Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zoop

There are times for great walls of text, and there are times for brevity.

Today, at this present moment, it is time for the latter.

img-271221-1-fNkTK.gif

THE MLP FORUMS CHAT ROOM IS HEREBY DEAD AND BURIED

We apologize to those of you that make use of the chat room, however we have come to the ultimate decision that closing it so that we can refocus the collective energy of the MLP Forums staff on the most important aspect of the community - the forum - is, in the long run, in our best interests.

The chat room, while a source of entertainment for some, is completely impractical from a moderation standpoint due to the lack of worthwhile back-end features and controls. Additionally, IP.Chat's glitchy nature has resulted in a great many threads and private messages seeking help and support for issues that are, quite simply, beyond our control.

Our goal from the start has always been to provide the best possible forum for My Little Pony-related discussion. This decision, though it may ultimately prove unpopular, was made in the interest of helping us regain sight of that goal.

• Brohoof 76

Despite the fact I was the chat guy, I'm strangely okay with this.

The chat was, for the most part, just filled with random silliness anyway. Not only that, but there are so many members that live on the chat (the side dish, if you will), but barely give attention to the forum (the main course).

(stares at chat as it sinks into the ocean, wind blows through my hair, sun sets)

• Brohoof 12

(edited)

D: ok ok. I can say I am pretty pissed about this BUT the only thing I wish you would have done differently was TOLD US FIRST! That would have been nice!

Edited by Rick the adventure sphere
  • Brohoof 6

I never really used the chat, but I do understand there were some tight groups formed from it. I'm sorry for their loss.

• Brohoof 4

It is for the best. Chat was beginning to feel cramped and out of control at points. Though I am sad at the loss I won't miss it. I am also ashamed at my poor conduct in the chat room. I was raised better than that. If my family saw my actions in there they would be ashamed. It is also what is best for me now that I think about it. Well, I've said my piece. Farewell chat.

• Brohoof 1

You know, usually i would be ok with what mods would say and agree, but chat is the place i make new friends. This is going to be hard for me to be ok, but im going to have to be ok with it because i have no other option. The people in control have made a decision, as a follower, we must do as asked.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)
I never used it, but this still pains me in a slight manner, like I've lost a friend I haven't talked to for years... Edited by Ezynell
  • Brohoof 5

I spent a lot of time on the chat... But I could see this coming. The only time where you could find people willing to actual have conversations would be like late at night or early in the morning, the rest of the times being filled with tons of spam...

OH WELL

• Brohoof 2

I am sad to hear chat is now dead, I am happy it makes your jobs easier but I am depressed, I don't use the forums often so I doubt many of you will ever see me again. I will be on every day to say Happy Birthday to everypony as normal. Goodbye Chat <3 Goodbye friends ( unless your on skype ;) )

• Brohoof 3