Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are any of the MLP characters hateable?

Midnight Gaze

lol@everyone picking RD and Rarity, cherry-picking one or two times they screwed up and acting as if those moments define the character

• Brohoof 4

Yep that's why I have a nickname for RD I call her " the Cartman of MLP " because when it comes right down to it those two are both spolied , lazy and arrogant most of the time and get way to much attention . As you can tell by my avatar I love the fatass too but him and Dash are two characters I'd high five and kick the ass of if I met them .

Rainbow Dash just as bad as Cartman? No. Just no. Did Rainbow Dash feed someone their parents because they didnt pay him back? Did Rainbow Dash take advantage of her friend's death to do some ploy with stim cells to bring back a restaurant or whatever that was closing down? Did Rainbow Dash ally herself with Cthulhu and have him send her friends to some eldrich land because they kicked her out of a fake superhero club? Im just naming a few. Rainbow Dash is a good per- i mean pony who has someone jerkish attitudes. Cartman is an evil person who will occasionally do good if it benefits him.

Rainbow Dash just pas bad as Cartman? No. Just no. Did Rainbow Dash feed someone their parents because they didnt pay him back? Did Rainbow Dash take advantage of her friend's death to do some ploy with stim cells to bring back a restaurant or whatever that was closing down? Did Rainbow Dash ally herself with Cthulhu and have him send her friends to some eldrich land because they kicked her out of a fake superhero club? Im just naming a few. Rainbow Dash is a good per- i mean pony who has someone jerkish attitudes. Cartman is an evil person who will occasionally do good if it benefits him.

I understand what your saying . However while Dash is at as bad as Cartman ( fir the simple reason of it being a kids show ). If the two shows both shared a rating they wouid be very very similar in personality . To me they are the " asshole " of their respective groups . Almost every group has one . The one that is the most agree since , arrogant , lazy , egotistical etc .not being a " villian to their group but being a pain in the ass . They still have their redeemable moments ( like their cute moments with Butters and Fluttershy respectively . I don't see Cartman as fully evil either I see him as chaotic neutral ( greedy and selfish but not a huge threat .) I think he might honestly have a mental issue . Like severe egomania . Let's not forget also that RD loves publicity and ste reacted to the mysterious mare do very similar to how Cartman reacted to mystrion . Not to mention in MLP psridies of South Park Dash almost always plays Cartman .

I understand what your saying . However while Dash is at as bad as Cartman ( fir the simple reason of it being a kids show ). If the two shows both shared a rating they wouid be very very similar in personality . To me they are the " asshole " of their respective groups . Almost every group has one . The one that is the most agree since , arrogant , lazy , egotistical etc .not being a " villian to their group but being a pain in the ass . They still have their redeemable moments ( like their cute moments with Butters and Fluttershy respectively . I don't see Cartman as fully evil either I see him as chaotic neutral ( greedy and selfish but not a huge threat .) I think he might honestly have a mental issue . Like severe egomania . Let's not forget also that RD loves publicity and ste reacted to the mysterious mare do very similar to how Cartman reacted to mystrion . Not to mention in MLP psridies of South Park Dash almost always plays Cartman .

Rainbow Dash can be arrogant at times. But, when it actually MATTERS, she will always come through for her friends. Rainbow Dash is NOT evil. In fact, she is barely a jerk. IMO I think you are just exaggerating her negative traits. Also, LAZY? Rainbow Dash is perhaps the most active of the group, tied or second only to Applejack. She takes naps in order to conserve her energy. Also, Cartman would have been more like Lightning Dust than Rainbow Dash if he was in "Wonderbolt Academy". 

Also please try to check what you wrote and edit it before you post. Had a hard time understanding what you were saying.

Edited by Cobalt-Willow
  • Brohoof 2

I agree with you that Dartnan is similar to lightening dust but that is where the agreement ends . One while it is true she isn't arrogent during times of need she's undobutfully one of the top 4 most boastful MLP characters .( tye otyer 3 being Discord , Lighening Dust and Trixie ) . Another thing her laziness . I've seem pics where the ponies have been compared to the 7 deadly sins and the most common sin that Dash was accused of was sloth aka the sin of laziness ! ( I'm not a religious person I jist thiught it was relevant to the subject .). .

Next I'll addrss the point you made about Dash being " barely a jerk " I disagree .let me give you a example she almost sold Flutteehy into slavery for a book ! Come on who does that ?! That sounds like something Cartman wouid do to Butters .( except replace the daring do book with KFC ) .also analyse this quote " it should be the Rainbow Dash show I'm the star!" Yeah .. That's not arrogance ?! Also her rather common use of the word " egghead " towards Twilight reminds me of how Cartnan insults Kyle by calling him " Jew " .

Also you can't deny the similarly between " the mysterious mare do well " and " the coon trilogy " that I brought up .

One last thing . By stating tye fact that Cartman and lightening were similar indirectly proved my point because Rainbow Dash and Lightening Dust are similar .

I rest my case .

I agree with you that Dartnan is similar to lightening dust but that is where the agreement ends . One while it is true she isn't arrogent during times of need she's undobutfully one of the top 4 most boastful MLP characters .( tye otyer 3 being Discord , Lighening Dust and Trixie ) . Another thing her laziness . I've seem pics where the ponies have been compared to the 7 deadly sins and the most common sin that Dash was accused of was sloth aka the sin of laziness ! ( I'm not a religious person I jist thiught it was relevant to the subject .). .

Next I'll addrss the point you made about Dash being " barely a jerk " I disagree .let me give you a example she almost sold Flutteehy into slavery for a book

Stopped reading right there

In short, RD can have her moments of boastfulness, jerkiness, arrogance, etc. but they are no where near(lightyears apart) as you or anyone else makes them out to be. And Cartman is in a different ballpark all together, he's flat out evil. The things Cartman does RD would undoubtedly look at in disgust and any sane person would agree on that. 

And I don't even know why we are comparing the two to begin with, they're too completely different characters from two completely different shows

And for people saying someone in the mane six, specifically RD and Rarity, that is based off like one or two episodes where they do something bad, but then learn something at the end. For character development to happen, you have to get the character to show their flaws at present, so they can be improved.

• Brohoof 5

Well we were comparing them because a member by tye name of Tao mentioned his dislike for Rainbow Dash and I aggrred with him and I deciedied to compare her to another cartoon jerk I'm a fan of . As for the " evil" alignment you've given Cartjan while I don't deny he's a sociopath I put him , RD and Lightening Dust ( who was brought up earlier ) . Under the chaotic neutral alignment .

Also I wouldn't call SP and MLP completiy diffferent note these multiple crossovers https://derpiboo.ru/818651?scope=scpe53aa43e6d18a0033a40ba7ebd59128444b9fbd76

https://derpiboo.ru/734352?scope=scpe53aa43e6d18a0033a40ba7ebd59128444b9fbd76

https://derpiboo.ru/310070?scope=scpe74a1136043d8794a9be26784ca9615137f47a2c8

In every picture where Cartman was featured with ponies on derpibooru RD was there these were just a few examples .

Well we were comparing them because a member by tye name of Tao mentioned his dislike for Rainbow Dash and I aggrred with him and I deciedied to compare her to another cartoon jerk I'm a fan of . As for the " evil" alignment you've given Cartjan while I don't deny he's a sociopath I put him , RD and Lightening Dust ( who was brought up earlier ) . Under the chaotic neutral alignment .

Also I wouldn't call SP and MLP completiy diffferent note these multiple crossovers https://derpiboo.ru/818651?scope=scpe53aa43e6d18a0033a40ba7ebd59128444b9fbd76

https://derpiboo.ru/734352?scope=scpe53aa43e6d18a0033a40ba7ebd59128444b9fbd76

https://derpiboo.ru/310070?scope=scpe74a1136043d8794a9be26784ca9615137f47a2c8

In every picture where Cartman was featured with ponies on derpibooru RD was there these were just a few examples .

So we're comparing Rainbow Dash to Eric Cartman? That's kind of an odd comparison since Rainbow Dash isn't a psychopath. Did Rainbow Dash make someone she hastes eat their own parents? Did Rainbow Dash attempt to freeze herself just for a Wii? And finally, does Dash intentionally publicly exploit and humiliate her friends just for for an ego boost? The worse she'll do is brag a bit but never go to THOSE lengths. I've noted that when she does get arrogant, it's never at the danger of her friends. Oh, and she actually has goals and dreams other than to piss people off just because.

Oh, and the crossover thing. Everything is crossed over with MLP on the internet.

Edited by ChikoritaBrony
  • Brohoof 2

Hey what can I say you bring up something namely a character on a site like this and a cove satin or disagreement can sprout very quickly not my fault .* shrugs * and I didn't say they were exactly alike I said they had certain similarities thst make me compate them often . Also yes I know almost everything has been crossed with MLP . The point was that in most art or visous I see where there is a MLP agd South Park crossover Dash has been shown either hang out with or being casted as Cartman ( Pinkie's played his role a few times too but not as much ). Of coarse there are characters with more petsonalitues more similar to him ( LD and Discord for example ) . How about this you guys have your opiojns and Tao ( who brohoofed by original post ) have ours ? Discussion ended .

Uh, Diamond Tiara. She's a really nasty pony. Hopefully when she get olders, she doesn't stay like that.

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 1

I do hate Gilda. But as for the Mane 6, not really. I get annoyed by Apple Jack and Fluttershy to an extent, but they are certainly not hateable. I just get irritated by Fluttershy's doormat nature. People in real life annoy me when they act that way too. You can be assertive and still be nice! I can almost feel her anguish secondhand when she says yes to something she isn't really comfortable with, but when she does The Stare, my respect for her returns. My issue with Apple Jack, on the other hand, is just silly really. It's her Southern-isms that annoy me. I live in the Southern U.S., and hear SOOOOO many people talk like that in my day-to-day life, and I just want to hit them on the head with a grammar book. BUT ANYWAY.....

Diamond Tiara and Babs Seed. These characters need to be thrown into a car compacter, they are that hateable. Diamond Tiara is just some spoiled rich kid that feels the need to terrorise anypony who she thinks is inferior to her. Oh, and she's just fucking annoying at times.

As for Babs Seed, she's just a sadistic, heartless bitch. She sided with Diamond Tiara and fucking TORMENTED Apple Bloom just because she was mocked for being a blank flank, even though Apple Bloom is also a blank flank. And I don't care if she was being nice in Apple Family Reunion, the damage has been done.

good point I jist fel like Sombra tries to take back one kingdom and he gets the drath penalty but Tirek tries to suck all the magic in the world up and he gets life in prison / hell to me it seems like their punishments should switched .

Ask any religious person and they will tell you that eternity in hell is worse than death.

Diamond Tiara and Babs Seed. These characters need to be thrown into a car compacter, they are that hateable. Diamond Tiara is just some spoiled rich kid that feels the need to terrorise anypony who she thinks is inferior to her. Oh, and she's just fucking annoying at times.

As for Babs Seed, she's just a sadistic, heartless bitch. She sided with Diamond Tiara and fucking TORMENTED Apple Bloom just because she was mocked for being a blank flank, even though Apple Bloom is also a blank flank. And I don't care if she was being nice in Apple Family Reunion, the damage has been done.

Babs Seed got redemption. She is trying to better herself. Diamond Tiara has done NOTHING to redeem herself. But i guess where you come from redemption doesnt exist and if you do a minor wrong thing, no matter how much you try to improve yourself, you are damned. So, i guess no point trying to be a better person, just keep being evil.

Edited by Cobalt-Willow

Well there is Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon and then you've got Spike who I just do not like but prettty sure that is just me.

Flim and Flam are also two ponies I'd love to give a kick in the face to.

Ask any religious person and they will tell you that eternity in hell is worse than death.

Are you saying that Sombra wouldn't go to pony hell (Which is a REAL PLACE that you WILL be sent at the first sign of dissobedience!) after his death?  :P

Its moot anyways, the comic heavily implies he actually DID survive by virtue of his horn surviving.

I guess I don't really hate anyone... I strongly dislike Fluttershy because she is only good at protecting others, not herself... She can do nothing for her own good.

I totally hated Trixie at first but now I see she's just a bit of a nuisance and I find her kinda funny.

Now I actually can't stand Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. I really didn't like Lightning Dust either. She's kind of a jerk. I actually hated Gilda.

I guess I do hate somepony.

• Brohoof 1

I kinda dislike Rainbow Dash. Her ego is too big it could possibly explode. But I would blame whoever wrote her that way in this generation of ponies, and I like the old generation version of Rainbow Dash. I found her cute, chic, and graceful.

Feel free to say anything you will, but her personality makes her more like a jerk than an element of loyalty.

• Brohoof 1

Well, a LOT of bronies dislike DT and SS, as has been mentioned here, but I think they are just lacking in self confidence and bidding for attention.

The one I don't get is why everybody seems to want to see Gilda back. I mean, she had a nice design, and I don't want her to die or anything like that I just think there are some less hateful characters that would much more deserve the screen time.

Also, fanon has really sugar-coated her, but canon Bon-Bon is kind of a jerk in her few speaking roles. Hoping maybe they give her some development (and a single voice) in ep. 100