Did you like it?  

278 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

The more I think about it the more I like this episode. I initially thought (like so many others) that the 5 of them should have known better. But then I realized that people persona bias always has a tendency to crop up and the writers just exaggerated  this tendency to make the moral more obvious to the younger (or perhaps more thick headed) viewers. I think I make sense. ;)

This episode was so cute but i loved it when Bulky Biceps busted through the wall then grabbed spike and ran through the wall again. "I hate it when he does that". Also i hate spike for trying to steal my girl first he had a Rarity teddybear and then i totally hated him when he went all heart eyes and said anything for you Rarity, thats my line.

Angel quietly plots revenge
Later, at the EHOP--
AJ eating something NOT apple related? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?! :o
Twilight should go to Hyrule if she really wants to arrange gems...
Wait, if she's been avoiding the castle, then where has she been staying since last season? :confused:
Pinkie's into cold play?
But Rarity, the castle already has some sparkle!
Ya know, they really need to think about naming that bear
Super Deluxe Mane Blowout = Rule 34 material of Twilight & the Spa Twins (somebody had to say it)
THIS is Roid Rage's day job?! :blink:
Now you're just showing off
Dammit, Bulk, this why they keep upping their prices!
Let's also remember the hundreds of bees that went with it :(
Sometimes I wonder if Andrea Libman hates herself...
He COULD use something besides that dog bed
Please tell me this means there will be a Sphinx later
I'm with you, Pinkie. That was a good echo for someone so quiet!
Season 1 references FTW!
"Yes, I need a new bed. Me and Lyra finally broke our old one."
MORE Season 1 references FTW!

Gotta admit, I wasn't so happy they went for the clichéd "friends all get something more of then them than the other character, realize they were wrong" plot point that's been sone in numerous cartoons, kid shows, and sitcoms, as well as the "whacky distraction to stall someone from finding out something" that's also been done to death (even used before and better on this show).

Luckily, they really made it work out to be an entertaining, fun episode. Also happy they bought closure to Twilight losing her old home and adjusting to her new one, which was something that need to be dealt with.

A very solid episode to start things off after the premiere that has me looking forward to the rest of the season :lol:

Personally, I enjoy the episodes that focus on one pony more than the "group episodes" because I think we see a lot more detail for that pony's character; that being said, I loved the lesson in this episode. Also, the new song was VERY good, IMHO. I think we're in for a great season.  :P

I wonder what else they will do to the castle in the future?

If I was them, I would at least start filling it with book cases, Carpets or at least something to help absorb the sound so it does not echo. Heck, even wall drapes like what the other castles have or asking the other princesses for donations for decoration and sound absorbing would be a great idea.

I think they should get together and bring stuff from the ruined castle in the Everfree Forest.  Rarity could be in charge of restoring the tapestries and hanging them in likely places.  Then they could line some of those echoing corridors with the books from the library in the other castle.  Twilight must have lost lots of books when Tirek destroyed her home, and I bet most of them could be duplicated from the other library in the other castle.  There's tons of stuff in that old castle that would be cool in Twilight's castle. 

What a great way to start building new memories!

• Brohoof 1

I'm a bit late to the party, but there is one unresolved issue I still have with the episode:

At first, it's said that Twilight has been avoiding to stay/sleep in her castle for the past couple of days. But as soon as the ReManing 5 decide to decorate her castle, she can't wait to get home from her spa trip with Spike. So am I to believe that all along Twilight had been avoiding the castle as part of a secret scheme to trick her friends into giving her a free home makeover?

I'm a bit late to the party, but there is one unresolved issue I still have with the episode:

At first, it's said that Twilight has been avoiding to stay/sleep in her castle for the past couple of days. But as soon as the ReManing 5 decide to decorate her castle, she can't wait to get home from her spa trip with Spike. So am I to believe that all along Twilight had been avoiding the castle as part of a secret scheme to trick her friends into giving her a free home makeover?

Twilight didn't want to go back to the castle because it didn't feel like home. She wanted to go back suddenly because her best friends were decorating it, and she trusted they'd do a good job at making her feel comfortable. She was excited to see what they had done.

• Brohoof 1

I thought it was a sold episode and did what it needed to do (get Twilight comfortable in her castle), but so far I haven't been blown away by an episode.

On another note Twilight doesn't bat an eye when she's called (by Aloe the spa pony) princess. As far as not wearing her crown daily, modern royals don't wear theirs either. In storybooks and cartoons they always do, which is what MLP is fitting in with of course, but I'm willing to give her a pass, although I love the crown on her. However, I'd love for her to win and wear a neckless like the other princesses.

Edited by Nature's Spell

vsMzWCd.png

Spike sleeps with a Rarity doll.

I don't know if that is cute or creepy...

Spike sleeps with Rarity (plush)

Sparity semi confermed

I wonder what else they will do to the castle in the future?

If I was them, I would at least start filling it with book cases, Carpets or at least something to help absorb the sound so it does not echo. Heck, even wall drapes like what the other castles have or asking the other princesses for donations for decoration and sound absorbing would be a great idea.

How about stained glass windows and statues of defeted foes..... Ohh...ya, nevermind. Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 2

Honestly, I feel like this was a better start to this season than the premiere was. Castle Sweet Castle had much better pacing (with a shorter run time ironically) and it explored a subject that I really enjoyed, the loss of the library and the memories it held. It was actually pretty sad when that hit in the episode but it made the ending even more nice.

This episode was also much more comedic than I expected. Pinkie was hilarious and so was Rarity, and Twilight was cute as always. :catface:

Overall I absolutely loved this episode. It had great pacing, great atmosphere, a great subject, great comedy and a great ending. I feel like the premiere, while I still enjoyed, it missed some of those marks entirely. So far this is my favorite episode of the season. Kind of an easy title to get right now but hey. :P

img-3665699-1-vsMzWCd.png

Trust me, it's cute. Don't forget. When Spike fantasizes about Rarity, it consists of him building her a house made out of ice cream, or of being a handsome strong knight coming to her rescue. 

• Brohoof 3

Late again, but I might as well still say my thoughts.  It was a fun and enjoyable episode!  Actually, I'm not sure that there's much more to say than that...  It started off merely okay, but I found that it picked up as it went on.  It was funny, cute, and overall, the same show I came to begin enjoying two years ago.  I look forward to more episodes by these new writers!

I'm curious as to what caused Twilight's hair to almost resemble spitfire's? Cause that reminds me of that fic where pinkie pie gets RD's mane style by accident.

Edited by Candy Star

Just watched the episode today. Laughed through the entire thing. Especially the part with bulk biceps.

And then there is this.

post-32698-0-50832100-1428978744_thumb.png

Edited by Omar_25
  • Brohoof 1

Can't believe twilight just bucking kicked angel into a mud puddle

Well, if you think about it Angel isn't exactly a fan favorite so maybe they thought it was a bit of fan service. 

I did like Angel's Angorran rabbit look though. 

• Brohoof 1

I loved Twilight's new haircut, that really entertained me. It wasn't really one of the best episodes but it still classifies as good in my books  :squee:

edit - The part with bulk biceps had me on the ground with laughter XD

Edited by SL4MT
  • Brohoof 2

img-3665699-1-vsMzWCd.png

Well he is still a baby, so why not both?

Also we need more of Twilight's new mane

• Brohoof 1