Did you like it?  

278 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Aww, I was hoping they'd discover a sprout on the tree, and at least Twilight and Spike could look forward to having it back in a few hundred years. But I guess if it was 100% dead, then better to preserve the roots than let it decompose.

Loved Spike's Rarity plush. And Aloe has a voice now! And Bulk Biceps has a day job.

And that was a pretty good solution they accidentally came up with at the end, each decorating one room their own way, since having too many rooms is part of the problem, and decorating them all in the same style wouldn't help as much.

I'll be highly amused if they keep finding confetti cannons throughout the season.

Edited by dekutree64
  • Brohoof 3

Pretty good episode! It had some nice heartwarming moments and some really funny ones too.

So the blown up library is still there? I thought the castle took the library's place. But anyways, great episode!

• Brohoof 1

This episode..

w8fIA.gif

I loved it overall, although Pinkie, your memories spoil everything. Who wants to remember the library blown to smithereens?

Can't wait to explore more of the castle though.

• Brohoof 7

Yes, yes you are.  -_-  Now if you'll excuse, I need to call up the crew for the show "Hoarders" and sick them on you.  :please:

:c

But.but it has art of the whole Mane 6 on the cloudsss.

It has hay,apples,jewels,baloons,fur...

TL;DR=EVERYTHING A HOUSE NEEDS TO BE PERFECT :C

• Brohoof 1

Feels Express now arriving on track 5! Please stand clear unless you'd like to be run over.

Oh man, that ending hit really hard. Digging up the roots of the actual library? That's emotional enough, but the gems on the chandelier was just too much.  :(  And it was just after Twi and Spike passed by the old place. STOP!

Anyway, as far as the episode itself, it's another okay one. Song was nice, the spa scene was great, but it the whole thing was predictable. Aw well, it's two new writers, can't expect to find gold the first time. :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm grabbing some Bisquick...

• Brohoof 1

The episode wasn't great, to be frank. Even when Twilight and Spike visited the ruins of the library there was no real sense of loss or heartache. It seemed very brief, almost rushed. This episode was good, but it missed something which could've made it great, something which didn't appear until the very end. A sense of nostalgia, not to mention the personal value Twi held for the late great Golden Oaks Library. Despite this, I think using the tree roots as a chandelier was an excellent tribute. With the episode over, the torch has now been passed to the castle to act as the bastion of Friendship and Magic, a place the ponies can retreat to whenever peace and harmony in Equestria is threatened, particularly by Starlight Glimmer.

4/5. Laughs, feels, touching and heartwarming, but something was missing. A good episode overall.

• Brohoof 1

:c

But.but it has art of the whole Mane 6 on the cloudsss.

It has hay,apples,jewels,baloons,fur...

TL;DR=EVERYTHING A HOUSE NEEDS TO BE PERFECT :C

Home decorating as brought to you by Lightwing:

resized_all-the-things-meme-generator-mu

:smug:

• Brohoof 2

Well not exactly what i was expecting but was well worth seeing Angel kicked into the mud.

As far a the episode, i wasnt overly impressed i felt the songs were unnecessary and just added to the clutter and felt the story could have been stronger had there been some stronger feelings showcased from both Twilight and Spike.

Oh, Spike has a Rarity plushy (my hero)

• Brohoof 3

Home decorating as brought to you by Lightwing:

resized_all-the-things-meme-generator-mu

:smug:

Seriously tho,I hope that this fandom works fast,because I want that picture on my house,and I guess it won't be precisely cheap.

• Brohoof 1

The episode wasn't great, to be frank. Even when Twilight and Spike visited the ruins of the library there was no real sense of loss or heartache. It seemed very brief, almost rushed. This episode was good, but it missed something which could've made it great, something which didn't appear until the very end. A sense of nostalgia, not to mention the personal value Twi held for the late great Golden Oaks Library. Despite this, I think using the tree roots as a chandelier was an excellent tribute. With the episode over, the torch has now been passed to the castle to act as the bastion of Friendship and Magic, a place the ponies can retreat to whenever peace and harmony in Equestria is threatened, particularly by Starlight Glimmer.

4/5. Laughs, feels, touching and heartwarming, but something was missing. A good episode overall.

I can agree with you there. The scene with the tree should've been longer and dragged out to enhance it's effectiveness. It was too short for me even though i don't get emotionally invested into things anymore.

I feel that while this wasn't the best example of a SoL episode out there is was a VERY solid attempt at it. The characters were all involved, nothing really felt out of place, and the songs were awesome.

And that ending...perfect.

8.5/10

• Brohoof 2

This one was kind that sort of episode we all expected, but not too boring or banal.

Lots of us probably feared, on the previews, that this would end up as a rehash of the themes of The Ticket Master with everypony doing things that they thought would please Twilight but really only pleased themselves.  That did happen, but it ended up being slightly more nuanced than that.  At least the Remane 5 weren't totally blind to what they were doing, as they least had each other to check themselves (and Spike too).  And the resolution avoided a simple "well, you're friends make home home" since just leaving the castle unadorned (or even worse off) would ruin the episode's whole premise.  The memory chandelier, already clever for using part of the old library, really does answer the question of what makes home home by combining both the interpersonal and physical aspects of the home.  It was a sentiment well-placed.

Loved how Fluttershy referred to ponies as "animals" in the cold open.  Then again, she's probably the best character to say so.

That Bulk Biceps joke though... no.  Too many things wrong with that.

Not a stellar episode, to be sure, but not bad either, especially for new writers.

Edited by OptimisticNeighsayer

We didn't see how they decorated the other rooms? Hopefully in the next episodes...

soon-sweetie-belle.jpg

There're still 24 episodes left. Have patience.

• Brohoof 2

This episode was brought to you by Exteme Makeover: Castle Edition. The castle decorating reality show.

Now all we need is an episode of MTV Cribs. Just to spice things up a little bit.

Twilight: Yo this is where and my girls chill out with this sweet map of Equestria

• Brohoof 3

I actually watched MLP on TV again, woot :yay:

That was a pretty good episode actually, more sweet than entertaining. Not that that's a bad thing of course. Didn't expect a song here, but it worked well enough. Some moments I loved though, like Spike with that Rarity plush and seeing Bulk Biceps... which had little to do with the core of the episode, but we all notice and obsess over little things like those in this fandom huh? :P

Also at least the other mane 5 realized their mistakes in decorating Twi's castle right away, was kinda silly if them to make it that way in the first place though. The conclusion of the episode was the sweetest though, oh my gosh, even my cold-ish heart warmed. Dem memories, dose roots in the ceiling, dat hug. :squee:

Anyway, overall a very nice episode. Not particularly great I would say, but a nice chapter in the lives if our favorite group of pony friends for sure. :D

8.5/10

• Brohoof 2

I liked the episode...buuuuuuuuuuuuut, hanging the roots of the old tree in the room, over everybody's head? Imean..really?

It was sweet n'all -- but good lord, if i was Twilight; i would've laughed my ass off at them putting a massive deathtrap tree over my damn head.  :maud:

Good episode, but their particular solution for that room gave me the 'your kidding right?' giggles.  :maud:

• Brohoof 1

Also, poll added. Feel free to vote. :)

• Brohoof 1

Considering Rarity's decorations didn't seem out of place, I still think I would rather live in Rarity's house. (Another thread.) 

Also, Twilight just bumped up to fifth place. Sorry, Fluttershy.

Also, I'm going to go to Equestria to steal the Rarity plushie! Actually, I'm going to stay there if I went to Equestria. 

Finally, EARTH PONY MAGIC AGAIN!!!!!! :D