister's 1000 year banishment was to come to an end. Most likely this was on purpose. Being as studious as she was and keeping track of legends, Twilight knew what day it was. She was supposed to make friends and oversee the celebration, but she only did the latter. She met her soon to be friends, but she was concentrating on the legend and pushed them away. They were trying to be nice to her and befriend her. But she was focused more on the legend. At the main part of the celebration Celestia was supposed to come out, but instead Nightmare Moon appeared. Nopony expected this except Twilight, who had also researched how to stop her.

With no time to lose before Nightmare Moon exacted her plan for eternal night, Twilight beat hoof to the Golden Oaks Library for research on the Elements of Harmony. The five ponies who she previously brushed off understood what she was up to and followed her to the library. She was going to leave for the Castle of the Two Sisters to fight Nightmare Moon herself, but the five wouldn't have that. The only way she would leave is with them. The six were tested by the forest, or maybe it was Nightmare Moon trying to make delay them, and through the trials she started to learn more about their main qualities. The five were nice to others, honest, fun, giving, and loyal to her and each other. At the castle they met Nightmare Moon and at their lowest point Twilight understood true friendship. Each of the five represented one of the Elements of Harmony, and she represented the final Element of Magic. With the Elements of Harmony Nightmare Moon was defeated and turned back into Princes Luna. Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy and Twilight are victorious. Her soul purified, she laments and her sister welcomes her back with open hooves. Each week or so after that a new lesson in friendship was learned by Twilight and her friends. With her friends she learned from rivals and overcame threats to the town.

That wasn't even the worst of it in this time period. The mischievous and pretty much all-powerful draconequus spirit of chaos Discord was released from his stone prison. Celestia gave Twilight and her friends the mission to defeat Discord with the Elements, but their jewelry was nowhere to be found. Discord wanted to play a game with the group while he continued to turn Equestria on it's side. In a maze he created out of the Canterlot Castle maze, Discord first took away their wings and/or horns, turning them into Earth Ponies. Then he separated them from each other and used his magic to change their very nature to the opposite of the Element they represent. Focused on the mission, Twilight was unaware until it was too late. Rainbow broke a rule of the game after getting her wings back and flew out of the maze, but the Elements weren't even in the maze to begin with. It was all part of the game, and Discord held all the cards. Twilight solved the initial riddle he gave her and retrieved the Elements, only for them to not work because her friends had their natures reversed. By that time they'd already been having small squabbles as well, and Twilight had been shown them deciding not to be friends out of context, so when it happened she lost all hope and Discord cast the same kind of spell on her. No longer able to keep the others together or even be with them, she fell into a state of extreme depression and self doubt. She was about to send a letter to her mentor that she had failed, when not only did that letter come back but all the others since the Nightmare Moon incident did too. Celestia had somehow sensed that Twilight needed inspiration. Spike was really sick as all the letters were coming back all at once. Inspired to not give up, she broke Discord's magic on her and did the same for her friends once she found them. Together they channeled the power of the Elements of Harmony to turn Discord back to stone, undoing the chaos he had caused.

For a time, Twilight and her friends learn more about friendship together. One day Twilight received a letter. She and her friends were invited to a wedding of her brother and a mare who's name Twilight doesn't recognize called Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. She hadn't seen her brother for a long time and was surprised, even more so that he was marrying somepony she hadn't heard of. When they arrived in Canterlot for the wedding, they were told about the changelings and the potential for attack on the castle. Her brother was the one protecting the entire city with a shielding spell. Shining Armor then explained to his sister that "Princess Mi Amore Cadenza" was actually Cadence. Twilight recalled her fond memories of being foal-sat by Cadence, but the Cadence she met afterward was not the one she remembered. She concluded that something was wrong there, and her suspicions end up confirmed further as the day continues. At the practice ceremony she confronted Cadence about her behavior, but to no avail as everypony abandoned her and left her alone to consider that maybe she's wrong. Cadence came back and Twilight's suspicions were confirmed as Cadence imprisoned her to the crystal caves below the castle. Angry at her situation she blasted the crystals revealing another Cadence, extremely disheveled and sad. She'd been in the caves the whole time, distraught at not getting to marry Shining Armor. The two reconciled as Twilight understood this is the real one and the one in the castle was some kind of impostor. The two worked on breaking out of the caves and managed to arrive just in time to stop the ceremony. The impostor's plan ruined, she revealed herself as Crysalis, Queen of the changelings. Crysalis took the last of Shining's energy and the shield broke, allowing her army to attack. At this point she was strong enough to even defeat Celestia. Twilight and her friends raced to retrieve the Elements of Harmony, but although they managed to fight off many changelings they were unable to make it to where the Elements are kept. Just as all hope was lost, Shining and Cadence managed to touch horns, proving that the magic of their love was stronger than the changeling Queen. She and her army were repulsed and the wedding went on as planned, but this time with the real Cadence.

Some time later Twilight and her friends were summoned to the mysterious Crystal Empire which had reappeared. This was apparently where Shining Armor and Cadence went after their wedding. The Empire was under threat from King Sombra who sought to retake it. Cadence had been protecting the Empire, but her magic was weakening. Twilight and her friends were tasked with finding the original source of the Empire's power that defeated Sombra before Cadence's magic waned. After many attempts to bring the Crystal Ponies back to their original state, they found out that the Crystal Heart was actually a real artifact and not a metaphor. Twilight went with Spike to retrieve it from where Sombra had hidden it and passed all the trials to get it, even resorting to using Dark Magic to continue at one point. As they reached the location of the Heart, she was stopped in her tracks and was unable to continue. It was up to Spike to save the day. Sombra was defeated as the Crystal Ponies remembered the Crystal Heart, rekindling it.

With the Crystal Empire saved, Twilight and her friends returned home to Ponyville and learned more about the magic of friendship. One such important lesson actually wasn't learned by Twilight and her friends, but by Discord. Celestia tasked them to attempt to reform the mischievous spirit of disharmony. Eventually Discord had clearly gone back to his old ways and had been trying to trick them the whole time into not using the Elements on him. At any moment they could use the Elements to turn him back to stone, but at their lowest point Fluttershy ended up being the one to actually get through to him. Discord seemed to learn that having friends was a good thing and claimed to be eager to be good. Twilight and her friends weren't completely sure.

More lessons follow, until one day when Twilight receives what was to be her biggest test at the time: An unfinished spell by her idol, Starswirl the Bearded. Not having any idea what it does and not knowing it would simply activate when read, she ends up accidentally casting it and changes the special talents of all her five friends. Special talents define what ponies do with their lives most of the time, so her friends end up thrust into roles they weren't meant for. Their Cutie Marks switched around, forcing them into performing the wrong things. Even with their Marks making them do these roles, they're not automatically skilled in what's represented on their flanks. The town was pretty much thrown into chaos, as if Discord himself was there. But he wasn't. Sweet Apple Acres was in danger of closing, the animals wouldn't eat, the townsponies were rebelling, the Carousel Boutique was making no money, and while the sky looked pretty it was completely impractical.

Twilight was the only one who had the knowledge to help everypony. She learned a memory recall spell that would remind her friends of what they were meant to do if they tried, and their Cutie Marks returned to their rightful owners. The town was saved and Twilight had a stroke of inspiration to finish Starswirl's spell. She casted the new section and was transported to some place else. It wasn't the world she knew. Celestia was there and congratulated Twilight, that she had finished her studies by creating a new spell. She was then sent back home, but something was different. She felt taller and had new appendages on her back: wings. She had been transformed into an Alicorn Princess as a reward for her hard work. She had her grand coronation in Canterlot, and her new task was to learn what it really meant to be a Princess.

Some time passes and Twilight has learning about herself. She gets better at flying. Not all at once, but she's getting there. While still learning about herself, another catastrophe appears from the Everfree Forest. Strange vines erupt out of the ground, kidnapping the royal sisters. Twilight is the only Princess left in Equestria and is consequently left in charge. As the situation with the vines gets progressively worse and worse, Zecora offers her a potion that could only be completed with Alicorn magic. This is actually Dark Magic, but it works and the potion turns white, which is in the state where it's supposed to be consumed. Although initially thinking it's not a vision and she's been transported to a battle with a returned Nightmare Moon, she soon realized that it was actually the past when Celestia had to seal her sister away. The second time she uses the potion she sees how Discord was defeated by the royal sisters. As that sequence ends the potion shows her an even earlier vision, when Celestia and Luna first found the Elements at the Tree of Harmony. Concluding that the tree could be in peril in the present, Twilight decided that it must be saved to save Equestra from the vines. But her friends said that she should stay behind, because if something happened to Twilight there's nopony else to look to for leadership. Back at Ponyville Discord gets to Twilight and accuses her of being scared while her friends do all the work, and she heads back to join them again. Back in the forest her friends come to the similar conclusion that sending Twilight back was a bad idea and after getting lost in the forest, they were finally reunited near the chasm where the vines were originating from. To save Equestria they gave the Elements back to the tree, and all the vines disappeared as the tree's magic was restored. The royal sisters were saved and a mysterious box with six keyholes was revealed. Not knowing what to do with it at this time, Twilight and her friends returned to Ponyville. On the way Discord explained that the appearance of the vines was his fault in the first place, and that they would have sprouted millennia ago if not for the tree, which just now had gotten weak enough that the vines were able to sprout. Twilight and her friends got angry at Discord for withholding this information, but he claimed he did it to not rob her of experiences as a Princess.

Over time Twilight became more comfortable wither role as a Princess. She learned to fly much better and got used to all the extra attention that came with being in the public eye. More or less. At pretty much the same time Twlight's friends were tested in representing their Elements and given mementos. Eventually she started to wonder what her purpose in being a Princess really was. Was she meant to just nod, wave, and smile? There had to be something more to it than that. The other Princesses assure her it's fine and she should be patient. All will be revealed in due time. Celestia then had a vision of a new threat to Equestira. 'Lord' Tirek had escaped his confinement in Tartarus and was out to absorb the magic of the populace. Celestia believes Discord to be strong enough to oppose Tirek, but instead he was convinced to join forces with the centaur by a promise of being allowed to return to his old ways. The two go out to drain the populace of their racial special powers: Unicorn magic, Pegasus flight, and Earth power.

Worried that he'll soon come for their magic, the other three Alicorns decide to transfer their magic to Twilight because Tirek had no idea about her. The four of them resigned that the magic would be well hidden, and Twilight returned home to Ponyville. Twilight had trouble dealing with all that magic in her and had some mishaps, along with struggling with the day/night cycle. Finding the other three Alicorns without magic for him to absorb and banishing them, Tirek saw on a stained glass window that there was a forth Princess. Discord offered up her location, captured Twilgiht's friends who got drained of their racial abilities as well, and was subsequently betrayed by Tirek who found him no longer of any use. He went off to find Twilight, discovering her practicing at the Castle of the Two Sisters where she wouldn't hurt anyone if she messed up. Tirek demanded her magic, attacking and chasing her as she tried to escape. The Library was severely damaged in the process, and she finally showed her power in anger. An epic clash ensued between them, severely damaging the battlefield, but they were evenly matched. Tirek offered her a trade: The Alicorn magic for her friends. Seeing the value of her friends more than the magic, she gave it to him. As Tirek basked in his triumph, free to rule without opposition, Discord apologized to the six and offered Scorpan's medallion as real symbol of his friendship. Twilight and her friends raced off to the Tree, believing they had a way to save Equestria before too much damage was done. The medallion turned out to be the last item needed to open the chest at the Tree of Harmony, as all six items turned into keys. The box opened to grant them Rainbow Power, which even Tirek with all the magic he absorbed was no match for. The problems Tirek caused to the world were undone, the other Princesses returned from Tartarus, and Tirek was imprisoned in Tartarus again in their place. But the chest wasn't done. At this point it sunk into the ground in Ponyville and created the Friendship Rainbow Kingdom Castle.

Initially Twilight had no idea who's castle it was or what it was for. Celestia explained that it was hers, and that she finally had a purpose. She would be the Princess of Friendship, accompanied by her friends and Spike in their own thrones. At this point Discord was fully reformed and gave Celestia a bouquet of flowers.

Cutie Mark: One large pink-purple star surrounded by six smaller white stars, with one of them behind the pink-purple star.

img-3663161-1-96aaf07782ab17c046d0a44ec0

Edited by bronislav84

(edited)

@@bronislav84,

Looks good so far, but I wanna see if you can be as accurate with Twilight as possible without injecting Lektra's personality into her.

I know you wanna use Lektra, but the answer is no.

Don't try disguising Lektra as Twilight, either.

Edited by Hypn0ticD

Don't worry I get that. I wanna be as accurate as possible with her too. I feel I'd be doing the character a disservice if I wasn't. I'll be having Twi's form open in edit mode for a while, filling it in with stuff and saving in pieces. I'll let you know when I feel it's ready. :)

Edited by bronislav84