Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are any of the MLP characters hateable?

Midnight Gaze

...Well...don't hate me but I think Twilight is hateable.  She strikes me as annoying and I really don't like know it alls, especially all powerful know it alls.

Twilight isnt a know it all, and isnt her fault she is a prodigy, And most episodes have things backfire on her when she uses magic to fix a problem.

Twilight isnt a know it all, and isnt her fault she is a prodigy, And most episodes have things backfire on her when she uses magic to fix a problem.

Sorry it's just my opinion.

I really don't like Diamond Tiara, the teen dragons, Prince Blueblood and Silver Spoon at all. Then again, we were supposed to dislike them in the first place, and they did a good job with that.

Diamond Tiara - She usually doesn't seem to get punished for her actions. She is also extremely ungrateful and arrogant. Ditto with Silver Spoon, though she can be likeable on rare occasions.

The teen dragons - Same with Diamond Tiara, except they don't get berated for their arrogance one iota. Thankfully, they only appeared in one episode.

Prince Blueblood - "You are nothing but a royal pain!" doesn't even summarise him. He insults Rarity to her face, and he gets called out on his boorish behaviour.

You would be in the minority on that. Yesterday won a lot of people over for her, and rightfully so. Only a handful are holding onto this stupid fad of being overly critical of her for really weak reasons.

She did what she did out of love for her pet. NOT selfishness. 

I'm sorry, but this is getting ridiculous.

Out of love would be sacrificing her own desires for his needs. So it came of as pretty selfish to me. Regardless, I care little about being in majority or minority.

As for FLuttershy, that should not make her HATEABLE. Sure, that would make her annoying and unrealistic, but not hateable. Then again, i tend to do somethings similar to Fluttershy, so maybe i can relate to her better.

I hate annoying and unrealistic characters, personally. I wouldn't hate her as a real person, I just think she's annoying, personally.

I tend to do things similar to her too, but she's still written horribly. She was like conceived as a character that could feel real, but it feels like everything she does is written by people who just want to make her "cute". All of her dialog is just annoying and lame.

I hate annoying and unrealistic characters, personally. I wouldn't hate her as a real person, I just think she's annoying, personally.

I tend to do things similar to her too, but she's still written horribly. She was like conceived as a character that could feel real, but it feels like everything she does is written by people who just want to make her "cute". All of her dialog is just annoying and lame.

Season 5 appears to be changing things for her. :)

Are any of the MLP characters hateable?  Bucking Owlowiscious, that's who.  :okiedokielokie:

300px-Owllicious_by_blackm3sh-d3elqww.pn

I really shouldn't hate this guy, but I do with a fiery passion!  Why?  Why do I hate this guy when there are far more unlikable characters like Diamond Tiara or Tirek?  Well, it all comes down to how you define "unlikable".  Characters like DT, Tirek, etc., they do bad, annoying, or even loathsome things.  But, to their credit, they are at least entertaining!  They leave an actual impression!  Owlowiscious is offensive in the sense that he is offensively boring and useless.  His 'Hoo' gag is annoying as buck and overplayed, he barely does anything at all, but it doesn't ever seem like he does anything wrong, either, so he's practically a Gary Stu in that regard.  There is just not one thing I like about him, and I get really ticked off anytime he shows up on screen.  He's just so dull!  :angry:

Are any of the MLP characters hateable? Bucking Owlowiscious, that's who. :okiedokielokie:

img-3713155-1-300px-Owllicious_by_blackm

I really shouldn't hate this guy, but I do with a fiery passion! Why? Why do I hate this guy when there are far more unlikable characters like Diamond Tiara or Tirek? Well, it all comes down to how you define "unlikable". Characters like DT, Tirek, etc., they do bad, annoying, or even loathsome things. But, to their credit, they are at least entertaining! They leave an actual impression! Owlowiscious is offensive in the sense that he is offensively boring and useless. His 'Hoo' gag is annoying as buck and overplayed, he barely does anything at all, but it doesn't ever seem like he does anything wrong, either, so he's practically a Gary Stu in that regard. There is just not one thing I like about him, and I get really ticked off anytime he shows up on screen. He's just so dull! :angry:

Um, dude.... he's an owl and exists for that one episode about him. What exactly do you want from him?

Um, dude.... he's an owl and exists for that one episode about him. What exactly do you want from him?

I was mostly just being over-the-top for the sake of being over-the-top.  Obviously it's not like I have a grudge against him or anything.  But the thread asked if I hate any of the characters, and that's really the only character in the show that I get no pleasure out of watching, so there you have it.  -_-