• Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

"You need me, Billy Mays, to clean the stains from out of the castle!"

sig-4240659.33157795dae90c9664ae9f4544f2

(a few moments later)

"THANK YOU BILLY!!!!!"

:lol: awww thats a sweet pic.

as for the eppie. twilight needs to lay herself off and let her friends help her. even when she's 1000% tired D:

• 3 weeks later...

Twilight's castle is beautiful...I honestly expected Mane 6 to move in with Twilight so she wouldn't be lonely...But they made a beautiful chandelier with the roots of Twilight's previous home. Brilliant!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

eehh, it was an ok episode.

if it was season 1 and they had to decorate twilights library then it weill be understendeable the plot of just everypony bringing their tastes and forgeting twilight's ones. but at season 5 it doesnt makes sense. 

i like that bulk biceps works at the spa. hes so cute  :love:

about the castle, i find it super ugly. i wish it had a non-crystal concept and were a classic castle. feels super cold and heartless even decorated. also i feel theres not enought light. its depressing.

I though for long than the rainbow power chest could reformed to its original state the two princesses castle and make twilight live there. in S4 they spend time there kinda reforming and reading. but then twilight would live outside ponyville and relative far from their friends. so i get why they didnt make her to live there. but they could make princesses castle to magically move at ponyville  :love:

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
(edited)

I'm glad they tried to cover this subject matter, but I do think this is too mundane, and doesn't dig all that deep into Twilight's insecurities. This season had a frustrating tendency to try having it both ways: she's okay being a princess, but she constantly behaves like she's uncomfortable in the role. Here, that manifests in something cute but way too low-key for its own good. It feels like they were trying to address the elephant in the room and just didn't have a story to tell about it. I think it's kinda boring - it just doesn't do a good job of building a story off of its core premise, and the struggles of Twilight's friends are not remotely interesting to me. Their squabbling is especially petty, and I don't feel it resonates with the apparent moral at all, which is about, uh, home decorating advice. Hey, did you know that memories are more important than material things? Even this show has already covered that territory. I just find this threadbare. 

Score:
Entertainment: 6/10
Characters: 7/10
Themes: 6/10
Story: 3/10
Overall: 55/100

Edited by AlexanderThrond

• 4 weeks later...

I think this episode is pretty good. It's very simple, but I think it works here. This could've been really boring if it put too much focus on Twilight's fears, but the episode works because most of the focus is on the rest of the mane six and Spike. The jokes aren't hilarious, but I was smiling throughout with a few good chuckles. 

The episode falls flat when it tries to be emotional. The scene with Twilight and Spike in front of the destroyed library felt really out of place and forced. Also, I forgot there was a song in this episode, for good reason.

Score: 7/10

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This episode... exists. This episode seems like it's begging for the charm of the first 3 seasons to make it enjoyable, but that charm is long gone. All that's left is a pretty dull episode. There are a couple good jokes, but a lot of it is arguing. Not even interesting arguing. It's the same arguing we've seen so many times by now. The ending is kinda nice, but that's just the ending. Most of the episode is boring.

Score: 5/10

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This one was pretty nice. Seemed a bit unremarkable but I liked seeing Spike and Twi in the spa and the ending part with the roots of the old library hanging above the map was amazing.

<3 the song. Haven't listened to this one. Maybe it isn't remixed as much. 

Also Rarity's burns in this ep :D Such a sassy horse.

it's a shame the chandelier never comes up again though.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a good episode. There are some memorable stuff in this one like

• "I'm pancake, I mean, awake"
  • Spike has a rarity plushee
  • Twilight's Haircut

What I really liked here was the show discussing the effects of the loss of Golden Oak Library especially for Twilight and Spike. This gave the characters depth. I also liked the resolution at the end.

• Brohoof 1

This episode was good, only for the mid to second half. I thought the first half was pretty slow, but the second half was much better and I really love how heartwarming it is.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...