Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What's the most stupid thing you've ever done?

Flying Vantas

I have 2 stories. 2nd one is more stupid than the first.

When I was 12 me and a friend decided to play catch. Since we couldn't find any balls we settled with plastic tent stakes. After a couple of tosses I got hit right in the middle of my forehead and I started bleeding. It left a bit of a gash but a butterfly bandaid was good enough for it. I still get called Harry Potter every now and then.

This happened somewhere between April and May this year. Me and another friend were getting vines down from the tree in my side yard and we thought the best way of doing so was to grab the vine and jump out of the tree since it would both slow us down and break the vine. Well I decided to grab hold of a small, thin one ~15 feet off the ground so naturally I grab it and jump off. It suddenly stopped for a second then broke, throwing me off balance. I was now falling sideways and in my panic had my arms spread out. I landed on the palm of my left hand so hard it left a small crater in the ground, breaking it. My wrist was aching the entire time I've been typing this.

• 2 months later...

Back when I was like 13 and was still a meat eater I thought it would be a good idea to put french dressing on top of a microwavable pepperoni pizza. I took one bite and threw up. Totally wasted pizza. Oddly enough, in the past year I have started to use hot french dressing (most brands are vegan, which I thought was odd, always swore it was based off of mayonaise...). Heated, french dressing makes a great dipping sauce, and even works great in burritos. Call me odd if you want, but it is yummie. Try it sometime everypony!

• Brohoof 1

My dad did the dumbest thing possible.

His friend walked in on him lighting a cigarette, and he proceeded to ask if h my dad had a light.

My dad turns around, lighter in hand, and turns out his friend had a box of pyrotechnics...

I once thought it would be a good idea to greet my friends whilst wearing only a towel, then I acted like Batman and flapped it out like wings. I also wore PullUps until I was six, so it was really embarrasing, being a five year old in diapers.

I once tried to hide in a deflated bouncy castle because I saw some older kids doing it but when they got found a got out, I didn't. They started rolling it up and I was almost suffocated. Luckily I managed to stick out my hand but a few seconds later and it would have been too late and I would have died when they compressed the bouncy castle. So that was pretty dumb :P At least I learned not to follow other people's actions XD

• Brohoof 1

When I was 8, I ran in the sidewalk with my eyes closed, so I fell into a big bush like this, in the spoiler below.

WW12Image042-776x531.jpg

Edited by RedFox
  • Brohoof 2

Excited when mom was letting me play videogames for 2 extra hours so I excitedly balanced on a laundry basket on my knees, feel face forward and hit my eyebrow ont he edge of a wooden table and got a cut.

There was a little puddle of dark blood and because I never got more than a scratch before I flipped out saying IM GONNA DIE! 

Then later we used liquid stitches and disinefected it, and it swelled up so much I couldn't see out of my eye and bro was calling me an 'it' and 'thing' for laughs, had to use an ice pack all day.

After that he kept calling me Scar Face, and when I had braces he called me Jaws, like Jaws from 007.

• Brohoof 1

Some of my old " Friends " wanted to disturb a wasp nest by trowing rocks at it. It was a Wasp nest in the ground.

Stupid as i was, i throw a rock at the nest, and my rock blocked the entry. My friends were leaving, but i felt very bad about myself.

So i went to the wasp nest and kicked the rock away to free them again.

Then i got chased by a wasp army. Did i already mention, i was a little kid back then? And i got stung three times. And scared for live.

But i think i deserved it. I shouldnt had listened to my " friends " .

• Brohoof 2

Once, when i was in first grade we had a costumes closet in our classroom and you could freely dress up in various costumes during recess. One time, i dressed up in this Chinese garb thingy and fooled around with my friends. Then i forgot i put it on and went on ahead around the school, and i didn't really get why i was getting weird looks and laughter from other kids until the recess was over and i was told to remove my costume.

• 3 months later...

The stupidest thing I have ever done would have fallen around the time that I was aged four.

I pretended I was a deer and ate random leaves. Yeah, not very intelligent. Nothing bad occurred, but I happened to be in an area with a lot of poisonous plants. 

Edited by QuantumSparkle

(edited)

The PoniMan has done quite a few stupid things, and it seems like he makes one more stupid decision with each passing day xD

Edited by ThePoniMan
  • Brohoof 1

Oh goodness... I love this thread.  I'll tell a few different stories from different times in my life.

I was 4 years old when I got my first four-wheeler.  Some off-brand 50cc quad my parents bought at a Kawasaki dealership.  Anyway, I was always a careful kiddo for the most part, but one day when I was riding while my dad was watching me... Well, he set out a railroad tie (as in a piece of wood, around 6"x8" and some 8 foot long), and told me to "run over it."  Of course I hesitated and said I didn't want to.  He said it would be fine.  Well, of course, I totally misunderstood that he just wanted me to try and ride over it slowly to see if my quad could clear it.  So I freaking gunned the throttle wide open and ramped the log.  As you can guess I got air, and when I landed I bit the tip of my tongue off.  Not like alot of it, just a small sliver maybe 3mm at most.  But it was enough to have blood gushing out my mouth.  I jumped off my quad, crying, and ran over to my house where mom was.  Needless to say, she gave a nice scolding to my dad later that day XD.

---

When I was in junior high, probably around 13 or 14 years old, I was riding my [bmx] bike around town with my friend one day, and well, let's say I was the kind of kid who loved the back brake alot (loved to leave skid marks everywhere with my back tire).  I had this bright idea that I wanted to see just how long of a skid mark I could make.  So I figured I could test that by getting up to a fast speed before starting down a long hill.  I kept pedaling until I was at the limit my legs could go down that hill, slammed on my back brake (right handlebar lever), and skidded for a long while, until POP - my back tire blew.  Luckily I didn't wreck but it was a stupid thing to do.  My friend and I were laughing about it, because I seriously left like a 30 to 40 foot skid mark on the hill.  

---

When I was in high school, I used to work for my city on the street department.  One day when my coworkers and I were out patching with asphalt, it was nearing the end of the day, and boss said it was time to load up the roller and head back to the garage.  Now, this roller is of course, an asphalt roller, a very heavy machine, even though it is a smaller one.  Anyway, there were two of our trucks there, from different city departments, an old Dodge Ram 2500 and a slightly newer Ford F-350.  Typically, we would load the trailer (and roller on the trailer) onto the hitch of the bigger Ford F-350 dually.  But boss had already left to go talk to some other city workers down at the garage, leaving myself and three other high school boys to drive on back to the garage after loading the roller and such... (Myself being the eldest of the boys at the time)... I said, "Hey, let's load up the roller onto the back of the Dodge."  And it wasn't a big deal, I mean, we'd done it before on occasion.  (Mind you, I typically drove the F-350 myself since it's the street dept.'s truck, whereas the Dodge was the water dept.'s, so I just wanted to drive something else for a change).  Anyways, the street garage is at the side of town down a big hill.  And because I wasn't used to driving the Dodge, I didn't know it had shitty brakes.  So, I was coming down the hill at the same pace I normally would in the other truck, began braking where I normally would... and instantly realized it was a mistake because with the trailer and roller loaded up onto the Dodge, the brakes were essentially all or nothing.  So, I had to slam the brakes, slightly squelching the tires, and turned right into the drive in front of the garage.  There, some of my other coworkers, and my boss, kinda gave us a funny look.  But I... well I was mega pissed off.  And it was totally obvious.  I threw the truck in park jumped out cussing like a sailor, kicked the tire, looked at my boss and said "I'm never driving this fucking piece of shit again, fucking brakes ain't worth a damn, I swear to God, I hate this truck!"  Luckily, due to the fact that I'd never done that before and was viewed as a calm person by them, boss and everyone else busted up laughing.  I couldn't help but grin after that.

---

Here's the stupidest of all.  And it's not even a story, really.

At the dance at after-prom, when I was either a junior or senior in high school, I fell and hit the back of my head on the wooden gym floor.  One of the teacher's husband was an EMT, who so happened to be there for the sake of chaperoning with his wife, so he checked me over and said I'd gotten a minor concussion...  :muffins: 

~ Miles

• Brohoof 1