Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Equestria Girls 3 plot summary theory

Jeremiah

(edited)

@Roughshod

Remember Crystal Prep is the rich/private school, and they are a rival team to Canterlot so expect some sort of antagonistic vibe from them...

sig-3757548.the-fundamentals-of-competit

Edited by SunsetMaster

I might or might have not planned the entire movie out in my head... :sunny:

1. Human Twilight is the main antagonist, but she's not as evil as she may seem. While researching the magic, she got onto some of the dark magic, and it might of started to drain into her, or she tested it out on herself.

2. One of the other five villains will be voiced by Shannon Chan-Kent, following the trend of singers voicing villains.

3. Pony Twilight will not be in the movie, save for helping out on the side through Sunset's journal because she is afraid of causing a rip in the dimensions by meeting her human counterpart.

• Brohoof 1

I might or might have not planned the entire movie out in my head... :sunny:

1. Human Twilight is the main antagonist, but she's not as evil as she may seem. While researching the magic, she got onto some of the dark magic, and it might of started to drain into her, or she tested it out on herself.

2. One of the other five villains will be voiced by Shannon Chan-Kent, following the trend of singers voicing villains.

3. Pony Twilight will not be in the movie, save for helping out on the side through Sunset's journal because she is afraid of causing a rip in the dimensions by meeting her human counterpart.

Awesome theory you got there, but i think Pony Twilight will be a tritagonist

(the third most important character of a narrative, afterthe protagonist and deuteragonist) our protagonist being Sunset Shimmer and our deuteragonist probably someone else.

• Brohoof 1

That might just be the case. But - 

According to the toys, Pony Twilight isn't even in it! There's no merch out of the whole set for her. :wau:

So she might be in it, but probably not the tritagonist. I really don't know though.

• Brohoof 1

That might just be the case. But - 

According to the toys, Pony Twilight isn't even in it! There's no merch out of the whole set for her. :wau:

So she might be in it, but probably not the tritagonist. I really don't know though.

soild point, well if that is the case we will have to keep on theorizing then....

I think "Sunset Shimmer's time to shine" book has a LOT of spoilers dropped as to what the 3rd movie will be like. It mentioned the friendship Games, new uniforms for the sports teams, and focused heavily on Sunny as a magic investigator, trying to decipher how magic in the human world works, and how best to maximize her friends' "ponying out"

so no doubt human Twilight will steal Sunny's findings and pony out, herself, and become Midnight Sparkle

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think "Sunset Shimmer's time to shine" book has a LOT of spoilers dropped as to what the 3rd movie will be like. It mentioned the friendship Games, new uniforms for the sports teams, and focused heavily on Sunny as a magic investigator, trying to decipher how magic in the human world works, and how best to maximize her friends' "ponying out"

so no doubt human Twilight will steal Sunny's findings and pony out, herself, and become Midnight Sparkle

regarding Sunset Shimmer :

Edited by SunsetMaster

regarding Sunset Shimmer :

As for EQG3 i have found this video regarding Equestria Girls:

I actually saw those videos a while ago (have them on my pony playlist, in fact), but they don't really answer the 3rd's movie's potential plot; just whether or not Sunny is an alicorn, now.

• Brohoof 1

I actually saw those videos a while ago (have them on my pony playlist, in fact), but they don't really answer the 3rd's movie's potential plot; just whether or not Sunny is an alicorn, now.

well... i personally think Sunset Shimmer will stay in the human world, but that is just my personal bias, but i wouldnt mind her to return to Equestria

well... i personally think Sunset Shimmer will stay in the human world, but that is just my personal bias, but i wouldnt mind her to return to Equestria

For the moment, since all signs seem to be pointing to it, at least (in the 2nd movie and the new book canon)- and as  much as it pains me to do so...I have to agree with you. -sigh- But I'm really, really, realllllllyyyyy hoping that won't be the case, and the 3rd movie reveals that she has to go back, and stay in Equestria, once original human/ scientist Twilight comes to the conclusion that there's 2 human Sunny's in 1 world, and pony Sunny has to leave and correct the balance before universal havoc. Because we all know having 2 of the same person in 1 world spells catastrophe. So yeah, I'm really hoping that's how it ends, more or less, and both sides can be happy- the people who want pony Sunny back in Equestria, and the mysteriously missing, thus far human Sunny arriving on the scene, and occupying the human world.

• Brohoof 1

San Diego Comic-Con International is not that far off maybe we will het a teaser trailer or something, you know something a little grounded to work theorize form...

conspiracy-theory-meme-300x300.jpg

For the moment, since all signs seem to be pointing to it, at least (in the 2nd movie and the new book canon)- and as  much as it pains me to do so...I have to agree with you. -sigh- But I'm really, really, realllllllyyyyy hoping that won't be the case, and the 3rd movie reveals that she has to go back, and stay in Equestria, once original human/ scientist Twilight comes to the conclusion that there's 2 human Sunny's in 1 world, and pony Sunny has to leave and correct the balance before universal havoc. Because we all know having 2 of the same person in 1 world spells catastrophe. So yeah, I'm really hoping that's how it ends, more or less, and both sides can be happy- the people who want pony Sunny back in Equestria, and the mysteriously missing, thus far human Sunny arriving on the scene, and occupying the human world.

we have no indication IF there is a human Sunset Shimmer (at least Pinkie foreshadowed it) but we have been given no insentive if there is a human Sunset... but if the same rules apply there could be a human Sunset we don't know about.....

c55.jpg

As for EQG3 i have found this video regarding Equestria Girls:

So... if you look closely at Sunset Shimmer (yet to canon) music video, you will see a dark comet of sorts...  I wonder.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wouldn't put any interest in the Friendship Games. Like the Princess of the Fall Formal and Battle of the Bands, it'll fall to the wayside and be irrelevant by the end.

Though I do expect Trixie to come back and call out anyone using magic.

Celestia and Luna step up to ban the use of magic, not likely. Though I would like to see Celestia flip her desk at the end of the movie after the Friendship Games is a complete bust.

For once have the group talk about boys beside Flash Sentry or girls. At least lay some foundation of their tastes.

Edited by Singe

(edited)

I've now come up with a excellent idea for a Pony plot in Friendship Games: OK you guys let's get to the part I mean the Pony part shall we? It's all based on "Eiga Kaibutsu-kun" The pony part begins with an another ceremony to crown Twilight Sparkle once again, BUT this time, as The Princess of Ponyville. A few citizens of Ponyville begin to question Twilight's validity as the Princess of Ponyville, such as her rationality. And much to Celestia’s chagrin, it’s all true. Twilight Sparkle then loses it and storms off after yelling at the crowd by running away to the Human world along with Spike the Dragon friend here. It would be nice if they add Discord to the plot that would be cool. And plus, I think it's time for Twilight to have her guards and servants by now. BLAM! Looks like we've got a Great Pony part plot! Let's all hope the "Human" word will be used in the third movie this time!

Edited by MAIKUN
  • Brohoof 1

Concerning Crystal Prep Academy, I've seen some art floating around centered around some of the students, does anyone know where this is confirmed? :blink:

The pony part begins with an another ceremony to crown Twilight Sparkle once again, BUT this time, as The Princess of Ponyville.

Unnecessary. Twilight has already received recognition as a Princess of Friendship who resides in the town where she discovered that magical virtue. Furthermore, Princess Celestia and Luna are recognized as the primary sovereigns of all of Equestria, Ponyvillle included. Unlike the Crystal Empire which is a distinct state with its own culture and history Ponyville is a small town with no need for it's own nationhood.

A few citizens of Ponyville begin to question Twilight's validity as the Princess of Ponyville, such as her rationality.

The one quality that Twilight's character espouses more than any other is not going to be questioned by the largely docile and irrelevant denizens of Ponyville. Being a Princess and not an elected official it makes no sense why that would even come up, especially give the numerous times she has fought for their safety and well being

And much to Celestia’s chagrin, it’s all true. Twilight Sparkle then loses it and storms off after yelling at the crowd by running away to the Human world along with Spike the Dragon friend here.

Okay, Celestia has had little to no purpose in the EqG films except as a plot device and the one time she actually had any doubts about Twilight's judgement(Canterlot Wedding) she eventually admitted to being wrong. Other than that Twilight has been the one to save Celestia's flank when things got rough.

Twilight Sparkle running off in a tantrum to the human world? I think her character has matured somewhat since Lesson Zero. She knows the precarious nature of portal travel and wouldn't be so frivolous as to just jump over to the human world to blow off steam. Honestly it's just a weak basis for a plot anyway.

It would be nice if they add Discord to the plot that would be cool.

Not likely to happen. The only way I can see John de Lancie appearing in a movie is in the feature film that's in the works and even then it's improbable

And plus, I think it's time for Twilight to have her guards and servants by now. BLAM! Looks like we've got a Great Pony part plot! Let's all hope the "Human" word will be used in the third movie this time!

Twilight isn't really that type of Princess, at least not yet. But I agree at least that could be interesting to see how she deals with all of that. It could even be a plot for an episode.

But besides that there's no way this stuff is going to happen. RR only showed the Pony world for less than ten minutes and if there's anything of a pattern occurring here that time will probably be cut even shorter in the next one.

• 2 weeks later...

the confirmed pieces of information we have about the movie thus far are:

1: the third movie's focus will be the "Friendship Games".

2: these games are between Canterlot High School, and a new school called Crystal Prep, and pit the Wonder Colts against the Shadow Bolts.

3: some of these Friendship Game events will involve motocross sports and archery, from what we can deduce from the dolls in the toyline

4: Human/ scientist Twilight will be involved, and somehow transform into Midnight Sparkle (likely the main villain this time around)

5: Sunset Shimmer will again be present in the third movie

6: a new kind of power (already revealed in "Sunset Shimmer's Time to Shine" book) will be utilized, with Sunny and the mane 5, to replace the power generated by the mane 6 and Twilight.

So here's my theory based off of these facts thus far. Likely, in continuing chapter book canon, from "Sunset Shimmer's Time to shine" (which throws clues toward the upcoming Friendship Games movie), the Friendship Games movie will show Sunny continuing her work as a Magic investigator. Human Twilight comes into contact with her, maybe bumping into her so that Sunny drops all her papers on her research on magic in the human world- Sunny maybe thinking that human Twilight is Twilight From Equestria, at first. Human Twilight helps Sunny pick up her scattered research papers, steals one and later uses and deciphers it, to harness the magic in the human world, and accidentally turn herself into Midnight Sparkle, by the end of the movie. All this being secondary plot, While the Friendship Games take center focus as the main plot, so while everyone's competing, no one really knows what'll be going on while human Twilight researches the strange magic surrounding CHS, on her own time. Sunny will discover how to utilize the new power through her and the mane 6, rally them, beat down transformed human Twilight, change her back to her normal self, and maybe Sunny will discover that she needs to go back to Equestria and make peace with Celestia, taking the magic that pony Twilight brought over, with her.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

1. Human Twilight gets indirect contact to the main villian and his or her magic will create an evil clone of Human Twilight thus creating Midnight Sparkle as an individual entity or the second reason. 2. Human Twi will be like an Ultron situation and use some sort of magic to accidently create Midnight or she herself will become Midnght Sparkle

I'm going to go with option #2. I predict that Human Twilight will be corrupted by magic in a way similar to how Sunset Shimmer was in EqG due to her lack of experince and/or methods of studying and acquiring the magic involved with the others during the Friendship Games.

I'm betting either Sour Sweet or Sugar Coat.

I wouldn't put any interest in the Friendship Games. Like the Princess of the Fall Formal and Battle of the Bands, it'll fall to the wayside and be irrelevant by the end.

Of course it's just going to be a plot device to establish the setting like the last two films' events were. That being said the battle of the bands was definitely a step up from the fall formal so it could still be cool. We'll see.

@@Nightmare Muffin, I've also read "Sunset Shimmer's Time to shine" as well as seen the previous two films and there's a few things you brought up that I wanted to take up further.

Likely, in continuing chapter book canon, from "Sunset Shimmer's Time to shine" (which throws clues toward the upcoming Friendship Games movie), the Friendship Games movie will show Sunny continuing her work as a Magic investigator.

Unlikely. The whole conflict of the book was based around the havoc caused by Sunset Shimmer's attempt to investigate magic with the result of nearly ruining the fundraiser the Remane 6 had planned in the first place. Rainbow Dash's hampered performance, Applejack's burnt donuts, Rarity's ruined fashion image, Fluttershy's rescue shelter animals nearly escaping and the chaos at Pinkie Pie's decorations were all the result of Sunset's attempts to quantify the magic of friendship. She of course realizes this and comes to the decision that it's not as important as simply embracing the bond she has with her friends and being grateful for it. There is a tease at the end suggesting she's still curious about the idea but I consider this as more of a joke than a serious indication that she's going to continue. Rather it's more likely that this was all a foreshadowing of how Human Twilight will try to deal with the magic of the Remane 6 and how her efforts will also lead to unexpected consequences (i.e. Midnight Sparkle).

Human Twilight comes into contact with her, maybe bumping into her so that Sunny drops all her papers on her research on magic in the human world- Sunny maybe thinking that human Twilight is Twilight From Equestria, at first. Human Twilight helps Sunny pick up her scattered research papers, steals one and later uses and deciphers it, to harness the magic in the human world, and accidentally turn herself into Midnight Sparkle, by the end of the movie

Yes, Human Twilight will definitely come into contact with Sunset and the others. However as I stated earlier I really doubt that Sunset is going to continue with that research after learning her lesson already.

I also doubt Sunset would confuse Human Twilight for Pony Twilight like that, she's not that stupid. Plus, she's in regular contact with her through the journal so it would be odd for her to suddenly appear in the human world without saying anything in advance. It wouldn't take long for Sunset to figure out that this Twilight wasn't the one she knew since the human Twilight wouldn't even recognize Sunset(the Sunset from Equestria anyway).

I also don't think any version of Twilight Sparkle is a thief, even with the competition in the Friendship Games as a factor. Remember that all the alternate versions of the characters still have the same basic personalities and traits. I could possibly see Human Twilight getting her hands on Sunset's Journal and seeing the back and forth between her and Princess Twilight. That would be intriguing.

And how exactly would she use the research papers to turn herself into Midnight Sparkle? With Sunset she had an EoH and knowledge of Magic from Equestria. But with this Twilight she has absolutely no experience with Magic and being of a scientific outlook probably doubts its existence to begin with. Them again everybody else at CHS seems to just go with it so who there's no way to be sure what she'll think.

All this being secondary plot, While the Friendship Games take center focus as the main plot, so while everyone's competing, no one really knows what'll be going on while human Twilight researches the strange magic surrounding CHS, on her own time.

The events that have gone on during the past two films have never been the main plot, they were only a backdrop for the main conflict between Twilight and the antagonists. Furthermore, to suggest that no one will know what's going on while Twilight researches magic(sounds very exciting by the way >_>) is ludicrous. The whole point of RR was to show that friends should be open with each other, so they'd obviously notice if some version of their best friend was stalking around and doing research on them. Any such research will be done during the games as this will likely be when the Remane 6 will most fully utilize their magic and pony up just like when they played music in RR.

Sunny will discover how to utilize the new power through her and the mane 6, rally them, beat down transformed human Twilight, change her back to her normal self,

The Remane 6 will definitely defeat Midnight Sparkle and save the day... that's a given. What will happen to Human Twilight after that however is less certain and open to speculation. I might add some theories I have on this at a later time.

maybe Sunny will discover that she needs to go back to Equestria and make peace with Celestia, taking the magic that pony Twilight brought over, with her.

The possibility of Sunset Shimmer returning to Equestria is considerable though the idea of making peace with Celestia doesn't seem like a major issue to me since Celestia herself has never been shown to bother making a visit or even writing to her(despite owning the very journal she gave Twilight! What the buck? :huh:) That aside I don't think the magic that Twilight brought over is reversible as it now resides in all of the girls and is activated by their common bond. The magic's out of the bag.

So yeah, those are some of the points I wanted to bring up. I eagerly await your reply.

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 1