Did you like it?  

278 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I liked the episode...buuuuuuuuuuuuut, hanging the roots of the old tree in the room, over everybody's head? Imean..really?

It was sweet n'all -- but good lord, if i was Twilight; i would've laughed my ass off at them putting a massive deathtrap tree over my damn head. :maud:

Good episode, but their particular solution for that room gave me the 'your kidding right?' giggles. :maud:

It wasn't so much taking a old piece of the past but taking both physical and emotional traits that were from the old library that makes the home feel like home. The root of the good times and memories were what make the library special after all so yeah that's my point.

I didn't exactly see how else they were going to do it anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Am I the only one who wonders how they dug up the tree roots and got them in the castle so fast? :lol:

I've dealt with big tree roots (probably 1/20th the size of the library's) and it's no picnic.

Also, it's going to be a very sad day if that falls down.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 2

It was very good episode. Nothing crazy, just a simple slice of life episode featuring my favorite characters and showing interactions between them. I liked character portrayal and considering that it was written by new writers, it was surprising good. I think that  characterization of Pinkie Pie and Applejack was especially good. That chandelier was a wonderful idea and I liked the moral behind it (that you should move on, remember all things good and make new memories). Humor was pretty good, I laughed at Bulk working in the SPA. And Spike's Rarity plushie  :wub: I want it! Overall, this episode and the previous two give hope for a really good season.

• Brohoof 1

Am I the only one who wonders how they dug up the tree roots and got them in the castle so fast? :lol:

I've dealt with big tree roots (probably 1/20th the size of the library's) and it's no picnic.

Well they did it during a song so it's musical logic.

• Brohoof 2

Am I the only one that considers this the definitive house?

img-3657482-1-MNm94tG.png

No, there are also Discord and Pinkie. Just imagine Discord coming into the Room:

D: "Oh-Hooo! I love what you did with this place. Pinkie, where are Party Cannons?"

PP:" Hidden!!!!"

D:"The best for them to be. 1,2,3,Pi,The bear is dancing on ballons!"

AJ:"Here we go again...."

• Brohoof 1

Easy

The animals dug it up and the rest of the ponies picked it up as for how they attached it to the ceiling? No idea maybe Pinkie did it

• Brohoof 1

Song was nice, choosing Rainbow as the first singer though...a bit of a questionable decision. Her voice seemed off in her first part. Her other parts were good, though.

Pinkie's rapid-fire jokes during the breakfast scene were amazing.

That spa scene was incredible. All of my YEEEEEAAAAAHs. Also, yay, more BPs with speaking parts. So pandery, but so awesome. I wish Twilight's saiyan cut stuck around for longer, than hair was amazing. The fanarts of that 'do shall be glorious.

The tree scene was...extremely, disappointingly short.

Am I the only one who wonders how they dug up the tree roots and got them in the castle so fast?  :lol:

Also, it's going to be a very sad day if that falls down

Ours is not to question, Cirrus. As to the latter, that's the Future Mane Six's problem.

Will be more in depth later when I've had a rewatch or two. Also when I've had some bloody sleep, I stayed up literally all night to watch this live, uuugh   -_-

Edited by RCTM

What are those gems on the chandelier? Are they magical? Do they have a name? I didn't quite catch that.

Maybe Twilight will add more as the story continues.

• Brohoof 1

I can agree with you there. The scene with the tree should've been longer and dragged out to enhance it's effectiveness. It was too short for me even though i don't get emotionally invested into things anymore.

The scene should've been dragged out because we were looking at what was Twilight's home for four seasons. Now all that remains of it is a tree blown to hell, the front door and what I call the front lawn. However, I feel it wasn't much longer than the snap of a finger, and for me that's not on. Twilight should've at least wept for her former home, considering how much she didn't want to be in the castle at first. I can excuse Spike because he shed a tear, but Twilight didn't seem to care much.

Oh, and did I forget to mention she just lost a lot of information when the library got destroyed? Books that dated back centuries were reduced to ashes and Twi didn't shed a tear. I get these were new writers but this was her home like, and for four seasons. Twi should've displayed a little emotion, if not even the bat of an eyelid.

• Brohoof 6

Overall very much like the other episode 3s we've gotten in the past, a good but not spectacular outing 

You forget that "Lesson Zero" was the third episode of Season 2.  :yay:   That episode both had a huge impact on the show's format and remains one of the funniest episodes of the entire series.  ^_^

• Brohoof 2

This episode is excellent, including a song and also a reprise!

"As Princess Twilight Sparkle got mud all over while cleaning with Fluttershy and helping ponies, taking a bath does really do to keep everything clean with her mane. And, thanks to them for choosing everything's beautiful and stable inside her castle before Twilight Sparkle sees it at the end of the episode story."  :D

The scene should've been dragged out because we were looking at what was Twilight's home for four seasons. Now all that remains of it is a tree blown to hell, the front door and what I call the front lawn. However, I feel it wasn't much longer than the snap of a finger, and for me that's not on. Twilight should've at least wept for her former home, considering how much she didn't want to be in the castle at first. I can excuse Spike because he shed a tear, but Twilight didn't seem to care much.

Oh, and did I forget to mention she just lost a lot of information when the library got destroyed? Books that dated back centuries were reduced to ashes and Twi didn't shed a tear. I get these were new writers but this was her home like, and for four seasons. Twi should've displayed a little emotion, if not even the bat of an eyelid.

Yeah probably because of the new writers but the seeing the devastation initially was what got her to fight Tirek full on. Maybe that's why she's kind of emotionally exhausted here or just past the grieving phase of the lost and is just trying to move on.

That or she didn't want to cry on front of Spike

Very good epesode but it has almost the same moral in a other episode in S2 or 3 (can't remember)

But I do love the pancake sence though! xP

Overall: "Meh. It was okay." - IGN

Edited by MLG4Ever

It wasn't so much taking a old piece of the past but taking both physical and emotional traits that were from the old library that makes the home feel like home. The root of the good times and memories were what make the library special after all so yeah that's my point.

I didn't exactly see how else they were going to do it anyway.

Im aware of the symbolic message, but c'mon; it's a massive tree root hanging over their heads when they sit in there. I swear that thing is a health hazard, what if the trunk rots and it falls out of place while they're sitting below?? I know it'll never happen, but, i can't help but feel they wanted a piece of the old library in the castle so bad, they completely threw logic and safety out the window. :maud:

But i admit, the castle looks so terrible by default, i guess their wasn't much that could be done to make it more like 'Twilight's home' beyond literally inserting a piece of her old one. A huge piece.  :maud:

• Brohoof 1

I bet they sang another song offscreen. That always gets a job done in a minute or two :lol:

And you know, it was nice that they actually got the job done before Twilight got back. That largely being due to Spike succeeding in his task as well. Much less failure and disappointment than I was expecting to be involved in the process :) Good writing.

Edited by dekutree64

This wasn't a bad episode at all. I'm glad that the rest of the group realized their mistake on their own even though it was very sweet of them to try and come together to help Twilight. I have to admit the part where we got to the see the leftover tree was a pretty emotional scene and it's a shame that they had to tear down what was left of it. You honestly can't blame Twilight for missing her old home and not being as eager to go back to the castle.

However, that chandelier from the rest of the girls was very sweet and those callbacks to the previous episodes was this one's biggest strength.

I have to say Pinkie has really been in top form so far and I hope she keeps it up! Spike also had some great moments too. I absolutely love his bluntness and it's definitely one of the biggest strengths of his character.

All in all, the new writers did a pretty good job. The song was decent and this a good start to our slice of life episodes for this season.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I loved it!

My favorite thing about Rainbow Rocks was the fighting between the Mane Five and we got some of that here, too. Especially loved the passive-aggressiveness of them getting rid of each other's decorations! On the other hand, I thought the Mane Five were a bit more...err....socially inept than usual. I mean, you don't just decorate someone else's house with your OWN interests! That said, didn't the premiere kind of imply that it was all of their castle and not just Twilight's? Eh, they don't have to live there though.

I sympathized with Twilight a lot this episode. Places have character, atmospheres and "personality" of their own and its really hard to lose one. Loved the scene with Twilight and Spike outside the library.

Really liked the song, too. Kind of reminded me of "At the Gala" where everypony was discussing her own goal separate from everypony else's.

Also: Spike has a Rarity plushy! Where did he get that???

• Brohoof 2