Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will we all be fans in the next gen of MLP?

Sapphire Star

It ultimately depends on what we get with G5. It doesn't need to be connected with G4; it just needs to be well-written and well-characterized.

Make the good stuff; people will (usually) watch.

• Brohoof 2

Hasbro is a bit of a wonky beast, due to it's rather odd internal organization so it's hard to tell what they're up to at any given point in time. It's unlikely they'll drop the franchise completely due to it's current success, but it's entirely possible G4.5 (or G5, depending) will go in a completely different direction like G1.5 did or go experimental and weird like G3.5 did.

• Brohoof 3

It ultimately depends on what we get with G5. It doesn't need to be connected with G4; it just needs to be well-written and well-characterized.

Make the good stuff; people will (usually) watch.

I agree make it good.

As with the g4 ending topic, I dont think about that, I just try to enjoy the time we have with it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Sapphire Star,

I would love to see a kind of sequel series where it's Equestria in the future and we follow a new group of friends and the Mane Six are all regarded as great heroes of the past. Or in Twilight's case, occupying the same place Celestia does now, the ruling immortal statesmare that is a retired savior. 

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

You're bound to get purists who will only stick to this generation. Just as plenty of older fans don't watch the FiM series. But I'd like to think Hasbro has noticed they hit the nail on the head with FiM and it influences the future generations in a suitable way. So on that prospect, it seems likely that I'd watch future generations.

• Brohoof 3

I think that, even if it's bad I'll still force myself to like it, and then join the new hipster-bronies.

Also, I don't think hasbro would purposely stop making the show enjoyable to an older audience as well, because with the show having two different groups of people watching the show and buying the merchandise, that's more money than just having the show only appeal to little girls.

(edited)

I honestly think that, by the time G5 comes out, we'll probably all be bored of MLP (and that's coming from someone who also wishes FiM would go on forever)

I think Hasbro has literally no reason to start a new generation and risk losing this huge (and amazing, I might stay) fandom the show has, so the only reason there'd be a G5 is that bronies wouldn't be a thing anymore by then.

Regardless, that doesn't mean I wouldn't watch the first episodes and become a fan once again if I like them

Edited by ExPro

Even while I am (admittedly) pretty attached to G4, I'm pretty sure that I would watch G5, of course, Hasbro and whatever studio(s) they decide to license the rights to MLP to would have to make sure that it is still appealing, but not too much like G4. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If it's anything like Teen Titans Go!, then:

Well I Remember watching it and I found it absolutely disrespectful in the name of DC. Robin refuses to help any of the other characters, the characters play mean jokes on each other, and the other characters completely control Robin. In the old series Robin was the leader and everyone would help him. And he would assist other people. Basically, I Was watching an episode where Beast Boy makes Robin ''be one with the couch'' and as a result. The city gets destroyed. They are basically Lazy, Mean-Spirited, Callous and Obnoxious versions of their former selves. MLP will be nothing like that. Teen Titans Go! is the complete antithesis of Friendship is Magic. The only good thing about it is Tara Strong as Raven.

Edited by ScarfaceOne

(edited)

Depends how it's done. I'd like a G4.5 to be about the children of the mane 6 (I'd prefer Kilala97's characters to be involved), being more even character driven than FiM. As for G5, I'd like it to be the polar opposite of FiM: Being mostly action/adventure oriented than FiM, but still having humor and drama involved, basically being a pony version of shows like Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra. It could also have its own unqiue setting. If both shows were like that, I'm totally game.

Edited by vgmaster9

I don't even want to think about another generation of MLP, because FiM is already so good! ^_^ But like others have already said, it really just depends on the quality of the show. If it turns out to be absolutely horrible, (I will cry on the inside, lol) and just watch FiM. While it is natural to assume that the next gen will be just as good; a part of me thinks it would be pressing our luck -- but I hope I'm wrong. Only time will tell and I hope that time is a far ways off. FiM is not broken, so I hope Hasbro doesn't try to "fix" it with a new generation.

We had:

G1: Awesome! 

G1.5: Boring 

G3: Cringe Worthy

G3.5: KILL ME NOW!

G4: Yess!!!! :D :D :D 

The next one will probably be g4.5, and I don't think it will be that great honestly. Generations don't usually keep much the same. 

It's almost guaranteed that a lot of people will not like G5 at all, just because it's not what they're used to.  It's understandable, I guess, and it's not like there aren't plenty of MLP fans who only like one generation (mostly G1 and G4), but the reveal of G5 and/or the realization that G4 is ending will undoubtedly result in the biggest collective temper tantrum the fandom has ever had.  Good thing we've still got a few more years out of G4, because I am not looking forward to that.

As long as they have a decent tie-in show and improve on the shortcomings of the G4 toyline, as well as have a pleasant design, I'll be happy.

• Brohoof 2

I mean, I might have left the fandom before this gen is even over. I'm still not sure about what's going to happen but I've thought about what will happen when the show ends. After the final episode is aired I can imagine many people doing huge marathons of the entire series, taking part in online things, having a huge convention, and then it will just kinda die. I feel like some following from this fandom will carry over to G5 (if it ever happens) but I don't think I'll be one of them.