Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the strangest thing that has happened to you while sleeping?

Chip Circuit

So out of all the dreams and what not we experience during sleep, what is one of the stranger dreams or occurrences  you have experienced. (from dreams to sleep walking or talking)

I'll start :)

One time when I was young, perhaps six years old, I had a race car bed that had a large spolier on the back that you could use as a bookshelf. So it stood about a foot and a half from the mattress. One night I had a dream where I was walking up to the ledge of a cliff and below I could see a river, from what I could tell I was maybe 500 feet up. As I inched up to the edge of the cliff, it turns out I had actually sleep walked on top of my bed's spoiler. In my dream as I jumped off the cliff I did so in real life as. I quickly found this out when I hit my mattress and bounced. I actually woke up in mid air right after the bounce, I knew this because I felt the force on my neck. Before I could get out a "what is happening" I landed face first in my sheets confused as to what had just happened lol

So that's mine, let's see what the rest of you got :D 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I tend to remember at least a few dreams every week, so I have probably hundreds of weird stories to share. Most recently, in the past two nights, I've had two of the exact same dreams. Not complaining or anything... it's that kind of dream that's a very good dream to have. :3

I would post the details, but they're not exactly appropriate for a forum such as this. :squee:

One time, when I was 12 years old, I dreamed that I was urinating and I wet the bed in real life. That's probably the weirdest instance I can recall. Ever since I've been sure to do a reality check before I urinate. It's.... not a pleasant thing to wake up to. xD

Edited by xX_ShRpShUtR_RgLs_Xx
  • Brohoof 2

I havent had one but when my uncle was a young boy he went to bed early, later he came downstairs while the rest of the family was watching Tv, went up, climbed the Tv stand, and started laying down and sleeping on the old tube tv.

As for me I frequently sleep talk.

• Brohoof 1

When I was on Holiday a few years ago.

I was woken up by my older brother telling me I was doing a handstand in my sleep.

Lol I guess you can actually say "I can do that in my sleep" when people do handstands :P

• Brohoof 3

Lol I guess you can actually say "I can do that in my sleep" when people do handstands :P

Heh, yeah.

But the thing is I can't do it when I try to do it when I am awake...

I tend to scream a lot, kick, punch, and even have dialogue with myself...heheh...

if you're ever stuck on a topic you should record yourself sleeping, who knows you mat actually sat brilliant things :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I had a strange dream last night that was a combination of MLP and FNAF (which is odd because I don't play or watch people play FNAF) with an acid trip added in. I was treated to some of the scariest imagery that I have ever experienced in a dream. Discord-Chimera hybrids and a two-headed demented Fluttershy are just a few of the horrors that haunted my dream.

The funny thing is, I have had dreams that were not nearly as scary as this one where I would get up shouting in the middle of the night (in my sleep) and sometimes even try to run out the front door of my house, whereas this terrifying dream did not elicit a response from my subconscious at all.

Edited by Left 4 Dash
  • Brohoof 1

I recently had a dream that somebody stole my car. In the dream I was terrified, because there was a gun in the trunk and I thought someone would get murdered and I would be blamed. I DO NOT OWN A GUN IN REAL LIFE!

Oh, and sometimes I talk in my sleep, or so I have been told. I don't quite believe that.

Well, one time years ago at a sleepover with my friends at my house, we built a fort. I ended up falling asleep in it, and it completely fell apart on top of me. Still asleep, my friends moved everything around me and were about to put me in a wooden toybox thing. They claimed that it was my grave XD

As for dreams... Too much weirdness that I can't remember. If I have one tonight, I'll be sure to share it!

Weird things...
Well
According to my family, I am extremely verbose in my sleep xD

I mean, sentences, actual subject matter, apparently I speak better in my sleep than most teenagers do nowdays xD
This mostly happens when I get a bit stressed, and I complain in my sleep about what it is  :lol: 

One time when I was in the caravan with my family, I was told the next morning I was complaining about my little brother.

This is one of the reasons I cant sleep in the same room as other people, I might give out all my secrets  :blink: 

Hmm...once me and my sister watched our neighbors daughter while they went out to some concert. When they came home it was pretty late and I was already asleep. My sister woke me up and I jumped up and apparently shouted "I CANT FIND THE SCISSORS! I CANT FIND THEM!" at my neighbors as I walked out of their house.

I don't remember saying anything though, just walking across the yard and flopping on my bed. :lol:

(edited)

I remember going under sleep paralysis for the first time. It freaked me out because I didn't know what was happening. I tried moving and talking, but my body just wouldn't function. It was weird to me at that moment because I never knew what it really was either. I just didn't know what to make of it. I wanted to scream and have some get me out of it, but I couldn't make a sound. I was completely frozen.

My dad has done some pretty weird stuff in his sleep... I know that much. One thing that is really creepy is when he falls asleep, and his eyes kind of roll into the back of his head. Ugh. It creeps me out so much!

Edited by Takeshi Miyamoto

I've posted strange dreams before, so I'll post the other strange things...

The scariest thing is where you wake up in your dreams and it really feels like you're awake. I remember one time many years ago I woke up to a GIANT spider hanging from my cieling fan. My mind could not comprehend whether this actually happened or not, but I know it couldn't have possibly been real because spiders don't get that big... Or if they do, they wouldn't look like that one did. >.>

While it freaks me out, I do things during my sleep. I remember one time also many years back I must have had to go the bathroom while I was sleeping, and I actually walked to the bathroom and randomly drifted back into consciousness while I was in there. xD It was my parents' bathroom for some reason, too (which is quite a distance from the one closest to my room. >.<). God, I hope I shut the door behind me, but I wouldn't know, because my vision was so blurry when I came back into consciousness. Good thing I'm not a guy, because that wouldn't have worked... xD I remember I drifted back out of consciousness and woke back up in my room?

Maybe that didn't actually happen, either... But when I woke up it felt like I was really actually awake. o.O

That's the only thing I know for certain that I have done in my sleep. but in more recent years I believe I have also taken my phone off of its charger in my sleep and things like that. o.O

• Brohoof 1

Well, the weirdest dream I've ever had was quite horrific, and not something I care to post.  But I had a very strange sleep related experience once--I went to sleep, in my bed, in shorts and a t-shirt, and I woke up later, flat on my back, on the floor next to my bed, completely naked, with my clothes laying next to me.  I have never had anything like that happen before or since.  I have had a few instances of sleep paralysis, though.  That's terrifying.

I remember when I was younger I had a dream of falling off a cliff and when I hit the ground I instantly shot up from sleeping and threw my blanket into the air.

Also I once sleepwalked around my house and then continued to collapse on the carpet.

Alright, so this happened just last year when I got my new bed. I was sleeping with my head at the foot of my bed so I could see the TV better. I was in mid-drift sleep and got woken up by a tickling on my forearm. I passed it off as my hair just there, so I went back to sleep, being still so my 'hair' didn't tickle anymore. Looking at my arm, I noticed there was a freaking ROACH on my arm with it's antennae tickling my arm. So, being a girl, I freaked out, did some weird foreign dance around my room, and ran into my parents room screaming bloody murder.

They made me go back in my room with the 'You're 15, you can't sleep with your parents' crap. Before getting over it, I stripped my bed of EVERYTHING and did a huge security check on all the blankets, pillows, and sheets. I even checked around the entire perimeter of my room, contemplating whether I should go downstairs and get the Raid.

BUT WAIT. We aren't done yet. After getting all of my bed stuff sorted back into place, I got in bed and was in mid-drift once more for about 30 minutes. Then, that.. little.. ROACH thing went across the rim of my blanket, like dead in my face. I did my little foreign dance, went to parents room, and even did my security check again before I finally went to sleep, with my head at the headboard this time.. >_>

I once had an odd dream in which I was floating over a city, and beside me was some sort of angelic entity that appeared as a white, glowing humanoid figure. It continued to show me around this city setting for a few moments before the scenery changed, and I was staring into a mirror.

I looked at myself in the mirror and asked the question, "Am I awake?"

My reflection responded, "If you wish to know if you are awake, you must live a life of rigorous fasting and meditation." This was the end of the dream.

The whole experience was very weird and the thought of ever living a life of "rigorous fasting" still makes me want to go find a snack.

Alright, so this happened just last year when I got my new bed. I was sleeping with my head at the foot of my bed so I could see the TV better. I was in mid-drift sleep and got woken up by a tickling on my forearm. I passed it off as my hair just there, so I went back to sleep, being still so my 'hair' didn't tickle anymore. Looking at my arm, I noticed there was a freaking ROACH on my arm with it's antennae tickling my arm. So, being a girl, I freaked out, did some weird foreign dance around my room, and ran into my parents room screaming bloody murder.

They made me go back in my room with the 'You're 15, you can't sleep with your parents' crap. Before getting over it, I stripped my bed of EVERYTHING and did a huge security check on all the blankets, pillows, and sheets. I even checked around the entire perimeter of my room, contemplating whether I should go downstairs and get the Raid.

BUT WAIT. We aren't done yet. After getting all of my bed stuff sorted back into place, I got in bed and was in mid-drift once more for about 30 minutes. Then, that.. little.. ROACH thing went across the rim of my blanket, like dead in my face. I did my little foreign dance, went to parents room, and even did my security check again before I finally went to sleep, with my head at the headboard this time.. >_>

Sounds like a rough time lol

I once had an odd dream in which I was floating over a city, and beside me was some sort of angelic entity that appeared as a white, glowing humanoid figure. It continued to show me around this city setting for a few moments before the scenery changed, and I was staring into a mirror.

I looked at myself in the mirror and asked the question, "Am I awake?"

My reflection responded, "If you wish to know if you are awake, you must live a life of rigorous fasting and meditation." This was the end of the dream.

The whole experience was very weird and the thought of ever living a life of "rigorous fasting" still makes me want to go find a snack.

Hmm... sounds like a subconscious demand :P

Weird dreams... ooh I know.

I once dreamt that I was clothed in balloons. :blink: And I was going somewhere with my friends, but I couldn't fit in their car for all the balloons. So I rode on top. B)

Apparently.

Weird dreams... ooh I know.

I once dreamt that I was clothed in balloons. :blink: And I was going somewhere with my friends, but I couldn't fit in their car for all the balloons. So I rode on top. B)

Apparently.

Sounds like a good time :D