Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Do You Use MLP Forums?

fabrarity

I like the discussions we get up to here, and it's a considerably more friendly and relaxed atmosphere then most other forums I've used in the past. Everyone has a voice and it's not just one person trying to convince how their opinion is somehow more valuable then everyone else's. It's just a casual social forum where you can meet and greet with like minded people and share interests. There's a really strong creativity section too! I've loved all the creative talent this forum has shown, be it art, fanfics, or animation. :)

1) I'm not a brony/clopper.

2) I saw only a couple of episodes to realize this isn't my cup of milk at all!

3) I don't like the show, if honest.

4) I find mentioning MLP or seeing it's fanart more & more annoying.

5) I think the forum layout is yucky/harsh on the eyes.

6) Most of posts/threads here are boring / not interesting for me unless they have nothing to do with the show.

7) I'm not a troll, even though it might sometimes appears as such.

8) I'm straight.

Why do I use MLP forums anyway is beyond my understanding.

it's a considerably more friendly and relaxed atmosphere then most other forums I've used in the past. Everyone has a voice and it's not just one person trying to convince how their opinion is somehow more valuable then everyone else.

I agree 100% Even topics that usually cause tention like religion and politics are somehow very polite and understanding here.

By far the most egalitarian social group I've ever been a part of

• Brohoof 1

I personally don't use them as much as I should other then for my shop, and communicating with some friends now and then and advertising my show. But this was my first outlet into the pony fandom/community and for that I continue to be a loyal member here ^^

I use MLP forums because this is honestly the friendliest place I ever found. The majority here are so nice and welcoming and are a great inspiration to me. I came here to this site so I can talk about various topics and to meet new friends. I am very shy in real life, so to be able to meet such wonderful people here makes me so happy and hopeful. :kindness:

• Brohoof 4

I use these forums because it is the only community where I have ever felt like I have truly mattered, where I feel important to any extent at all. I also many friends here, more than I could ever hope to have anywhere else, especially offline so I use it communicate with them as well. Lastly, I use it to gush over MLP too. :yay:

• Brohoof 3

I use MLP Forums as a place to enjoy myself and be who I am with others and I actually am accepted. This is the only place where I made a lot of friends and met a lot of great people. It's friendly and it's nice and relaxing for me to be around here. It's also enjoyable to know that I actually matter somewhere.  :D

• Brohoof 1

Mostly for socialization, and also a place where I can give early updates on MLP music, photography, and videography projects I am working on to contribute even more to the Brony community. :)

I really enjoy the very friendly community here as well. :D

Edited by Jonny Music

Honestly it's because of the people. Back in 2012 I joined here and graduated high school in 2011. I used facebook while I was in high school to talk to all my old friends in HS and etc. and things were a lot more social back then for me. After I graduated all my old friends went and did their own things and since then I haven't had much luck in keeping in touch with them. I pretty much abandoned my facebook after I joined this site and in the time I have been here have met some really kind people here. So this place for me is my social outlet when I want to talk with others that share similar interests that I have.

I don't have many local friends/people to talk to anymore so this place is really like a safe haven to me. It's grown very attached to me in the past 3 years.

• Brohoof 3

I used to spend my time in other communities, but everybody moved on. I don't usually say a lot so things got pretty quiet. It turns out that some of them moved on to here, and it seems like a very friendly and open and lively community!

Basically everything. It's my free time tool, where I come to ask my friends about big questions, a better social site than facebook or whatever, help for big projects and ideas, and where I can express my passions freely and actually have a conversation about them!

(I'm fairly shameless with what I like but it's nice to be able to have a dialogue about the show and other subjects.)

• Brohoof 2

i mainly try to use the forums to express my opinions about certain topics, and i am also trying to make some friends here!

i am not the biggest debater or anything like that, so that is pretty much it, i guess.

• Brohoof 1

For the RP section mostly. Once Pony Roleplay goes up and RP moves there I will probably be here a lot less and just order Commissions.

Or maybe not. It's kind of nice to talk pony and not be judged.

Edited by bronislav84

Where do I even start... Well, I guess from the beginning...

I became a brony in late December of 2013.  From then, and through the first 6 months of 2014, I told nobody.  My reason for being so back then, well, is the same reason I'm still "a closet brony" irl.  Coming from a country town, and quite a conservative community at that, people can be very judgmental.  In those 6 months of secrecy, I was starting to get tired of having nobody to talk to about it.  I searched google for a forum about MLP, and found MLPForums.  Instantly joined, and hit the ground running, as I'd already seen the seasons through and through like 4 times by then.  So, that's what brought me here.

Why did I stay?

I've always been a very, very habitual person.  I get attached to my own routines.  Not that I can't gain new routines, but rather, if I do, I don't get rid of the old ones.  So, as I began to realize what MLPForums could offer me, I'm a hard-wired member; I'm here to stay.

Why am I here now, still, using the forums (every day)?

First of all, MLPForums is, hands-down no-doubt, the best MLP related forum there is, at least in my mind.  Not only is it visually appealing, but it's well organized, the Staff are dedicated and respectful, and like others have stated, this place is a community.  A damn good one.  Sure a few odd mishaps and quarrels might happen from time to time, but that's inevitable anywhere.  Overall, MLPForums is a loving, respectful community.

Secondly, this is where I met .  I joined June 21, 2014, and in less than a week, in a thread about music I met him.  Added him as a friend, and we were sending PMs back and forth for a while becoming great friends.  Then we added each other on Skype.  We were already great friends, and were still becoming closer.  The subtle flirt here and there was becoming less subtle, and soon we realized.  We both knew for a while, without saying anything.  Then one night I couldn't hold it in any longer.

We've now been together for almost 7 months   :kindness: ...

So, that's why I use MLPForums.

Furthermore, it brought joy to my life at a perfect time.  The fall of 2013 was not a good time for me.  It was my first semester of freshman year in college.  Moving away from home to live on campus... was the hardest thing I'd ever done.  My homesickness came as soon as I was moved in.  It grew slowly through the months.  It didn't help that my roommate at the time was never there.  I was all alone in my dorm most of the time, and although I am introverted and I like being alone more than not, being alone too much isn't good.  I didn't try to make any new friends besides maybe 1 or 2, and I barely did anything with them.  Classes were basically the only thing that got me out of my room.  By October, I was to the point where I had gathered some of my favorite childhood Halloween movies, (Casper, Hocus Pocus, Halloweentown, to name a few), and was watching them alone in my dorm.  You can bet your bottom I was crying; the nostalgia was a way to feel home away from home.  Thanksgiving break just made it worse because it was short, and so when I left to go back to college after break, it felt like a taunt.  By mid-December, the sadness had transitioned into something else.  I was starting to feel numb.  Not physically of course, but mentally and emotionally.  I had nothing to bring me out of it, and so it was worsening.  

But then, in late December, an opportunity came to me.  Save for how it happened, I ran into a referencing of MLP.  I was intrigued, or rather, curious. 

After a bit of pondering, I shrugged and told myself I had nothing to lose.  So, I watched the pilot episodes of MLP.

The rest... is history.  I was hooked! 

---

Oh, leave it to Miles to tell the second half of a story, then go back and tell the first half.   ;) 

~ Miles

• Brohoof 3

To speak with the more active fans of "my little pony :friendship is magic". I don't meet many bronies IRL, and it's sometimes nice to talk to someone from halfway around the world who also likes what you like and something else . I'm enjoy speaking with the members of this forum, hearing what they have to say their opinions, and, thoughts, ideas. It's so welcoming to get engaged with the people here.

You guys are a blast!

• Brohoof 2

Oh a good question, I am here because its fun! Kinda simple but I am just here to observe people in this fandom, pop in and out of posts like this one that peek my interest, and read peoples opinions on things.

• Brohoof 2

To talk to other Bronies really. To me, Bronies in real life are rarer than a shiny Pokemon. So coming here and being able to socialize and discuss something I enjoy with others who share the same feelings feels great.

• Brohoof 1

Because this place is too cool for school.  Because this place is rip-rockinest place on the net, where the party never stops.  Because this place makes Las Vegas look like a retirement home.

But seriously, I have no friends irl where I live, and being here makes me feel less lonely than anywhere else.  I get to talk with so many great people.  I always find something here that cheers me up.  And it's a place where I can talk about ponies as much as I want to without bothering anyone.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
I use it because, as introverted as I am, I need to be social somewhere... where better than a friendly community with cute Flutterpony pics everywhere? :yay: