Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Sunset Shimmer Return To Equestria For an Episode?

Midnight Gaze

I would love to see Sunset Shimmer coming to equestria, taking the mane six's place, becoming princess, and raising the sun and the moon everyday...  :please:

Now talking seriously, i would want to see SS in an episode adventuring in her pony form and all, but nothing more than that, she plays an important role in equestria girls now, and i want her to stay there  :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

I would love to have Sunset visit Equestria in pony form. Twilight would help reintroduce her to her friends, since the pony versions wouldn't have the benefit of knowing and befriending Sunset on her own merits. I would REALLY like to see a scene where a nervous Sunset asks for an appointment to see princess Celestia, so she can apologize to her former mentor. Celestia would of course graciously inform her that her deeds, more than words, have shown her changed nature. I want some serious heartstrings pulled!

• Brohoof 7

Here is the logical progression my headcanaon envisions.

(I just managed to hunt up super appropriate images!)

The Arrival

199218.png

A private word

224377.png

Perhaps after a few thousand years...

tumblr_nbx2tu_Cbq_C1rr5h91o1_500.png

(Couldn't find an unwatermarked version)

• Brohoof 6

I would actually really enjoy seeing Sunset return, and who knows? With Equestria Academy soon to release, we may just see something with her tie in to the FiM series eventually. It would feel kind of weird though, because out of everyone in the series, we're least used to Sunset being a pony.

Here is the logical progression my headcanaon envisions.

(I just managed to hunt up super appropriate images!)

The Arrival

img-3643694-1-199218.png

A private word

img-3643694-2-224377.png

Perhaps after a few thousand years...

img-3643694-3-tumblr_nbx2tu_Cbq_C1rr5h91

(Couldn't find an unwatermarked version)

Oh man, the fantasies, and the chances for epic stories and new adventures of the new generation of ponies. Sadly though, without the CMC and M6. 

• Brohoof 2

I suspect Sunset Shimmer will be coming home at the end of the next Equestria Girls movie. I'd expect to see her in episodes starting in season 6, or at the latest, the movie.

She has too huge a fanbase to ignore her. She'll be seen in the show, bet on it.

• Brohoof 1

It would suddenly destroy the 'Equestria Girls is not canon" idea.

I don't think they've ever implied that Equestria Girls isn't canon. They just don't reference it in the series (beyond a couple mind-breaking cameos by certain guard ponies, anyway).

• Brohoof 1

I would actually really enjoy seeing Sunset return, and who knows? With Equestria Academy soon to release, we may just see something with her tie in to the FiM series eventually. It would feel kind of weird though, because out of everyone in the series, we're least used to Sunset being a pony.

when will equestria academy be realesed! i need to how t get more Sunset!!

• Brohoof 1

I would be okay with it for several reasons, but just for a visit. 

First it would silence the arguments of people trying to claim Equestria Girls is not canon.

Second it could give Twilight a friend who has more things in common with her while reconciling loose ends before Sunset returns home acknowledging her place is in the human world and not in Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

I think Sunset could make a comeback in a season

just due to she might want to say she is sorry

and meet Twilight's fans but also maybe something

happens to Twilight and she has to come back and

save the day! :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 1

I don't see her as staying in Equestria, but I would love her visiting it to make ammends just when the next big mess is happening. The Mane6 could use a sixth ranger by now  ;)

• Brohoof 1

I would fully support a nice cameo appearance; or at least her returning in a fashion that has her directly impacting an episode.

I don't know about her returning permanently as she now has great chemistry with the Mane 5, but I WANT a cameo. :)

• Brohoof 1

It would be interesting to see her return to Equestria in one episode for a short while. I think she has assimilated to the EG world and that is now her new home. She has her friends there. 

• Brohoof 1

It would suddenly destroy the 'Equestria Girls is not canon" idea.

Wierdly enough, the EG storyline fits in the gaps between seasons, so this pony accepts it as canonical fact.

• Brohoof 2

Wierdly enough, the EG storyline fits in the gaps between seasons, so this pony accepts it as canonical fact.

Well, it is canon, its just that someponies insist it isn't.

Well, it is canon, its just that someponies insist it isn't.

That might be because, as of right now, the show itself has not acknowledged it as canon. Take Equestria Games, for instance. Spike is heralded as a hero in the Crystal Empire, but he wasn't when he returned there in the first Equestria Girls. Also, Twilight specifically states that he saved the empire "the last time [he] was there," also therefore ignoring his return in the film. 

It's really hard to acknowledge something as canon with inconsistencies such as this. However, I'm sure that will change during season 5. I would certainly be surprised if we don't end up seeing the portal in Twilight's castle sometime during the season. 

• Brohoof 1

all the yes! I don't know why she has to stay in the human world. Who knows what''ll happen with 2 of the same person running around in the same world for too long?! Things could get catastrophically chaotic! Frankly, If Sunny were to return for en episode, then it should be  at the end of season 5, where Celestia calls Twi and friends to Canterlot, right before they go off to deal with Starlight Glimmer's return, and the plot set in motion where it can bridge the gap between EQG and MLP:FIM- something along the lines of Celestia saying that Starlight is going to be too powerful for just the 6 of them to defeat on their own, and that she (Celestia) summoned her former student, Sunset, to help give them a hoof (so we can all see the giant cosmic alicorn again, with the 7 combined! :D), and when the battle's over, Celestia instructs Sunset to stay in Equestria, as backup to the Mane 6, when needed, and puts Sunny under the tutelage of Luna, for both of them to learn and grow off each other- and set up the future conclusion that we'll undoubtedly be seeing, of Sunset becoming an alicorn, at some later point in time, and ruling alongside Twilight.