Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

PoniArcade launch game events!

Nohbdy

I believe you have to open the console and type "connect play.poniarcade.com:27100" to join. At least that's what you have to do in GMod. GMod and TF2 are running on the same engine, so I assume this technique works in TF2, too.

Console? You mean the command menu, where I put different kind of codes?

I'm not sure. I have never played TF2. I am talking about the developer console (that is available in all Source-titles).

In order to open it, you probably have to follow these steps: http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=217543736

Then open the console and type "connect play.poniarcade.com:27100", then press the enter-key on your keyboard.

I hope this works. I am sorry if it doesn't.

Ah it is called "Developer Console?" In that case: Yes I know what to do. Thanks.

The easier way is just to add the server to your favourites list ;)

My fav list doesn't work at all. No matter what PC I use.

I'm not sure. I have never played TF2. I am talking about the developer console (that is available in all Source-titles).

In order to open it, you probably have to follow these steps: http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=217543736

Then open the console and type "connect play.poniarcade.com:27100", then press the enter-key on your keyboard.

I hope this works. I am sorry if it doesn't.

The server is at USA or Canada? My ping will possibly be pretty high over 100 sadly in that case... :C I live in Europe - Finland. Our distances are quite big.

Edited by StormRider245

Sorry, I don't know where the server is either. I am not part of the PoniArcade team. I am pretty sure Zeusking19 can tell us where it could possibly be. I am also from Europe, and my ping is pretty rubbish most of the time.

In that case: I suppose it is in somewhere North America. Can you make some kind of server for Europe too? That would be great.

Hi guys.

Our server is located in North America indeed.

We may choose to open a European service if demand increases, but the current size of the PArc community means this is not a viable option at the moment.

Hi guys.

Our server is located in North America indeed.

We may choose to open a European service if demand increases, but the current size of the PArc community means this is not a viable option at the moment.

THx for telling. I am looking forward to that when you'll open in Europe.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

How can we have a PG-13 server on TF2 and CSGO when they are both like 15-17 rated games XD

That basically defies the point in having age ratings.

How can we have a PG-13 server on TF2 and CSGO when they are both like 15-17 rated games XD

That basically defies the point in having age ratings.

We are required to remain PG-13, as the PArc Code of Conduct is based on the MLPF Rules.

Young children still use TF2 and CSGO, despite what the age ratings say. :)

We are required to remain PG-13, as the PArc Code of Conduct is based on the MLPF Rules.

Young children still use TF2 and CSGO, despite what the age ratings say. :)

As much as I hate age ratings, they're there for a reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the TF2 server doesn't seem to have a lot of players on it a lot of the time

The best time to play TF2 on our server is during one of our game nights when people will generally show up due to it being an organised event. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Oi!
I'm known as TheBlueGamer!

I have over 1,000 hours on tf2, and i'm a professional UGC steel player. Some servers ban UGC players or simply make another server specifically for them. I'd like to play on the server, but are they banned on it or can I play?

Also, can we make a 4v4, 6v6, or highlander tournament sometime?

Edited by JustAnotherBlueGamer

Oi!

I have over 1,000 hours on tf2, and i'm a professional UGC steel player. Some servers ban UGC players or simply make another server specifically for them. I'd like to play on the server, but are they banned on it or can I play?

Also, can we make a 4v4, 6v6, or highlander tournament sometime?

Tournaments are a future plan.

Oi!

I'm actually a UGC player myself (plat 6s / gold HL / gold 4s), and we do not ban competitive players.

However, some of the forum-goers who've been on the server have expressed their concern for higher-skilled players.

Would be nice if you made your game pool a bit bigger, though most of the games are pretty popular... Still a great job getting your own servers guys :3

Might I ask what PoniArcade is I mean obviously it has something to do with bronys but that is basically all I know so it is kinda confusing when everyone is talking about it

Might I ask what PoniArcade is I mean obviously it has something to do with bronys but that is basically all I know so it is kinda confusing when everyone is talking about it

Well, first off, in case you don't know what steam is, steam is basically an application you can download on your computer made by the game company valve. You can download games, some are free, like team fortress 2, and some you'll have to pay for, like Gmod or Skyrim.

Sorry if you already knew what steam was, but on steam you can make groups that other players can join and you can host events, PoniArcade is a group on steam, and they hold weekly events such as Gmod or Team Fortress 2 gaming nights, when an event starts, for example, the tf2 one, everyone currently online in steam who is a part of the poniarcade group will receive a notification, and then people will start going into the server and playing the game.

Sorry for the massive wall of text, but I hope it helped.

-snip-

While this is a good description we extend beyond Steam. We are a gaming community in general, so in effect an organisation that supplies game servers and organises events for public use.

One of our main outlets is Steam so I can see where you are coming from ;)