Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your opinion of April Fool's Jokes?

Sazama Ichida

It's alright if it's an actual  joke and done properly. What's happened today feels like it's basically a MLG circle jerk, and it's not funny.

• Brohoof 1

When it comes to sites like this and Google and whatnot, April Fools jokes are hilarious. Cruel pranks are stupid, though. Don't hurt someone's feelings. 

But this whole MLG Forums thing has really got me in the spirit this year :D

• Brohoof 2

Don't like them. The stuff the internet does is rather obnoxious, if they want to choose some day to annually do pranks, then do something more subtle.

I'm gonna go all Kant and say that April's Fools pranks always use people as a mere means, and are therefore a violation of the categorical imperative and are unethical.  After all, only later can the victim appreciate the joke, and that's hardly a guarantee. 

In other words, they're wrong, even if the victim likes it and is benign.

I think they're fun as long as yeah, no one's hurt.

Temporarily inconvenienced is fine though. XD

Like I'm in this Pokemon breeding group on DeviantArt.

They have their own website dedicated to keeping track of your pokemon and items.

I went on there this morning, and everyone's pokemon were turned into Magikarps. XD

I find online ones godly harsh and unfunny. Some i'm pissed off at.  April fools should be a day when you pulla prank the victim should laugh too not be tramatived. A smiple harmless joke is all well and good but ging over board ugh.  .I Hate this 'tradition' if you can call it. 

Also freaking HATE youtube during april first, every sing bloody subscrib post a joke video god.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't celebrate April Fools day. I don't like it. To me, it is an excuse to make fun of people in whatever way other people want. 

pinkamena_by_luuandherdraws-d5wj7y2.png

Edited by JonasDarkmane
  • Brohoof 1

I agree with Kitty. and Night Mist. I visited a hypnosis forum, and the April Fools thing they did was "we're planning to offer age-regression hypnosis" I immediately jumped to "a child's mind isn't as mature as an adults, so this carries the risk of rendering yourself easy to take advantage of". They really went all-out, so I wasn't sure if they were serious or just dedicated to pranking.

(edited)

I don't usually go out of my way to celebrate April Fool's, but it was useful today. Had a single medical glove on, and people kept asking why.

I told 'em it was a flesh-eating virus.

The first group was pretty collected and expressed concern for me. After the reveal, they laughed, and playfully called me names.

The other group wondered if the glove would protect them. I told them it probably wouldn't, and one person got up to open the door for me. As I built up to saying April Fool's, I put that hand on their shoulder and they jumped xD  The timing was perfect as they got the joke in the next half-second.

Edited by Starlight Sky
  • Brohoof 1

I find them annoying if i'm on the receiving end of one, but who isn't I guess? As long as its all in good humor I'm fine with it, but some people like to get carried away..

Worthless wastes of time, especially when it involves news and comic updates. Instead of getting an exciting news article, we get a joke one meant to hype people up or piss them off if they don't figure it out resulting in a waste of time. The there's comics which, instead of a proper update, throw a joke in that delays the story for at least a day. I know one comic that likes to do a week's worth of April Fools comics and that annoys me.

This is coming from a guy who is generally easy to please and loves to laugh. April Fools is a pointless holiday that does nothing but cost time and money for a prank.

• Brohoof 1

I really, really don't like it, even with what this forum is doing for it.

All the capital letters, the obnoxious joking around of the userbase (namely the hyperness and constant capital letters), and the purple/red gradient is making me sick to my stomach, dizzy, giving me a headache, and overall uncomfortable. So yeah if I can't stand something like this, then rl jokes are worse.

April Fools is fun for those who don't want it to stop existing tho.

inb4 wheatley stop being a killjoy

I am sorry. Please forgive me and my username. I'll change it tomorrow morning.

Ples no ebolas

Now excuse me. I have to go raise my post count to 600.

Shreck is love, Shreck is life.