Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Do You Use MLP Forums?

fabrarity

I certainly don't use it for debates or for giving my two cents, since the admins and mods are so adamant about censoring opinions they don't like.

This is something I must correct you on. Admins and Mods are not bashing down opinions, they are locking threads that hold any form of offensive or discriminatory material whether started by the thread creator or by a post in the thread. Admins and Mods do not have any bias upon opinions. Even if they did, they wouldn't be able to do anything if a post or thread has done nothing to insult the site users. IDK why you would think it has any weight on opinions but it maybe a misunderstanding to why a thread is taken down. If this is the case, it's not because of opinion based bias.

This is something I must correct you on. Admins and Mods are not bashing down opinions, they are locking threads that hold any form of offensive or discriminatory material whether started by the thread creator or by a post in the thread. Admins and Mods do not have any bias upon opinions. Even if they did, they wouldn't be able to do anything if a post or thread has done nothing to insult the site users. IDK why you would think it has any weight on opinions but it maybe a misunderstanding to why a thread is taken down. If this is the case, it's not because of opinion based bias.

Well, to them that may be the case, but to others it may come off as bias. Make no mistake, I have been co-Admin on a forum myself once, I know how stressful and difficult it is. But I never abused my power.

Edited by HopeTheWanderer
  • Brohoof 1

Well, to them that may be the case, but to others it may come off as bias.

I assure you the staff here do not wish to be seen as unapproachable or biased. I've seen a good number of debates taken down, but it was on the bases of flamewars over poster opinions getting too heated. They only lock a debate if things go too far where opinions are being pushed or if the content becomes discriminating/offensive.

I'm here for four reasons:

1. People that are not completely idiotic conservatives? Count me in!

2. This is a great community. It's got great people.

3. I'm a brony.

4. I have a great and loving boyfriend on here.

All the reasons I'm here. <3

And for that I respect them, but wishes do not always justify actions.

I'm sorry if this is because of previous experiences but I cannot think of any way more to convince you to give them a chance with this. If I must make a suggestion, I would ask of you to talk to the staff here yourself. See for yourself to whom they are. I know I cannot speak for admin/mod actions, but I can allow them to defend their own actions. I promise you that not all forum staff are as conceded as you may think. This site's staff are by far some of the most down to earth and understanding that I've ever come across in my time on the internet.

Edited by Vemillia Nightshade

I'm sorry if this is because of previous experiences but I cannot think of any way more to convince you to give them a chance with this. If I must make a suggestion, I would ask of you to talk to the staff here yourself. See for yourself to whom they are. I know I cannot speak for admin/mod actions, but I can allow them to defend their own actions. I promise you that not all forum staff are as conceded as you may think. This site's staff are by far some of the most down to earth and understanding that I've ever come across in my time on the internet.

I am all for giving them chances. But that does not make them immune to criticism.

I am all for giving them chances. But that does not make them immune to criticism.

Agreeable, I just cannot let unjust criticisms on groundless accusations pass. It's perfectly fine that you may see their actions as biased, but such accusations can be dangerous, no matter if it's a basic user or staff. I guess this is more a friendly warning, than anything.

Anyway, I do not wish to drag this out any longer than it needs to be. This is a positive thread and I don't want to end up changing the nature of the thread over a argument. Let's stand on the grounds of agreeing to disagree. I wish you a good day, friend. 

Edited by Vemillia Nightshade

Agreeable, I just cannot let unjust criticisms on groundless accusations pass. It's perfectly fine that you may see their actions as biased, but such accusations can be dangerous, no matter if it's a basic user or staff. I guess this is more a friendly warning, than anything.

Anyway, I do not wish to drag this out any longer than it needs to be. This is a positive thread and I don't want to end up changing the nature of the thread over a argument. Let's stand on the grounds of agreeing to disagree. I wish you a good day, friend. 

If they want to kick me from the board, that is their decision, I have no say in it, nor will I stop them.

I do bend to authority, but only true authority, as I believe I have told them.

• Brohoof 1

This is the first ever forum I have ever joined, and possibly the most fun. MLPForums is a good way to express my love for MLP without getting crazy looks. Haha Everyone I've told that I watched MLP never judged me, but i'm afraid there will be that ONE person, and there are some things I rather keep to myself.

• Brohoof 3

Mostly to express myself, share my interests and experiences, etc.

Plus out of any other website I've visited, this one seems to be the most friendly and accepting, so I feel most comfortable hanging around here. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

To talk with other people, post art and share my favourite things. It's also a place where I can talk about a lot of things without getting a snarky reply or whatever. And at this point, MLP Forums is for me the only place on the Internet that is worth visiting regularly. The community is very nice and accepting which helps me keep me happy.

• Brohoof 1

For me it's about open hone friends who share the same odd interest in ponies. This site immediately made me feel welcome and at home. That's why I come back, for the comradary.

Thank you so so much everypony.

mlpforums ponies are best ponies.

Edited by spade