Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Furries!

Miss Light Diamond

I am personally a furry myself (or I consider myself one anyway) so I have no such problem with the furry community. Most furries are rather friendly people, though like every community you'll find those who are not. So I have no problem at all, in fact I adore the furry community. :adorkable:

The problem is that with about every culture people tend to focus on the negative or extreme 2%. Examples? Voodoo,The Nation of Islam, etc... MOST people in these cultures and subcultures don't consider themselves to be radical unlike the 2-5% of its members that are blown up to falsely represent them.... It's a shame really. The majority should outweigh the extreme, but in this day and age it's hard for cultures to do so.

All that being said I don't mind furries they do their thing during their own personal private free time. Who am I to say they can't? What they do is their business not mine. Just like what I do on here is MY business not anyone else's.

Edited by MeanBlackHawk

I don't consider myself a furry, but i like anthro art, especially the mlp ones. However since furries have been hated for so many years now, i keep it a secret and pretend i hate furries so that people would leave ke alone.

• 4 years later...

Well I am involved in that stuff yea lol that's where a lot of my friends are.

Sometimes I feel like there is too much focus on fursuiting at events though when I care more about the art stuff. I also prefer having many ocs over fursonas as idk I can't get attached to one character. I don't always consider my art furry though it's whatever I want to draw. 

(edited)

I am, to an extent, a furry. So of course I don't necessarily have a negative opinion of them. In general I'd say my opinion of them is quite positive and I find that most of the problems people have with the entirety of the fandom just are results of getting offended by people that are different than them.

Though I will say, there's definitely a few bad apples in the fandom as there are in any. But honestly, I don't think they're really all that bad compared to what I've seen elsewhere.

Edited by Furret ᐡ꒳ᐡ

(edited)

I am most definitely a furry. My nickname in another community for years has been "furry queen." It's not really a secret that I get down with the fuzz.

Edited by The Historian

38 minutes ago, The Historian said:

I am most definitely a furry. My nickname in another community for years has been "furry queen." It's not really a secret that I get down with the fuzz.

You'll have to forgive me if I don't believe you. No self-respecting furry I've ever met - even the ones for whom it's all about the fetish stuff - would ever say that.

Furry for a long time now! My non pony fursona is a pink kitten~ I haven't really been active in any purely furry communities though, it's just been a passive thing I've floated with through communities. I think I'm weird even by furry standards so I've been shy about being in the dedicated fandom 

(edited)
On 6/26/2020 at 9:57 AM, Pixel Stick said:

You'll have to forgive me if I don't believe you. No self-respecting furry I've ever met - even the ones for whom it's all about the fetish stuff - would ever say that.

Believe me or don't. I care little what others think. But I am quite the furry.

Edited by The Historian

I've been an open furry for about 3 years now, starting when I was still watching MLP (got out of MLP during 2018) and I feel a lot more confident about being a furry than brony. My boyfriend and a lot of my friends are furries as well, I love being part of the community.

1 hour ago, The Historian said:

Believe me or don't. I care little what others think. But I am quite the furry.

I suppose I could say I'm "quite the furry" too. Depends on what you mean by that. I just find myself skeptical when someone says things like "I get down in the fuzz", because it sounds a lot more like someone who wants to troll the furry community. There's kind of an unspoken rule among furries that you keep your private life to yourself.

Anthropomorphized animal characters do come up frequently in the media I enjoy, but that's probably mostly because I've always strongly preferred fantasy/sci-fi settings to realistic settings, and there's obviously a lot of overlap there.

I've never identified as or considered myself a "furry" because a) everyone uses that word differently, so it's more confusing than helpful, and b) if I had to guess, one of the less wrong definitions might be "actively participates in the furry fandom/community" which is not something I've ever done. If the MLP fandom keeps my interest for long enough I could see myself with a ponysona someday, but that'd be a ways off.

On 6/30/2020 at 1:17 PM, Pixel Stick said:

I suppose I could say I'm "quite the furry" too. Depends on what you mean by that. I just find myself skeptical when someone says things like "I get down in the fuzz", because it sounds a lot more like someone who wants to troll the furry community. There's kind of an unspoken rule among furries that you keep your private life to yourself.

I do as I please. I'm already deep in the shit. What's a little more on top with being a furry?

• Brohoof 1

Since it's been a while since I last posted, might as well update!!  

I have my own fursona now and I'm more certain of what species he should be.  For a while, I couldn't decide on his species, first he was a rabbit, jackalope, bear, deer, bear/deer hybrid and now he's a predatory elk.  What I mean by that is, an elk with sharp teeth and claws.  I was inspired by the idea from seeing one of my now favourite furry artists on tumblr have predatory deer fursonas and I figured I could do the same thing with an elk instead since I think elk are really cool and I love all the calls and bugles they make.

(edited)

I was a furry years before becoming a brony. I found the fandom by looking up pokemon fanart on google in middle school, which led me to a furry art website. I saw furry art, thought, "hey, that's pretty cool," and I was converted. I always liked cartoons (the stereotypical Robin Hood was and still is one of my favorites, despite being almost thirty years older than I am), so it didn't take much convincing, if any. By contrast, it took four years and three attempts for me to become a brony. That's a little ironic, considering the MLP community has become more special to me than the furry fandom ever was. That might change now that I'm trying to work at least part-time in the furry fandom, but still.

As for fursonas, I guess I technically have two. Booker (my avatar) is more of a MLP OC, but I still think of him the same way I would a fursona. He's kind of supposed to be what I wish I could be. Our personalities are almost identical, but he's better than me in every way, some of which I can't change about myself. I've also given him scars to match the ones I have (except for the chunk missing from my left middle finger. Not sure how to translate that into hooves), though I don't have any art of his updated design yet.

Then there's my very first fursona (Karou is the name I've settled on. It's weeb-ey, but whatever). I made him when I was eleven or twelve, and somebody from a Facebook group I was in very kindly drew a ref sheet of him for free. He's gone through a few design iterations since then so it's not actually him anymore, but I'll still post the image. 

Spoiler

karoubyLilic@FAedited.jpg.2a8bd913701cd1889c479f5cea6f694c.jpg

I still haven't actually settled on his design, and I'm considering remaking him entirely. Younger me couldn't pick color combinations for shit (honestly, he's kind of sad to look at), I want to change his species slightly (he's a hybrid, so the sky is the limit there), and overall he's just poorly designed.

At first he was sort of the silent, cool, edgy sona that every teen furry makes, but when I became more active in the fandom recently, I reworked him a bit. I wanted to keep his personality somewhat close to his original, so he now represents the hermit side of me. He's a bit colder than I am, but I dropped all the edgy stuff, so he's really just a slightly more irritable and reclusive version of myself. I might end up changing that when I revamp him, but I don't know.

Edited by Booker
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I relate to the sentiment a few people have that I feel weird just openly calling myself a furry, due to the sheer amount of connotations that label has in everyone's brain, but I'm most definitely a furry.

My only wish is that furries would start choosing some weirder animals to use as their fursonas. My fursona (if that label really fits) is a sea cucumber girl that can't talk and doesn't really move. She just lays on the couch and has food shoved into the mouth tentacles on her head and if she gets stressed out, she vomits up all her organs.