Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are any of the MLP characters hateable?

Midnight Gaze

Sombra being blown to bits was only collateral damage; they were just trying to repel him.

And the Empire was actually said to have enough magic to influence the rest of Equestria, so he was technically attacking the whole world at the same time.

I guess you right I jist think that if the writers gave him more time he could've been a truly wonderful villiain so I was kind of posed when he died even if it wasn't 100 percent intended by the mane 6.

I don't think you can really say hate about any character. It's not like they're all scum of the earth or something.

You can strongly dislike a character, like how I strongly dislike Trixie, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, Snips, and Snails.

• Brohoof 1

In the first EQG, yes, but Rainbow Rocks improved her immensely.

Really? *phew*

I'm glad. I haven't seem that one yet, but I always hated how they just instantly reformed her after beating the crap outta her.

I don't hate any of the characters in MLP but there are characters that do not endear themselves to me, usually for one of two reasons:

A) They are characters meant to be hated, like Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon, they are bullies and act as such.

or 

B ) They feel forced on by the narrative, such as with Flash and Starlight Glimmer (Yes I do not care for her, you may now pelt me with rotten vegetables).  With both I feel like I'm meant to like(or at least empathize/relate with) WHAT they are over WHO they are and as such I don't care for them, ironic as that is the opposite reaction of what's intended. 

Edited by Sidral Mundet

I hate Rainbow Dash: Why?

I over all just don't like her whole cannon/traits and I

see nothing redeeming about her in given she is always

put into the same shape and act...(yes we can put this

on the writers) but yah I don't like her...

• Brohoof 1

I actually see where you're coming from i both hate and love RD at he same time .. That's why she's a antagonist in most of my fics . I like arrogant characters like her because they're funny but dislike them because they're annoying .
  • Brohoof 1

I actually see where you're coming from i both hate and love RD at he same time .. That's why she's a antagonist in most of my fics . I like arrogant characters like her because they're funny but dislike them because they're annoying .

yah I can feel yah,  i mean in some fics,  i do like her in how shes written by those fans but show wise, i'd

kick her flank to the edge of the world given how she acts to some of her friends half the time..

Hmm, not really.

That's one of the reasons why I love the show. Almost every character has something to like about them, unlike some current shows.. :okiedokielokie:

The only one I can think of is Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. I know that some people actually like them (yeah, I agree they're underdeveloped and could be interesting characters) but they're harsh sometimes. When you think about it, they don't even have a reason to be bullying ponies anyway.

Gilda was terrible and I have no problem with Trixie. Trixie's behavior in Magic Duel was pretty harsh (seriously, making Twilight leave Ponyville forever and forcing the mane 6 to work?) but she redeemed herself so I guess it's fine now.

Edited by PonyLaces

If you think they are, why?

Edit: The mane six, specifically. In my opinion, it's really weird that people write entire rants about characters in the show when most of the characters aren't inherently bad. And sure, some people have legitimate reasons for why they don't like them, but I can't see how you could like a show if you don't like the main characters. To get that worked up over a character in a cartoon seems ridiculous.

I think with the question you're asking, a lot of whether a character is liked or disliked has a lot to do with opinions. For example, Pinkie Pie is my least favorite of the Mane 6, because I find some of her mannerisms to be very irritating, but she is the favorite pony of other people. I'm also not a big fan of Fluttershy either. I like her more than Pinkie, but I don't like her because she reminds me personally a lot of Mary-sue characters I've seen, and her being scared of so many things really puts me off. Again, this is my opinion because she is the favorite pony of other people. I'm not saying I hate them by any means, but out of the Mane 6 they aren't my personal.

That's why likes and dislikes for each person are different; no one is quite the same, and we each have our own opinions. The thing to remember is to not try to force your opinions on others that don't think the way you do, because that just starts a whole shed-load of trouble.

• Brohoof 2

yah I can feel yah,  i mean in some fics,  i do like her in how shes written by those fans but show wise, i'd

kick her flank to the edge of the world given how she acts to some of her friends half the time..

Yep that's why I have a nickname for RD I call her " the Cartman of MLP " because when it comes right down to it those two are both spolied , lazy and arrogant most of the time and get way to much attention . As you can tell by my avatar I love the fatass too but him and Dash are two characters I'd high five and kick the ass of if I met them .
  • Brohoof 1

Rarity.

I am going to be SOOO hated.

Okay, she isn't a bad character. The writers just have no idea what they're doing with her.

No idea what they are doing with her? What is that even supposed to mean? Rarity gets the most mature themes in her episodes constantly, she is THE pony for that. And she had a steady and very visible growth when it comes to the relationship with her sister.

How do they know less what they are doing with Rarity than with Fluttershy for example, who constantly has to relearn what she learned in her last episode, and it never sticks. Or what about Pinkie, who constantly gets used for comic relief these days and not much else? Rarity has a much more visible character progression than those two, for example.

And how is all that a reason to hate a character? I think the writers dont know what they do with her, so i hate that character?

sorry if she is your favorite pony but rarity can get REALLY anoying. no kidding.

dont judge my spelling.

I find Pinkie and Fluttershy annoying sometimes... But that does not make me hate them... i dont even dislike them...

• Brohoof 5

I don't like canon Dash but I'm a sucker for the way fic writers handle her. Same with Trixie. 

• Brohoof 2

The only characters I hate, are Gilda, for obvious reasons, Flim and Flam, for also obvious reasons, Blue Blood, (I'm not even going to say the reasons anymore,) Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

Especially Diamond Tiara.

Good.

I tend ot think about this often. Though Fluttershy is my favorite out of the mane 6, She would probably make the worst girlfriend for me. Her innocense and kindness sometimes get out of line to the point where you have to argue and explain to her things. In a way she lacks some sense that Pinkie Pie has. I could only imagine a long life with fluttershy and Im the one always feeling like the bad guy...
(Just my own personal though)

Edited by SoGxTrixie

No idea what they are doing with her? What is that even supposed to mean? Rarity gets the most mature themes in her episodes constantly, she is THE pony for that. And she had a steady and very visible growth when it comes to the relationship with her sister.

How do they know less what they are doing with Rarity than with Fluttershy for example, who constantly has to relearn what she learned in her last episode, and it never sticks. Or what about Pinkie, who constantly gets used for comic relief these days and not much else? Rarity has a much more visible character progression than those two, for example.

And how is all that a reason to hate a character? I think the writers dont know what they do with her, so i hate that character?

The problem is how she acts when she isn't doing this stuff: a manipulative, selfish jerk, a lot of the time.

The problem is how she acts when she isn't doing this stuff: a manipulative, selfish jerk, a lot of the time.

Im pretty sure you also can come up with some examples, because just stating that she is manipulative and a selfish jerk does not really give you any kind of leverage.

Im pretty sure you also can come up with some examples, because just stating that she is manipulative and a selfish jerk does not really give you any kind of leverage.

Secret of my Excess and Putting Your Hoof Down, at least for the manipulative part. And I know there was one time where I was like "Rarity you JERK" at something she was doing, but I couldn't put the episode.

The only hatable characters in my eyes are the characters who are meant to be hatable. IE, any antagonist, not that that's a bad thing. If they're hatable, then the writers are doing a great job.

Heck, Flash Sentry's not even hatable. Generic does not equal hatable, it equals generic.

• Brohoof 1

Secret of my Excess and Putting Your Hoof Down, at least for the manipulative part. And I know there was one time where I was like "Rarity you JERK" at something she was doing, but I couldn't put the episode.

Hmmm, Secret of my Excess?... Oh you mean the Fire Ruby scene... Well, im sorry, but...

post-25189-0-13899000-1397658684_thumb.png

Thats a tweet from M.A. Larson, who wrote the episode, btw. So yeah... So much for that.

And in Putting your Hoof Down she actually tried to help Fluttershy to be more confident. She convinced the Nerd Pony to give her the asperagus, made him feel better about himself, and even gave him the money back even though he was more than willing to just give it to her just like that.

All in all it was a pretty good deal for that guy. He didnt lose anything, insetad he got the attention of the most gorgeous mare in Equestria... Heck, i would be pretty cool with some stunningly gorgeous women walking up to me, and sweettalking me out of some vegetables, AND giving me the money back.

And im pretty sure there is a scene where you could go "RANDOM CHARACTER, YOU JERK" for every mane6. or rather several scenes, seems a bit lacking as a reason to hate somepony.

Fluttershy was a jerk to Pinkie, and Rarity, and a bunch of other innocents in Putting your Hoof Down for example... this was probably the most mean spirited thing that ever a mane6 did to somepony... And i didn't hate her for it. Do you hate her for it?

• Brohoof 3

Hate to break it to ya, but if you tried to take on RD, you'd be the one getting your flank kicked. Besides, I think she's way more admirable than Rarity. She's done way good than her as far as I'm concerned. 

Rainbow Dash

She's overated, a show off, and is the stereotype that most of the time are total jerks; the jock.

There's nothing wrong with her taking pride in what she does. Being a jock is not a bad thing at all. I think it' extremely shallow of you to say that.

Hate to break it to ya, but if you tried to take on RD, you'd be the one getting your flank kicked. Besides, I think she's way more admirable than Rarity. She's done way good than her as far as I'm concerned. 

There's nothing wrong with her taking pride in what she does. Being a jock is not a bad thing at all. I think it' extremely shallow of you to say that.

honestky Twi and Applejack are far more admirable then either of those two . Rarity's not that bad except for being greedy and friend zoning spike . RD is basically on the safe arrogance leval of Trixie . That's why she gets my vote for being awarded the protagonist villain if tye series Discord is close but he's more of a redeemed villiain . There are other reasons why I choose Dash for that role but her arrogance is a driving factor .
  • Brohoof 1

Its not that I think that being a jock is bad or having pride,  but if

it gets to the point in which pride blinds you from seeing how your

over all action effect others and even after this has been pointed

out to you over a long term of events yet you keep doing it, than

it is when the cannon gets stuck in a rut so to speak..

• Brohoof 1