Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight's Lab! What's your IQ, do you believe your smart?

camsterman101

I was given a lot of such tests during my school time (during the equivalent of american middle school six to eight a year, during the equivalent of high school four a year). The range they measured usually was between 172 and 196, especially strong rating in logical abilities and rather weak in three dimensional imagination. It is to mention that I always spent a lot of time learning and reading and therefore always was ahead of most others in my age group what might have distorted the results. I don't consider them objective at all because even if such tests are meant to be mostly neutral to factors like age and education do these factors still play a big role, especially while growing up.

I didn't do a single test in the past eight years (since I finished school), so I can't tell you what I might have scored as "adult". I also don't intend to do so.

Practically talking, I sometimes have strong problems with social interactions that might partially result from the fact that I tend to skip simple logical steps in conversations, so I don't consider that something great at all. People having conversations in german or finnish with me often complain about me jumping from one thing to the other, even if (at least to me) they're logically connected. Writing/talking in foreign languages I haven't mastered (english, french, italian, russian) helps a lot there as it slows me down.

I don't know my IQ and I don't care to know it, either. Knowing it would not benefit me in any way. I wouldn't feel any better about myself if I tested above average, and I wouldn't feel any worse about myself if I tested below average. 

I'm reasonably smart, but my short-term memory isn't the best, which is likely due to my ADD. However, my long-term memory appears to be better than most in that I can remember the exact dates that little random events in my life happened. For instance, I attended a school play that my sister starred in on February 25, 2006. 

I borrowed a pencil from a transfer student on 3rd of May 2001. It was her last day and she left before I could return it and I didn't had any contact with her since then. However, I took it home and placed it besides my monitor. The desk and monitor have changed for several times over the years, the pencil however is still lying there waiting for its pickup. I accidentally dropped it on the night from 24th to 25th June 2009; since then I do hope that it's not broken inside. (I am aware that makes me a weird person).

Mine is said to be between 70 and 80. I don't really think it's THAT low. It depends on what you think of for IQ levels. I'm borderline intellectual functioning according to doctors and such. Yet, no one would even realize it because I feel like I'm somewhat as smart as other people. It really depends on what we are talking about, again. There are several things I struggle with, but I can't give a definite answer on this one.

Considering all these above average scores I see on this topic I probably have to say something like "my IQ is somewhat around 50" in order to keep the average on 100. Quite frankly speaking, I have no clue what my IQ is and honestly, I don't even bother. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether I'm scoring average, above average, below average or 200+ because I secretly finished planning my world dominance.

(edited)
Anyway, do you believe your smart? Do you have any idea on what your IQ is.

*You're

xD

I have a somewhere about average IQ I believe (I haven't taken an IQ test, but IQ is merely how fast you learn things, and I learn just as fast as other people). So you shouldn't judge anybody on that, it just may take them 5 minutes longer to learn a new thing.

It honestly depends on what area I will be tested in

Maths? I'm really not that good. GCSE level is good enough for me. Its fun, its just hard.

However, (yes, I put this everywhere I go, its essentially my only good point XD) I am in the top 5% of the country for spatial reasoning.

Does processing speed count as being smart? My reading speed is 3 times the average.

For the hell of it, I decided to do a couple of online IQ tests. Apparently I have an IQ of 140. Well that's Bull****.

It may be affected by how its 3:00 at night right now, or whatever, idk. I need to take an official one to get it recognized.

Edited by bonamb

I'm not sure of my IQ, however I believe myself to be in general at average intelligence,  Some people have stated that I have an above average intelligence when it comes to computers, but I cannot comment on whether I agree or disagree as that would be biased.

Mine is about 121 but most of my knowledge has no practical application and has had no bearing on my chances for employment, so I'm inclined to believe that it doesn't really matter all that much.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I took it about 3 times in my life,

I got 128-140,

the 140 was recently on the internet (Which I consider incredibly inaccurate)

I got 128 and 129 in High school and College tests respectively

Which is one of the reasons I consider the IQ tests not all that accurate, I'm frequently the lowest ranking student in class, I doodle a lot in the back and I am fairly certain that I am an idiot o-o

Edited by The Shipping Cat

I honestly don't know what to say here...it seems that the first page is filled with the 5%...haha Is it even possible to have this many above avg in one forum (not on a scientific forum at least)??  ^_^

I decided to distrust all IQ tests you can find and take on the internet. There's no proctor to ensure that you're not googling answers or having multiple people work on the answers together etc.

Heck, it took me weeks to find a believable personality test!

All this said, I believe that I tend to have a pretty practical outlook on most situations when I compare myself to those around me. I usually tend to be correct on topics I devote at least some level of attention to.

I was a 4.0 student up through 5th grade, but then I started to hate homework. It all felt like busywork to me and my grades started dropping simply because I avoided doing the homework. I aced the tests on a regular basis. I forgot to bring a calculator to the ACT (Utah doesn't give the SAT) math section BOTH times I took it, but still scored higher than the majority of those who took it along with me. English was my strongest category though. This has continued into college. 

I got a 98% (the class high) on a physics test on relativity after arriving to class not even knowing we had a test that day and not even having the textbook to read. Meanwhile, a number of other students were furious with me, stating they had spent 16 hours at the library leading up to the test and got ~85% (the class avg on that test).

All of this self-edification I suppose goes to show that I do believe I am naturally quite perceptive and intelligent, but I'm pretty sure I could be a total brainiac if I actually had the desire to put in the work. However, my love is sports, so my father's pissed that I chose to major in PE and not Software Development or Programming etc.

I'm a 138, but I don't usually like mentioning my IQ very much because of how frequently people like to rig their IQs up or pretend to have a disorder online to stand out. It usually gets me more backlash than sympathy online as an Aspie because so many people lie about it and make it as an excuse to do bad things, and the same goes for IQ.

If I wanted people to see me as intelligent I rather do it by example.

I've got a high IQ and a wide range of skills, and I pick new ones up easily.

Also, the modern education system doesn't make smart people out of regular people, it forces people to waste time repeating what 2+2 is until they're given adiploma that says they know how to take a dump. It's not a place for smart people.

I honestly don't know what to say here...it seems that the first page is filled with the 5%...haha Is it even possible to have this many above avg in one forum (not on a scientific forum at least)?? 

You'd be surprised, A lot of the users on this site are crazy smart , Each of the Admins and Mods (At least the ones I've observed) are easily of above average intellect , and I'm not saying that for Brownie points (though that does sound delicious).  

Other than that, I've noticed quite a lot of the members give off the "super smart" vibe. 

Whether all these is due to the fandom or the site is uncertain but I have to admit , if it turned the majority of folks here are above 120 in IQ , I wouldn't be surprised o-o

Edited by The Shipping Cat

My IQ is 148. I too believe minds have to challenged to maintain a good mental prowess, not unlike straining a muscle.

I'm a computer science major (close to graduation in fact) and my orientation is all about tech and software. Programming, Maths and Software development are my forte.

Do i think myself smart? Yes. I believe myself to be well-educated and clever enough in both obtaining knowledge and utilizing it.

I took a test to discover my IQ just now, and the result I got was about 125 (or just over). I'm quite happy with that result, actually, considering my relatively young age (I'm in high school). I've still got a lot to learn and improve upon. I think I lost out on questions to do with number sequences a little - I certainly found them to be the most difficult. I went to take another test to make sure, but I had to pay to receive my result. I wasn't really willing to do so.

Edited by Wolves

I've got an IQ of around 140 to 150. I do believe that I am smart, the problem is that I'm lazy XD

Damn then you must be a genius, why not try Harvard mate?

Edited by Xylosian

I don't know what my IQ is, and I don't want to know either. I'm way too harsh on myself and how I think things out, so I don't want to make myself worse by finding out that I probably have an IQ of 70. There are other things that I want to focus on more, anyway.

• 4 years later...