Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Working on my Fimfiction debut

Plonkett

I'm looking to post a fic on Fimfiction. It's an alternate ending to A Canterlot Wedding where Twilight calls out the ponies who abandoned her at the wedding (what a shock), especially her brother. I haven't started writing it yet because at the moment I'm struggling what to come up with to start the fic off. Can anyone give some tips on what I could put in?

Can someone move this to the creative resources forum?

I'm looking to post a fic on Fimfiction. It's an alternate ending to A Canterlot Wedding where Twilight calls out the ponies who abandoned her at the wedding (what a shock), especially her brother. I haven't started writing it yet because at the moment I'm struggling what to come up with to start the fic off. Can anyone give some tips on what I could put in?

Can someone move this to the creative resources forum?

Well since you're starting in an event that actually happened in the show, you don't have to begin your fic by explaining a whole lot about the setting.  Your readers should be presumably familiar with how things went.  Let the scene of Chrysalis's defeat play out as it did in the show, since the only new content in this fic of yours should be the alternative route you take the scene when Twilight starts getting upset with everypony else afterwards.

My other advice would be not to treat this seriously.  The serious treatment of this scene had the ponies reconciling in the show, not caring that they made mistakes along the way.  Now, a serious alternative depiction could work, but it'd be a lot harder to pull off.  In my opinion, taking this in a comedic direction has a lot more potential.  Twilight getting worked up about everything that led to Chrysalis almost winning, while everyone else just wants to celebrate instead?  That could be pretty funny in an absurd kind of way.

I think someone already did that idea. Though not saying you shouldnt try your own take on the idea

The reason this is being made is because that in just about every similar fic, Shining Armor gets less punishment from Twilight than mane 5 and Celestia. Here I'm having Shining get the most accusation. I just wanna do the best I can to get it right.