Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Megachangeling12

So what do think ?  

8 users have voted

1. 1. Does this have potential to work ?

• Yes I like the idea
    • It might I'm unsure though
    • No it's a horrible idea

(edited)

Hello everypony I have theory / idea I'd like to present to you today!

As you know we were recently introduced to Starlight Glimmer, who doesn't believe in cutie marks . Well I believe that an encounter with her could lead to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon not bullying the cmc anymore. Why? Because while there have been other subjects  that have come up [in their bullying], the main reason has always been the CMC’s lack of a cutie mark . If DT and SS are captured by a psycho communist unicorn, that sounds like more then enough to teach those two that it's not the cutie mark that matters - it's the pony who has it that matters . The CMC could learn something too.. Something about the value of cutie marks and turning rivals into friends. I'd honestly love to see an episode like this because I don't hate DT and SS. They just need some character development.

What do guys think? Could this premise bring an end to the constant arguing or at least bringing it down to friendly teasing? What are your thoughts?

Edited by Jeric

A few months ago there were a lot of theories that it would be the CMCs to defeat "Mayor Marx" (as she was then being referred to) because blank flanks would be the only ponies she'd be powerless against.

However, I don't think your idea will happen. The CMCs don't really get involved with adventures and villains — they only tend to have slice of life plots.

The voice actress for Diamond Tiara did mention that we'd be getting to see another side of Diamond soon though.

A few months ago there were a lot of theories that it would be the CMCs to defeat "Mayor Marx" (as she was then being referred to) because blank flanks would be the only ponies she'd be powerless against.

However, I don't think your idea will happen. The CMCs don't really get involved with adventures and villains — they only tend to have slice of life plots.

The voice actress for Diamond Tiara did mention that we'd be getting to see another side of Diamond soon though.

That's right the CMCs don't have cutie marks. What if they got their cutie marks only to have them taken away by starelight Glimmer.

(Insert Troll face here.)

And what is up with all the names like Starlight glimmer? First Sunset Shimmer, and that was already suspicious simular to Twilight Sparkel.

Agreed. She's the main antagonist towards the CMC, if she's gone, there's only Sliver Spoon left, then her as well? That will be the end of conflict concerning the CMC... Although, by that time, they could get their cutie marks, so it doesn't matter anymore anyways.

It's unlikely, since cutie marks only seem to be a way for DT and SS to get under the CMC's skin. At least, they seemed perfectly fine with abandoning the idea when it wasn't working on the CMC in Flight to the Finish. They were also more than willing to take in blank flank Babs Seed, simply because she was mean to them. I think it's more complicated than just saying cutie marks, although the CMC saving them would probably be a good way of bringing the two groups closer. It's a start.

• Brohoof 1

And

She gets a song this season. <3

I think that there is an interesting polarity between the CMC and Starlight that could be explored. One side is desperate to find themselves through their mark, and the other considers cutie marks an abomination. I don't think that needs to be a central element to an episode though. 

• Brohoof 1

And

I think that there is an interesting polarity between the CMC and Starlight that could be explored. One side is desperate to find themselves through their mark, and the other considers cutie marks an abomination. I don't think that needs to be a central element to an episode though. 

Wait wait hold up. Diamond Tiara gets a song for Season 5? Seriously?!

Wait wait hold up. Diamond Tiara gets a song for Season 5? Seriously?!

That is what Daniel Ingram said at the BABSCon panel I attended when asked if she was ever going to sing. He did it coyly by suggesting that he would like to see her sing ... and ended it with a "maybe Season 5" with a smile. Considering the music has been in the can for a while ;) 

I don't think that would be the greatest idea, primarily because if the idea of reforming those two was put into effect then that would mean there'd be no antagonists for the CMC episodes. However though I do like the idea of having Starlight getting involved with the CMC, in the sense that she convinces them to help her with her plans or something like that.

@@Jeric, I imagine it will happen in the same episode that...

We've seen Rarity, Octavia, and Vinyl Scratch as judges for a talent contest of some kind, with Sweetie Belle also taking part.

• Brohoof 1

Listen, about this upcoming Saturday's episode: Will Apple Bloom finally get her cutie mark or stay remained as a Blank Flank as well as Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and of course, Babs Seed, right? Any thoughts on my prediction perchance?

And

All this hype coming in... don't get my hopes up, Jeric. :(

Listen, about this upcoming Saturday's episode: Will Apple Bloom finally get her cutie mark or stay remained as a Blank Flank as well as Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and of course, Babs Seed, right? Any thoughts on my prediction perchance?

Unlikely, just on the fact that it would nuke hype for the rest of the season if it happened this early. I suspect that they're still going to toy with us.