Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the strangest thing that has happened to you while sleeping?

Chip Circuit

(edited)

Early one morning before school I was lying in bed, turned my head and SNAP! Something in my neck popped and I could not move my head at all. It was extremely painful to try and turn my head. My damned parents sill made me go to school so I spent the whole day looking over my left shoulder.  :(   

Edited by Gearbox10mm

• 4 years later...

I've never sleepwalked, did weird maneuvers in my sleep, or anything of that sort.

I've had some accidents in the bed as a kid before, and once back in 2017 to the degree of having to throw out the mattress topper though x3

BUT, I also sometimes get this weird like...muscle spasm(?) or such when sleeping, or just about to fall asleep. The best way to describe it is that it feels like I've fallen a couple inches back onto the bed, as if I was levitating or something and that power suddenly turned off.

While I was moving house a few years back, I was super stressed out, I gained a bunch of weight, it was a bad time. A couple of times during the early morning I was awoken by someone screaming, glass breaking, dogs barking, but I was the only one who heard it. Apparently this isn't uncommon for people in high stress situations, and they're known as hypnagogic hallucinations, but at the time they were terrifying. Being awoken by a horrifying scream is pretty awful, especially when you're pretty sure it wasn't real.

I’ve felt myself slightly levitating a few times. No seriously my body started to rise upwards for the most of my body save for like a bit of the upper torso and head.  

Beyond things like earthquakes waking me up in the middle of the night, I've woken myself up by laughing too hard in my sleep, and I once sleepwalked into another person's room and woke up standing over them as they slept. Good thing they didn't wake up because I wasn't wearing a stitch at the time. (I don't wear jammies to bed). 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Beyond things like earthquakes waking me up in the middle of the night

This happens for me too. I woke up a few seconds before the earthquake hits my house. Luckily it was just a light one with a magnitude about 4,4 (earthquakes in west germany are really rarely heavy). But I was really shocked at the moment because I never experienced such a thing before. Ok, there was one with the magnitude around 5,9 (one of the heaviest earthquakes in germany), but I was 3 years old at that time and I can not remember if I woke up or not.

6 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Did anyone here ever experience sleep paralysis? I have. It's terrifying!

A few times. There are definitelly nicer ways to wake up. The worst thing is that I sometimes have the feeling that I can not breath anymore when i have a sleep paralyzis. It is really a ugly feeling. 

Anyway, what me sometimes happen is that I bit on my lips or my tongue in the night. Oh, and once while I was on a vacation trip and had to share a bed with a friend, I kicked him while I sleep. The fun fact is that I woke up from the kick but he not. But besides this, I never had something really strange things in my sleep ... except for some really weird dreams.

Edited by IronM17

Well, other than a few Lucid dreams, I was sleeping once and woke up to be what felt like me laying on a live electrical wire! My whole body felt like it was shaking violently and I was frozen in place, I also at the same time heard a loud buzzing noise in my ears and if I remember correctly I saw a couple flashes of light under my door. I actually dont know if their was lightning that night or what but it freaked me the hell out to say the least!

NOTE: It LITERALLY felt like I was laying on an extension cord with its live wires exposed as the feeling started from my left side and then sort of spread throughout my entire body which lead to a feeling of convulsing..... :o 

I’ve had a few lucid dreams, I once had a dream inside of a dream (I dreamt that I woke up, but I couldn’t get up, then I woke up in the dream and walked around, and then I woke up for real), and I sleeptalk. I also know someone who almost sleepwalked onto a busy street. 

• Brohoof 1

Waking up feeling numb, or anything just feeling off or wrong. That really is it. So many nights to consider, I must have had some that was terrible, but I can't remember!

• Brohoof 1