Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions Animated GIF profile pictures

Scootaloodle
Go to solution Solved by Blue Moon,

Hey, hope I'm posting in the right place.

I'd like to use an animated GIF as my profile pic, I've always wanted to

I found this one....

thumb.gif

Apparently it's the right size, because the site isn't telling me it's too big. But Scootaloo stays frozen once I upload it.

Can I use animated gifs as profile pictures or am I just doing it wrong or something?

cheers

• Brohoof 1

@Scootaloodle,the GIF avatars follow the same behaviour than the normal avatars,which means that 150x150 for normal users,and 150x200 for donors,suscribers...

You MUST resize the GIF to the exact size+weight (100kb max for normal users,or 150kb for donors) before even putting it on MLPForums,or else the Avatar Editor will resize it and only use the first frame of that gif.

An online site that allows you to edit GIfs with relative ease is ezgif.com ,so I would recommend you to use it to edit your GIF according to your necesities.

• Brohoof 2

In order for .GIF files to work properly as an avatar, they must be, at most, 150 x 150 pixels. The .GIF file you're trying to use is 250 x 250 pixels, which is too large.

I went ahead and resized that .GIF file to the proper size; it should work now. Let me know if this helps!

ezgif-2439616449.gif

• Brohoof 6

@Scootaloodle,the GIF avatars follow the same behaviour than the normal avatars,which means that 150x150 for normal users,and 150x200 for donors,suscribers...

You MUST resize the GIF to the exact size+weight (100kb max for normal users,or 150kb for donors) before even putting it on MLPForums,or else the Avatar Editor will resize it and only use the first frame of that gif.

An online site that allows you to edit GIfs with relative ease is ezgif.com ,so I would recommend you to use it to edit your GIF according to your necesities.

In order for .GIF files to work properly as an avatar, they must be, at most, 150 x 150 pixels. The .GIF file you're trying to use is 250 x 250 pixels, which is too large.

I went ahead and resized that .GIF file to the proper size; it should work now. Let me know if this helps!

img-3625516-1-ezgif-2439616449.gif

Thanks for the advice guys :)

• Brohoof 2