Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will we all be fans in the next gen of MLP?

Sapphire Star

I dunno about you, but I hope MLP goes on forever. Out of mere curiosty, will you still be a fan of MLP after FiM? If so, what are you looking forward to in the MLP universe? Personally, I would like to see an adult Twilight Sparkle teaching others or something... but who knows. What do you think?

• Brohoof 5

I'll probably watch it, unless it is just God awful.  :P  I need ponies to survive.

I like the idea of an older Twilight, but I would like to see a show similar to what we have, except focused on the Cutie Mark Crusaders grown up.

• Brohoof 2

That's the thing. Alot of people think that, just because this gen is so good, that the next one will also be good. We have to consider, that it will probably be a whole different writing team, because the others will probably move on and do other projects.

I will probably watch the first episode, but if it sucks i will not watch it. I rather fondly remember the time that we have now with each other. Cherish the moment guys, because they might not come back.

• Brohoof 5

Obviously a potential next gen would be very different than the last, and the majority of us would most likely prefer this current one which will cause instant dislike for the next. Personally, if the stories are creative, the characters well-developed, the morals strong and Twilight Sparkle is in the next gen, then I'm all for it. :)

• Brohoof 1

If they stick to the same Flash art style. Maaayybee update it so it looks even better than ever, afterall, they have made more money on fim than all three other generations put together and stapled mlp onto pop culture so far that it will take decades to wash off if it keeps going.

• Brohoof 1

I will still be a fan of FIM and G1 but as for G5 if it does have cartoon that will depend on if it is any good. It is likely it will have a different writing staff but that dosen't automatically mean that it will suck. 

• Brohoof 2

If G5's good there's no doubt it will win over some, if not a lot of fans.

Transformers, Spider-Man and TMNT have gone through many incarnations and you'll find fans of all incarnations. If they can do that, MLP can do that.

But not all fans will be won over. There will always be those that will prefer one Generation or more over the new one to the point that they won't accept the new incarnation. Hey Geewunners (Transformers) and Genwunners (Pokemon) exist for a reason.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I just have faith that the developers, artists, and writers will deliver what the fans will want. That's my queue. Otherwise, I"LL be the one that'll bust into Hasbro's doors and make MLP great again... that is if Gen 5 sucks. lol

Edited by Sapphire Star

I think it could work,  I've been a fan of mlp from the 80's one (not 3.5) and

if the same writers make it and crew I think gen 5 could be a good stand out!

• Brohoof 2

I think this gen is about as good as it can be, when it gets canceled there will be a LONG wait of years and years before it gets revived, and i don't know how hasbro will top the current generation, they got a good thing going and they know it

• Brohoof 3

It will depend entirely on what they do with the franchise. If they continue to have good writing and an attention to setting and world building as they did with this one, I might. If it's a huge swing to suckiness like happened between the original Teen Titans and that pseudo-Teen Titans crap that's on now, I won't be watching long.