Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight's Lab! What's your IQ, do you believe your smart?

camsterman101

Here, let me explain (as always) on what the title means here:

-Personally I have an above average intelligence and i am quite curious about the intelligence of others here on the forums. Here we are all quite creative and are always willing to help in the virtual social environment. 

-My IQ runs at 139. I study social behaviors. I also build and design video games and kernels for Android Operating Systems. Helping to develop a more diverse and lurid way for your smartphone to interact with your personal computer. 

-A great deal of people believe that your intelligence will be shown in "forced educational environments" such as school, and collage. I believe that when you perform in school and other activities  you'll only allocate as much mental power to whatever your doing as you want. You are in complete control, this is why you stride in areas you feel comfortable in. (For me it is language arts and writing) Also you have internal emotions that'll always effect how you view your surroundings and develop skills. If you are indeed having issues in a certain course, naturally you many believe you won't be able to pass and you have hit a bottleneck with your skills. Daily applied intelligence is quite different then what you'll be tested in school. For example I do indeed have a GPA of 2.0 , and i am in eleventh grade and i am in a ninth grade math class. Math is incompatible with the way I can view and become involved in ideas and concepts. I creates heavy fragmentation and stagnation.

-I usually sit dormant in the classroom and as soon as my feet lay on my own carpet I get to work. I am not able to learn efficiently in a cluttered and heavily broken school system.  I can finally get home and manifest to my own liking. 

Anyway, do you believe your smart? Do you have any idea on what your IQ is.

(And I do recognize that a individuals IQ is not a certain measurement of intelligence) 

Thanks for your time!

post-24743-0-12022500-1428371854_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

My IQ is aproximately between 130-135. I don't personally believe that I'm a smart guy, I have good grades, and studying isn't that hard for me, but I guess I just have a good memory.

We hold the same opinion about educational sistem. Truth be told I learn a lot more while dwelling in my house than in a classroom filled up with insufferable dimwits. Take note, I'm only calling them like that because they are and always've been assholes.

Edited by Shadow Beam

(edited)

I've been measured at around 130-- and that's under the WAIS-R, not some Internet test, so I'm fairly proud of being (approximately) likely two standard deviations above the norm.

I guess I'm as smart as they say I am, though whenever I slip up I can't help but wonder...

My IQ runs at 139.

Do you know what specific test measured your IQ?  They're not all created equal. 

I just took an IQ test, and it says I have an IQ of 118.... Is that good?

Assuming a standard deviation of 15, that's not too bad.  Then again, it also depends on the test.

Edited by OptimisticNeighsayer

I've been measured at around 130-- and that's under the WAIS-R, not some Internet test, so I'm fairly proud of being (approximately) likely two standard deviations above the norm.

I guess I'm as smart as they say I am, though whenever I slip up I can't help but wonder...

Do you know what specific test measured your IQ?  They're not all created equal. 

Assuming a standard deviation of 15, that's not too bad.  Then again, it also depends on the test.

It was an odd one...... Mostly mathmatical puzzles, and pattern recognition under a tight time limit... 40 seconds per question, and 38 questions.

I was placed in some proprietary testing that had me evaluate  puzzles, sequences (mathematical) and heavy stress tests judging on how many processes I can complete at once with ringing in different ears. (Quite odd)

-Lucky they had Dixie cups and water. So I had avoided a migraine 

• Brohoof 1

@OptimisticNeighslayer

I have been examined in the last year at a dedicated youth clinic.

I'm sorry, I can't supply what form of IQ accumulation they used. 

Well, that probably means it was a legitimate test.  Many (but of course, not all) who claim to have well-above-average IQs are basing it on Internet tests that give virtually everyone a high IQ.  Still, even "real" tests can evaluate the same person differently; that's why I was curious. 

Well, that probably means it was a legitimate test.  Many (but of course, not all) who claim to have well-above-average IQs are basing it on Internet tests that give virtually everyone a high IQ.  Still, even "real" tests can evaluate the same person differently; that's why I was curious. 

Oh, I completely understand. Online data analysis programs are really quite sheltered when it comes to actual facts.

What's an IQ?

But seriously I don't know. I had an IQ of about 150 in elementary school but I haven't cared to check since. Maybe I've gotten dumber.

I have no clue what my IQ is, and I don't know what my estimation of it would be. But I wouldn't consider myself smart, in fact I'd consider myself slightly below average.

(edited)

@@xenozfan3@@ShadowPhoenix, @

IQ (Intelligence Quotient) is a number that is usually associated with someone. Most people have had IQ tests done to them at a young age, often disguised as games. This number is not a measure of direct intellegence and is not affected by anything such as learning disorders or anything like that, but rather of skill with problem solving (for a physical example, think >250-piece puzzles). 100 is considered average, genius levels around 160. Most people are around 85-115, with roughly 5% of the population being 125 or above.

I'm placed around 135 myself. :catface:

Edited by Magos Amphrose
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

​I have no idea, I'd probably fail the test since I'm not very good at tests.  I always end up panicking so I keep messing up my answers.  I've never taken an IQ test before.  People have said that I "Look" smart, whatever that means, I don't think I'm all that smart personally. 

Edited by Thuja

(edited)

I tested as 111 on a test that I think was in middle school. I consider myself reasonably smart, but better at problem-solving and critical thinking than at things like mathematical and spatial reasoning. I see it often on forums and Reddit, but I haven't had to ask the Internet things like how to ask someone out or how to improve my own writing since I was 16-ish.

Edited by Ginger Tea
  • Brohoof 1

@@Thuja,

There is no 'failing' the IQ test, just to reassure you. It's mainly tasks that you are given to complete and you are timed to do them in, whether that be to multitask or to put together puzzles or solve a sheet of logic problems. There are many different tests, too...

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. If it matters that much, the person who requires it of you will direct you somewhere where you can take the test and get an official number.

@@Ginger Tea

Take my advice- don't bother asking the wild reaches of the interwebz. I'm searching for an answer to both of those things, and I haven't found a non-sarcastic answer yet. :(

(edited)
@Magos Amphrose That's because there isn't a one-size-fits all answer for how a boy asks out a girl, how a girl asks out a boy, or anything like that. :P

Asking someone out is one part reading a social situation and two parts guts. Writing is all about understanding how your work comes across to others, knowing how to use white space, and being able to look up any grammar rules you don't know by heart.

Edited by Ginger Tea
  • Brohoof 1

I took an online IQ test and I got 300, and I'm sure that's 100% reliable :^)

Honestly, I haven't taken a real IQ test before but I've always been good at puzzles and such, so I think my IQ is somewhere in the above average range ^^

I don't know my IQ and I don't care to know it, either. Knowing it would not benefit me in any way. I wouldn't feel any better about myself if I tested above average, and I wouldn't feel any worse about myself if I tested below average. 

I'm reasonably smart, but my short-term memory isn't the best, which is likely due to my ADD. However, my long-term memory appears to be better than most in that I can remember the exact dates that little random events in my life happened. For instance, I attended a school play that my sister starred in on February 25, 2006. 

• Brohoof 1