Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Idea: Playstation Throwback

AccountNoLongerUsed

"Ever been annoyed that you have to pay a bunch of money on Amazon to get that PSone or PS2 game you always wanted? Why not get this new system: the Playstation Throwback. This console is slightly bigger than the Ouya. It comes with 1 controller, a Memory Card transfer USB cable, and 300GB storage, which you can organize for games and virtual memory cards (you can set each PSN profile on the device to have its own virtual PSone and PS2 memory cards). You can download a large library of PSone and PS2 games from the Playstation Store to the Throwback. It will cost US$60, but you can get it half off bundled with the PS4. The Playstation Throwback: Its ok to live in the past"

I really hope Sony does this. A system made from the hardware and specs of the PSone and PS2 thats made for classic games. A big thank you to the fans. Would i pay for such a system? Yes.

• Brohoof 1

I'm tossing all the money I have at the screen but nothing's happening!

Also, it it's a legacy system, would it hurt to include the PSP in there too?

• Brohoof 1

I'm tossing all the money I have at the screen but nothing's happening!

Also, it it's a legacy system, would it hurt to include the PSP in there too?

Since the PS Vita has full backwards compatibility for PSP, would be redundant. Plus the Throwback's hardware is basically the hardware of a PS2, to avoid emulation problems. Its...basically what the PSX should have been.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I think you've got a really good idea there, there are lots of old "rare gems" (games) that are not much known at this time, because of the difficulties of using an emulating software, i'd also totally pay for it.

Since the PS Vita has full backwards compatibility for PSP, would be redundant. Plus the Throwback's hardware is basically the hardware of a PS2, to avoid emulation problems. Its...basically what the PSX should have been.

That's only partially true. The Vita only plays games that can be downloaded from the Playstation Store. The Vita doesn't play UMDs.

I have no issue with spending money on games I want, even large amounts of money, so even if this would be neat it's not a huge issue. As long as you own a PS2 you have access to all PS1 and 2 games.