Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite Childhood Video Game?

Jellal Fernandes

Hi all, I was just wondering what video games you all have special memories of. I'd ask you to list the game(s) and why you like them/remember them

Personally, mine are Banjo Kazooie, Super Mario Bros 3, and Viva Pinata.

Banjo Kazooie because it's what made me realize video games are more than just entertainment, they're works of art!

Super Mario Bros 3 because my dad and I used to play it together.

Viva Pinata because it was so nice, cheery and relaxing, and my friends and I would always share tips with each other, which got us bonding.

Halo 2 was my childhood game I guess, although I never played it. I just watched my cousin playing it when I was young and LOVED it. It's why the instant I got an xbox I was playing halo 3  :D

I remember many games from my childhood and it's the reason I aspire to be a video game designer myself. Banjo-Kazooie (SHUT UP BIRD! XD) Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (With Captain Hunk Gordon :wub:. I still love my boyfriend. But Captain Gordon is just sexy, methinks), Super Smash Bros. Melee (Smashing!), Mario Party 7 (UNDERRATED!) Super Mario Advance (Better than the original Super Mario Brothers 2)... A lot of other titles.

Video games are a science, and an art. They are something that requires a lot of work, but are pridening when you develop something wonderful. They are... My life!

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, probably. They are a couple of the first video games I have ever played, and are to this day, still two of my all time favorite games. Moreso than any of the other Zelda games. The music brings back so many memories of wasted hours and late nights under the covers with a flashlight.

Some other ones that are very dear to me, would be Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Incredible games, with an interesting story, fun characters, and again..amazing music.

Alot of sonic games!

And a lot of Zelda.

The game that took most of my time was Wind Waker though. I completed almost everything you possibly could in that game except the figurine gallery. I was working on that then my gamecube quit working. 

Well as a kid I played a lot of mixed genres. I played a lot of Adventure, FPS and some strategy games. 

I remember playing Majora's Mask....had nightmares of that moon. *Shudders.* 

Played a lot of Ratchet and Clank and  some crash bandicoot. 

My dad got a new PC and asked what game should he get and he was recommended Combat Evolved and so I played a lot of that.

I slightly remember playing the first Deus Ex game....boy that was hard...

Edited by ArcusPluviusIncitus

Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt; first game I ever played on console.  Before that, I saw footage from stage 1-2 on a large TV in the electronics section of a store.  I remember getting Mario to a safe spot in 1-1 so I could plop down on the floor and draw him. x )  There was also that brilliant trick with the Zapper that I'm sure no one else ever thought of...  Putting the barrel super close to the screen to shoot those ducks with their tricky evasive patterns.  Stupid laughing mutt.  Whose side are you on?!?

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest.  Earliest game I played with a day / night cycle.  That "What a horrible night to have a curse" thing left quite the impression.  The music changed.  The visuals changed.  Those creepy green bastards went gliding through town, and I couldn't so much as buy a stupid crystal while they were out and about!  I need that crystal to trade for another crystal to trade for another crystal, thank you.

Hmm...that's a tough one.

MediEvil or Spyro the Dragon are the first that spring to mind for me...and the music takes me right back.

Along with that, my older brother used to play Age of Empires, Commandos and Diablo II on the PC - and although I never really sucessfully played them until I was older, they bring back waves of nostaliga

So many omg.

Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly

Starfox Adventures

Smash Bros Melee

Sonic Adventure & 2Battle

Super Mario Sunshine

Luigi's Mansion

Yoshi's Storybook

Pokemon Stadium

The list goes on and on.

Pong-Because it was my First...........^_^

Super Mario Brothers-Because it was my first Friend Game.....8D

Beyond the Beyond-My First RPG/JRPG

All Megaman Games-Because

Xenogears-My First and Favorite RPG of All time

Megaman Legends-Always Fun to Play

FF 7,8,9.10.12,6-It's Classic FF

.......................Toodles

Mario Kart and Mario Party 64, super mario bros 2, Duck Tales, the GB version, and Pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal. There was also this game called paper boy I think? But these were some of the first game I played that I loved.