Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just wanted to point out this VERY nice fanfic which serves as an epilogue to the deer arc from the IDW comics:

"A Word With you, My Friend."

It's essentially a bit of a discussion between Princess Celestia and King Aspen directly following the events of the arc. Things do get a bit heated between them as Celestia questions the actions taken by Aspen (such as sending out the flora to invade Ponyville and Canterlot), and how he tries to defend them. I also love how the fic attempt stop explain the oddities of the arc; such as the various OOC moments from the Mane 6. I do recommend y'all give this a read. :)

• 1 month later...

I honestly think King Aspen is an interesting character. Yeah, his choices were questionable, but I am not sure if that qualifies his character as automatically bad.

king_aspen_fan_art_by_mad_maker_cat-dboz

Source: https://mad-maker-cat.deviantart.com/art/King-Aspen-fan-art-707087400

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Yeah I believe I once had a dream where I saw that @PathfinderCS was this exact being in one of his past lives! Apparently I was a tribal worrier in the dream myself and apparently I was in the same tribe as Pathfinder! Plus I remember that the dream took place in a strange equestrian universe where everyone was an anthro of some sort! Though honestly I thought Pathfinder looked absolutely epic in that dream plus he was a real tough hero there to! :)

image.thumb.png.d5feb33c6bc74fa1e7145d6d7c6c3b2a.png 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Since the deer from the IDW comics are being added to the Gameloft mobile game, here is a nice comparison of the deer from the Root of the Problem (and the recent Convocation of Creatures arc) and their versions in the game. I am pleasantly surprised they used the designs from the comics for the non-named deer.

large.png

• Brohoof 1

@PathfinderCS

Won't lie; I never read the comics so I can't really praise any of the IDW comic deer genuinely.

However I heard one of them was trying to find that middle ground between "cutting down a single tree is forbidden" and "We need to do so for a good cause". I like characters who try to find a compromise between the 2 extremes.

Edited by We.
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, We. said:

@PathfinderCS

Won't lie; I never read the comics so I can't really praise any of the IDW comic characters genuinely.

However I heard one of them was trying to find that middle ground between "cutting down a single is forbidden" and "We need to do so for a good cause". I like characters who try to find a compromise between the 2 extremes.

The closest to that description would be Blackthorn; who is the third and fourth picture in the top row. He is the head of the royal guard of Thicket, and really the most level headed of the three named deer. King Aspen was...FAR from competent and little Bramble was fine, but was also a kid, so...yeah.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

All righty; we now have canon deer finally! No offense to my deer bro from Thicket in the IDW comic, but the Gift Givers of the Grove are here. Aurora, Bori, and Alice are all lovely! ^^

1868069__safe_screencap_alice+the+reinde

1848332__safe_artist-colon-tonyfleecs_al

Artist: Tony Fleecs

• Brohoof 3

• The title was changed to Deer/Reindeer Fan Club
16 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

All righty; we now have canon deer finally! No offense to my deer bro from Thicket in the IDW comic, but the Gift Givers of the Grove are here. Aurora, Bori, and Alice are all lovely! ^^

1868069__safe_screencap_alice+the+reinde

1848332__safe_artist-colon-tonyfleecs_al

Artist: Tony Fleecs

I like how the Elder reminisces the gifts of the past, the child can see the gifts of the future, and the young adult lives in the present moment of gift-giving. Much like the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future but with a new twist on it. Wouldn't you agree, @PathfinderCS?

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I like how the Elder reminisces the gifts of the past, the child can see the gifts of the future, and the young adult lives in the present moment of gift-giving. Much like the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future but with a new twist on it. Wouldn't you agree, @PathfinderCS?

I can go with that; yes. Maybe a little "reindeer ex-machina" as Discord puts it, but I like it! A nice little spin for the MLP verse. ^^

• Brohoof 2

• 9 months later...
24 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

oh! there's a deer fanclub? Blackthorn is best deer, that is all, over and out

This is the eternal truth.

1836489.jpeg

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

A little late for this, buuuuut~

image.png

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...