Guys, the greatest thing to happen to fans of Devil May Cry. I was looking for combos for Dante in Devil May Cry 2. When I typed "Devil May Cry 2" one of the search suggestions was "Devil May Cry 2015" I was curious. So I clicked it. After scrolling through Devil May Cry 4 special edition or something and DmC: Devil May Cry definitive edition. I saw Devil May Cry 5. I clicked and began reading full of excitement. While it's still something of a rumor. Because of the bad rep DmC got. Ninja Theory dropped DmC: Devil May Cry and CAPCOM dropped them. Boys and girls, our favorite wise cracking, pizza eating, white haired, half demon devil hunter is probably making a comeback. devil-may-cry-5-logo.jpg

(edited)

Everywhere I've checked have no real evidence this exists, or of the so-called "dropping" of Ninja Theory by Capcom. The only place that I can find reporting on this really is kdramastars, which is known for blatantly lying about news, video-game or otherwise for the clicks. Until this is confirmed in some official capacity, I'd hold the enthusiasm for now.

Besides, I think a re-release of DmC: Devil May Cry would lend credence to the idea that we're going to see another DmC game from Ninja Theory as opposed to them being dropped by Capcom. Get the fans ready for the sequel by re-releasing last game, it's a pretty standard tactic nowadays. Now the sequel they're "preparing" us for could very well be Devil May Cry 5 and not a continuation of the Ninja Theory game, but like I said with the only rumors coming from a site that is known for pushing blatantly false clickbait I wouldn't get excited yet.

Edited by TenorSounds

(edited)

Everywhere I've checked have no real evidence this exists, or of the so-called "dropping" of Ninja Theory by Capcom. The only place that I can find reporting on this really is kdramastars, which is known for blatantly lying about news, video-game or otherwise for the clicks. Until this is confirmed in some official capacity, I'd hold the enthusiasm for now.

Besides, I think a re-release of DmC: Devil May Cry would lend credence to the idea that we're going to see another DmC game from Ninja Theory as opposed to them being dropped by Capcom. Get the fans ready for the sequel by re-releasing last game, it's a pretty standard tactic nowadays. Now the sequel they're "preparing" us for could very well be Devil May Cry 5 and not a continuation of the Ninja Theory game, but like I said with the only rumors coming from a site that is known for pushing blatantly false clickbait I wouldn't get excited yet.

I don't know what you just said. So I'm gonna ask you a question and you're gonna answer with yes or no or maybe. Will there be a Devil May Cry 5? Edited by ANGEL

I think I'm the only person who laughed at the mop scene when Dante said " not in a million years."

(edited)

I don't know what you just said. So I'm gonna ask you a question and you're gonna answer with yes or no or maybe. Will there be a Devil May Cry 5?

Short Answer: No.

Longish Answer: As far as all reputable sources are concerned, there isn't currently one in development. The only leak/rumor is coming from a site that is known to blatantly lie about video game releases for clickbait. If we do get one, it will be a surprise and not based on the rumors you've been reading.

I think I'm the only person who laughed at the mop scene when Dante said " not in a million years."

I thought it was hilarious.

Edited by TenorSounds

No that's my favorite cutscene in the whole game!!!!!

Well that's a surprise. Every person I've talked to about absolutely hated that scene and thought it was a big middle finger to the fan base. Me? I liked Dante's new design, personally. It's a tad bit more gritty and more realistic, to say the least. Don't get me wrong, Dante's design was epic in the old games, but I guess I'm more of a " substance over style " type of guy. With a few minor tweaks to his personality as well, I can actually respect that the creators gave him a bigger dosage of humanity to be empathetic with.

Well that's a surprise. Every person I've talked to about absolutely hated that scene and thought it was a big middle finger to the fan base. Me? I liked Dante's new design, personally. It's a tad bit more gritty and more realistic, to say the least. Don't get me wrong, Dante's design was epic in the old games, but I guess I'm more of a " substance over style " type of guy. With a few minor tweaks to his personality as well, I can actually respect that the creators gave him a bigger dosage of humanity to be empathetic with.

I think that's the kicker, if you already had an axe to grind with the game that scene probably felt like a slap to the face. I just thought it was the devs poking a little fun at the fans and appreciated the joke.

(edited)

I'm more Stylish than substance. Seriously style out weighs substance 24/7 365. It's because of how Dante was that I even bought a Devil May Cry game. DmC would be good with a different name, different character names, but keep the story. Keep the classic in it's own little side of existance so people can enjoy it. And keep DmC in the same way. Yeah people would start to put two and two together, but hurray for them.

I think that's the kicker, if you already had an axe to grind with the game that scene probably felt like a slap to the face. I just thought it was the devs poking a little fun at the fans and appreciated the joke.

This is what I believe. They knew people would miss the original Dante, so they put in that little Easter Egg. Not as an insult but more of a nod to the lovers of the Classic Devil May Cry. Saying something like "We know you'll miss the original games. So here's something for you guys."

hqdefault.jpg Then an even bigger nod by adding the Classic Dante costume in DLC. People really need to chill out.

Edited by ANGEL