Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will we all be fans in the next gen of MLP?

Sapphire Star

Design-wise, G5 should most likely be like this:

this would be awesome. i like the way it`s animated. i also think that they should put it in the future so your watching the mane 6`s children go on an adventure and find something like the elements of harmony(but different concept).and then make some more antagonists. but they should bring sombra back and they try to remove his cursey thingy.

they need to make a less annoying theme song though.

Edited by cpl.dusk wind

I would imagine that Hasbro would want to carry on the G4 legacy, but no generation is the same as the previous ones. You can pretty much expect Applejack and Spike to be in it. They were in every other generation. I think, much to a lot of the fan's dismay, they are going to keep a cast of mostly ponies with maybe a dragon to tag along. No griffons, no deer, no draco ponies or whatever they are called, nothing like that. Just ponies with cutie marks. 

Unless they are stupid, they wouldn't make it unbearably girly. A lot of bronies cannot handle change, so they would be turned away from the show at first. If hasbro hired a typical brony to create it, I probably wouldn't like it. Call me gay or sissy all you want, but I like the girly stuff of MLP. A typical brony would just remove everything girly and forget about the fans who fit the demographics (Little girls.) Of course, Hasbro would disprove of it. I think they will make g5 girly enough to appeal to little girls but not so girly that it turns off the older audience. Just like with g4. I think they would learn their lesson of g4's popularity. Now if Hasbro ups their game for g5 and improve the quality of the toys, that could also benefit them. 

The character designs will not be the same. It will not take place in Equestria. A lot of the characters will not keep the same names. G5 will not follow G4. In fact it will take place in a completely different universe. If those changes turn you off, then you will not like G4, and you most likely do not like any of the previous generations either. 

"You can pretty much expect Applejack and Spike to be in it. They were in every other generation."

no they weren't. Show me where both of them were in G2 and where AJ was in G3.

"No griffons, no deer, no draco ponies or whatever they are called, nothing like that. Just ponies with cutie marks."

Except they had other creatures in MLP from the start of Gen 1, because worldbuilding. Bushwooplies, Furbobs, Stratadons, Moochick, humans, orcs, elves, elementals, and in G3 they also had more than 1 dragon. The show's always going to have ponies be the main focus, but there will be other creatures in the show for them to interact with- just as it's always been.

"A lot of bronies cannot handle change"

because bronies are people. Other people who aren't Bronies, also can't handle change. It's NOT just Bronies

"A typical brony would just remove everything girly and forget about the fans who fit the demographics (Little girls.)"

wow, way to generalize

"You can pretty much expect Applejack and Spike to be in it. They were in every other generation."

no they weren't. Show me where both of them were in G2 and where AJ was in G3.

"No griffons, no deer, no draco ponies or whatever they are called, nothing like that. Just ponies with cutie marks."

Except they had other creatures in MLP from the start of Gen 1, because worldbuilding. Bushwooplies, Furbobs, Stratadons, Moochick, humans, orcs, elves, elementals, and in G3 they also had more than 1 dragon. The show's always going to have ponies be the main focus, but there will be other creatures in the show for them to interact with- just as it's always been.

"A lot of bronies cannot handle change"

because bronies are people. Other people who aren't Bronies, also can't handle change. It's NOT just Bronies

"A typical brony would just remove everything girly and forget about the fans who fit the demographics (Little girls.)"

wow, way to generalize

g2 never existed, and 

KSrVejS.png

That is true that there are other species, but it's going to be mostly ponies despite what a lot of people want. 

I didn't say bronies weren't the only ones who can't handle change. 

A lot of bronies would want to take out the girlly stuff. 

• 1 year later...

If it's like previous generations, I don't think so. I'll have to check it out, of course, given how much I love this generation. However, I have a bad feeling about it becoming more like previous generations. However, perhaps they'll learn from this generation's booming success and make it a lot like FiM. Perhaps somehow it could be in the same world and setting as G4, and maybe even feature the Cutie Mark Crusaders? I know that would never happen, but that would be so amazing.

It depends on how good the new generation is. If it goes back to its roots and becomes much more girly and no appeal to the bronies, I'll just continue to be a G4 brony. If it's really good, I'm going to bingewatch the hell out of it. Also, MLP will not last forever. There will be a point in time where all water evaporates, and then there'll be no water for us humans or any other living being to survive in this word. No need to be scared, because this will happen long after our generation. At least, that's what I heard from Super Planet Dolan. Another thing is that the sun will engulf most or all of the inner planets, and Earth is a guarantee. So unless we move to a planet that we have the ability to survive on, humans will not last forever, and that means MLP will not last forever.

The question is, if MLP will have fans in the next generation? It's up to the new show, not the fandom to decide if it's fitting enough to pull the old fandom back in.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

You don't have to like every iteration to stay a fan of a franchise. If the next gen has some adventure to it, makes the ponies look like ponies and adds Quality to their toyline again, I'll be interested in it.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1

Since some Bronys say, that everything thats not G4 sucks, i dont think all Bronys will stay Fans. But as long as the actual target audience keeps watching, everything should be fine.

But i will watching a new Gen and will keep being a Fan. Because i dont even like G4 that much. I would love to see something new.

• Brohoof 1

If G5's good there's no doubt it will win over some, if not a lot of fans.

Transformers, Spider-Man and TMNT have gone through many incarnations and you'll find fans of all incarnations. If they can do that, MLP can do that.

But not all fans will be won over. There will always be those that will prefer one Generation or more over the new one to the point that they won't accept the new incarnation. Hey Geewunners (Transformers) and Genwunners (Pokemon) exist for a reason.

Back in my day...grumble grumble...fifteen miles barefoot in the snow for new ponies...grumble snore...

It will depend entirely on what they do with the franchise. If they continue to have good writing and an attention to setting and world building as they did with this one, I might. If it's a huge swing to suckiness like happened between the original Teen Titans and that pseudo-Teen Titans crap that's on now, I won't be watching long.

We don't talk about teen Titans isshuues. *holds finger in front of lips*

(edited)

I'll have to watch the first few episodes of the next generation to see how it turns out. If it's up to par with FiM, or even better than it, then you bet I'm sticking around. If Hasbro decides to kill off the fandom by going back to the poorly-written, overly-girly style of G3 and Tales, then I, probably accompanied by a good chunk of the current fandom, will quietly leave. Let's hope they choose the first option, so I still have something to do with my life.

Edited by everyoneknowsitsme

I am sure some people will follow G5, but probably not all. I also have to see if i will follow it or not.

I think G4 will be remembered, like the first generation of Transformers. Most people remember that Generation the most and everything after that is just nothing for them.

I personally can't imagine the show with different main cast, and we all know that the cast WILL be different, so I really don't know. We won't see Dashie or Rarity again after the current generation :( :(

Hovershy, on 05 Apr 2015 - 6:29 PM, said:

I'll probably watch it, unless it is just God awful.  :P  I need ponies to survive.

I like the idea of an older Twilight, but I would like to see a show similar to what we have, except focused on the Cutie Mark Crusaders grown up.

New mane 6 are crusaders, McFlurry, and the cake's babies confirmed.

TBlaze, on 02 May 2016 - 5:17 PM, said:

I personally can't imagine the show with different main cast, and we all know that the cast WILL be different, so I really don't know. We won't see Dashie or Rarity again after the current generation :( :(

Judging from past gens you would see them, but as twisted mockeries of the one you know and love muah ha ha. Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

I might watch it, but let's face the facts here, nothing will beat gen 4. Like some others have mentioned here, seeing an older version of the mane six would probably the best option to take since I think it's going to be hard to digest a whole new mane six in gen 5 :/

• Brohoof 1

It depends. If it is a spin off of FiM, then I don't tink I'll watch it.

I guess I will have to see it. First, I will see if the animation is good (Boboiboy have wonderful animation!). Then I will proceed to know if the storyline is interesting (Ninjago is really food at that). After that I will try and get to know the characters.

So if it have good animation, interesting plot line and well written characters, I might watch it. And hope it won't get spoiled like MLP:FiM.

I am sure some people will follow G5, but probably not all. I also have to see if i will follow it or not.

I think G4 will be remembered, like the first generation of Transformers. Most people remember that Generation the most and everything after that is just nothing for them.

Not really.

Beast Wars is also fondly remembered and while G1 is the gen that gets the spotlight, BW is widely regarded as the best Transformers show and has a following as big as G1, set up a huge deal of Transformers lore and was the tone setter for the franchise.

Beast Machines has gained a cult following in recent years, especially after the disaster known as the Armada trilogy.

Transformers Animated and Prime also made it pretty big and the fandoms of both shows have a strong rivalry with each other and they still argue to this day which one was better.

New mane 6 are crusaders, McFlurry, and the cake's babies confirmed.

Could you please link where was it confirmed? I don't see it at all tbh.

TBlaze, on 03 May 2016 - 04:44 AM, said:

Could you please link where was it confirmed? I don't see it at all tbh.

Oh.

I was joking xD lol sorry. Too many memes recently.