Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are any of the MLP characters hateable?

Midnight Gaze

(edited)

If you think they are, why?

Edit: The mane six, specifically. In my opinion, it's really weird that people write entire rants about characters in the show when most of the characters aren't inherently bad. And sure, some people have legitimate reasons for why they don't like them, but I can't see how you could like a show if you don't like the main characters. To get that worked up over a character in a cartoon seems ridiculous.

Edited by Midnight Gaze
  • Brohoof 4

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.
Pretty self explanatory, unlikable, mean bully's with little to no redeeming factors >.<
Well, guess Silver Spoons doing it because she has no other friends but she's still unlikable.

• Brohoof 7

No. While some antagonists (DT and SS being the easiest examples) are underdeveloped, I think there are hints at depth enough for all of them to be at least remotely likable.

• Brohoof 2

Princess Luna is, honestly. She whines and complains that people aren't giving her attention but doesn't even bring it up with her sister, and she then proceeds to attempt to bring eternal night and harm her sister. She's a whiny entitled brat who doesn't even deserve 1/5 of the attention she gets, especially since she's everybrony's gamer moe waifu waifu.

She's just a dull character with an ugly color scheme.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

Well characters like Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon fit the bill. They're bullies who willing to go as far as too mock disabled kids

Though according to some people, characters like Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Luna etc., are hatable because they're "overrated" and supposedly have no redeeming qualities because reasons

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 7

@ghostfacekiller39Well characters like Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon fit the bill. They're bullies who willing to go as far as too mock disabled kids

Though according to some people, characters like Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Luna etc., are hatable because they're "overrated" and supposedly have no redeeming qualities because reasons

i remember one person in particular that had a hatred for two characters, one being fluttershy. Was really funny some of the stuff they said.

I don't really hate any except Gilda. Even diamond tiara and silver spoon are alright, because they're kinda funny to me. Also Trixie is alright. If you look at something @ghostfacekiller39 has done about her before, you could see her actions as understandable and possibly relate to her. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Diamond Tiara, Trixie, etc.

I thought trixie became a friend in her last episode :/

Although Gilda, Silverspoon and Diamond Tiara I agree are douches

Edited by DemonicBox
  • Brohoof 1

Obviously, we are supposed to hate the antagonists. But the thing is, we love to hate the antagonists. If you love to hate an antagonist, the antagonist is doing a good job.

But i never hated a character really, like truly hate.

• Brohoof 4

Princess Luna is, honestly. She whines and complains that people aren't giving her attention but doesn't even bring it up with her sister, and she then proceeds to attempt to bring eternal night and harm her sister. She's a whiny entitled brat who doesn't even deserve 1/5 of the attention she gets, especially since she's everybrony's gamer moe waifu waifu.

How is she entitled?

She's only been shown in a few episodes, so it's kind of hard to sum up her entire personality. Are we even watching the same show? XD

• Brohoof 1

I thought trixie became a friend in her last episode :/

Although Gilda, Silverspoon and Diamond Tiara I agree are douches

I guess she redeemed herself, but she was pretty damn hateable in the first one, and through most of the second one too.

• Brohoof 1

snap

And of course there are hateable characters, isn't that what antagonists are for?

• Brohoof 2

Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, I can see some people hating Flim and Flam, then obviously there's Gilda. But there's reasons for all of those. DT and SS bully around the CMCs for little to no reason at all, Flim and Flam tried to run Applejack and her family off the farm once upon a time, then Gilda made Fluttershy cry. Seems like good reasons to me.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Gilda, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon and Starlight Glimmer (I HATE the communistic/fascism philosophy of hers (which is no different from Adolf Hitler's fascism) and she is just stubborn).

Other MLP characters who may be jerks are meh. The four I mentioned above are the ones I dislike the most.

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 2

If you are just being a troll, bravo. But if you are being serious, well, Luna seemed very depressed, and this didnt happen overnight. These feeling probably were building up for even 100s of years until her envy overtook her. And most depressed people dont tell their loved ones. Also, how would you feel if you were in her position, always in the shadow of someone who is SUPPOSE to be your equal? Never appreciated by the masses, taken for granted.

• Brohoof 5

Aometimes, fans just get ridiculous when it comes to ranting about a character.

(I've done it myself over RainbowDash. I despise her).

But then you might as well consider people who overly love the character(s).

Now those people are freaking ridiculous.

Agreed.

Not to mention she is just overrated in every sense of the word  >_>

• Brohoof 1

Honestly no . It's true we've had underdeveloped characters like Diamond Tiara , Silver Spoon , Gilda etc but they can be fixed with characterization . I have a feeling now that we have a villain having to do with cutie marks DT and SS will finally not be as flat .

The character I come closet to hating is Garble ( abd a certain plot device that must not be named but he's not important ) . As for Trixie haters on this thread I can't help but feel ashamed of you considering we have a main character who brags just as much as she does ok my rant is over thank you .

• Brohoof 2

I personally have a dislike for Fluttershy. I dunno I just don't like her as much as everyone does.

It may be her attitude all the time or the fact her personality mirrors mine. But it's mostly because her entire character revolves around her shyness and her popularity around her cuteness

• Brohoof 3