Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are any of the MLP characters hateable?

Midnight Gaze

trixie is awesome, y'all are just jealous of her great and powerfulness.

seriously though, i have a hard time hating on fictional characters in general.

i even fund diamond tiara and silver spoon to be enjoyable characters, since i can see them for who they are: 2-dimensional characters that just exist to be the bad guys for a few episodes.

A lot of people saying Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara, which surprises me because I find them completely adorable.

In Flight to the Finish they're pretty nasty, I grant you that, but they're much more loveable on their other appearances.

Trixie is also lovely. Remember that much of her nastiness in Magic Duel stemmed from the alicorn amulet. If you put that aside, she's arrogant, sure, and prone to exaggeration. But in her line of work, being humble doesn't pay the bills.

Edited by Vital Spark

Diamond Tiara. She is pretty much the Angelica of ponies, and as a kid I couldn't stand her. >_<

• Brohoof 2

A lot of people saying Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara, which surprises me because I find them completely adorable.

The problem is that they don't have any purpose in the show whatsoever except for giving the CMC hell. Even in other shows where there are characters who mostly exist to antagonize the protagonists, they often receive development every now and then (for instance, Angelica from Rugrats). But DT and SS haven't. 

The problem is that they don't have any purpose in the show whatsoever except for giving the CMC hell. Even in other shows where there are characters who mostly exist to antagonize the protagonists, they often receive development every now and then (for instance, Angelica from Rugrats). But DT and SS haven't.

well we have gotten info from Diamond's actress that we'd see mlre characterization for her this Eason that'll be good to see its about time she had more light shined on her .

Snips and Snails. They're supposed to be lovable comic relief characters, but I just find them annoying.

amen Ive seen stupid chractera before ( Cosmo , cheese , Ed from Ed edd and eddy ed tye hyena , spongebob ) but these two are right up there with Patrick star on the moron neater I honestly wish they'd ne censored insted of derpy they're the real retards .

The problem is that they don't have any purpose in the show whatsoever except for giving the CMC hell. Even in other shows where there are characters who mostly exist to antagonize the protagonists, they often receive development every now and then (for instance, Angelica from Rugrats). But DT and SS haven't.

But even when they're being antagonistic, they do so in a cute manner.

Also, watch the part in Twilight Time where they fangirl over meeting Princess Twilight. I defy anybody to hate them after seeing that.

1. Starlight Glimmer topped the lists.  Until she shows her backstory as to why she's like this, shes the number one pony I don't like at all.

Trixie.  It just makes me cringe when people refer to themselves in the third person or pony for that matter. However I can't help but like how nice her mane looks in the show and fanart.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. I have a distaste for bullies no matter how old they are.

Flim and Flam. Running Applejack out of her home.  Need I say more?

• Brohoof 1

Of the Mane Six as the OP stipulated? Absolutely not! I love all of them in different measures, Rainbow Dash the least, but "least loved" is still loved. I mean all of them are likable, relatable, admirable, pitiable. They're all nicely rounded characters and great models but still recognizably human.

On the other hoof . . . . .

img-3665126-1-Hyperdrive_vectoring_smirk

img-3665126-2-GildaVector.png

img-3665126-3-season_5_premiere_starligh

Die in a fire, all of you . . . specifically HELLFIRE! :angry:

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2

Gotta say, I'm kinda surprised to see Luna haters come out for a topic like this. But here they are. The only response that deserves is as follows:

The OP specifies that the question is for the Mane Six, and my answer would just be no. They're only hateable if you're choosing to ignore certain aspects of their character. For every negative quality each of the Mane Six has, they have about a half dozen positive ones. And the negative ones are only focused on because we need to have a Problem of the Week for them to solve.

As far as the minor characters go, I'll echo most of the sentiments I'm seeing here, but I will say I think Silver Spoon should be cut just a little bit of slack. It seems pretty obvious to me that Diamond Tiara is the leader of that duo and SS is the follower. I have a feeling there might be more to her character that we haven't seen yet, which is something I can't say for Diamond Tiara.

• Brohoof 2

I don't hate any of the mane six anymore, but I used to hate Twilight. It was for reasons out self loathing though. Twilight was too much like me, I hated myself, you get the idea. She has grown on me though. She actually surpassed Fluttershy in the latest episode when she kicked Satan... I mean Angel... In the mud.

I hate Angel. He had his good moments, but he's a jerk for the most part.

I don't think I've ever really hated a character (save King Sombra, but I think everyone hated him for poor development lol), but I did not like the Mane six minus Pinkie Pie in the way they treated Maud Pie. I felt they were being a little selfish, personally.

Diamond Tiara is the worst. As mentioned before, I curse at my computer monitor and give the finger at her presence in the show like a person who takes the show too seriously. She has done nothing out of goodwill and, instead, actively degrades others and only supposedly does "good" deeds out of her own interests. Her lowest point was perhaps insulting Scootaloo for her potential flight disability.

Silver Spoon is redeemable because I see her character more as influenced by that of Diamond Tiara rather than being hers inherently.

By no means is she the only hateworthy character, but she's definitely #1 in my opinion.

(save King Sombra, but I think everyone hated him for poor development lol)

Actually I would probably consider him my favourite villain, but perhaps more than anything is because of his potential; what sort of leader he may have been during his reign in the Crystal Empire.

Edit: O. Mane6. In that case, they could be irritating at times but by no means are they hateworthy in my opinion; good far outweighs bad.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 1

I find the mane 6 to be hateable at their own little times.

Twilight when she's being that "Oh don't mind me I'm a princess but I'll let people boss me around" and the "I'm a nerd" kind of pony.

Rainbow when she's just being an idiot...

Applejack when... well... I can't really find much to hate about her...

Rarity when she's being just that pony...

Pinkie when she's being too loud and over-obnoxious

Fluttershy when we know she can stand up to what is happening, but nope... she'll let it go...

But none of these really make me hate the ponies. Now with hate... I think Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon have to come somewhere in the lines of hate. The way they specifically picked on Scootaloo's disability... I mean... wow...that's bloody horrible... and just the way they just... and they... *hold me back guys* and... AAAAHH **** ***  **** *******.

Brad. Lack of backstory, used only and solely as a plot device and unites multiple cliches and stereotypes in a show I fell in love with for challenging them. Also, his rise to become a princesses personal guard and another's "love interest" is way too fast for any decent character, and even novice writers will see the Gary Stu under him.

Brad. Lack of backstory, used only and solely as a plot device and unites multiple cliches and stereotypes in a show I fell in love with for challenging them. Also, his rise to become a princesses personal guard and another's "love interest" is way too fast for any decent character, and even novice writers will see the Gary Stu under him.

Brad's real name is Flash Sentry, BTW.

Not particularly, unless you mean to specific people. There's no universally hated character; I like Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, and I know some people who like Snips, Snails and even Twist.

Now for specific people, different attitudes just cause different reactions. There's plenty of reasons to hate a character, and there's nothing wrong with it in itself. There's only a problem if you know that there are a lot of people who feel differently than you, and you drag everybody into a meaningless conversation (ala "Am I the only one who doesn't like (Insert Mane Six)? threads)

Diamond Tiara is the worst. As mentioned before, I curse at my computer monitor and give the finger at her presence in the show like a person who takes the show too seriously. She has done nothing out of goodwill and, instead, actively degrades others and only supposedly does "good" deeds out of her own interests. Her lowest point was perhaps insulting Scootaloo for her potential flight disability.

Silver Spoon is redeemable because I see her character more as influenced by that of Diamond Tiara rather than being hers inherently.

By no means is she the only hateworthy character, but she's definitely #1 in my opinion.

Jeez, that's harsh. :o Not saying you're wrong about any of the facts(except maybe Silver Spoon), necessarily, but... yeesh. :blink:

Not particularly, unless you mean to specific people. There's no universally hated character; I like Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, and I know some people who like Snips, Snails and even Twist.

Now for specific people, different attitudes just cause different reactions. There's plenty of reasons to hate a character, and there's nothing wrong with it in itself. There's only a problem if you know that there are a lot of people who feel differently than you, and you drag everybody into a meaningless conversation (ala "Am I the only one who doesn't like (Insert Mane Six)? threads)

Jeez, that's harsh. :o Not saying you're wrong about any of the facts(except maybe Silver Spoon), necessarily, but... yeesh. :blink:

Yeah I agree I don't exactly condone Diamond's actions in that episode but that's a bit harsh . I'm not the biggest DT fan but she's redeemable in my eyes

Brad's real name is Flash Sentry, BTW.

I realize that, and the reason why I didn't say Flash Sentry is because I do not hate him, except for the ridiculously fast promotion. Flash has potential, and giving him a backstory and making him appear in other episodes would make him a better character. Brad however, has been featured in 2 movies and has no role whatsoever.

• Brohoof 1

It's possible to hate any of the characters as far as I'm concerned. If you don't like something about them, it's possible you hate them (though 'hate' is a strong word).

I, for one, hate Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon because they are bullies. Bully characters always annoy me, so I know I'll never like them.

• Brohoof 2