Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The 90s Nostalgia thread

Zoraxe

All I have to say is...

Genesis does what Nintendon't!  :lol:

Anyway, sadly, I wasn't born in the 90's, and I was born in 2001. However, still, many of my favorite games came from the 90's, in fact my 2 favorite consoles of all time are the SNES and Genesis, and I watch a lot of the original Nicktoons from the 90's, so ye.

Edited by Skarloey

(edited)

I had a Genesis, then a 64, the games for those systems were a part of my childhood, the commercials were great.

Edited by Zoraxe
  • Brohoof 1

Anypony remember Jumanji?

MV5BMTk5MjAyNTM4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjY0

Oh, that was both an amazing movie and an outstanding anime!

I was born in December 1994, just two months after the greatest-game-of-all-time release date: Sonic & Knuckles. Sonic games were always cool, but S3&K (because, even if there are two cartridges, it's still one game, heck yeah!) is maybe the greatest Genesis game, and I personnaly think it's the best 16bit game.

But yeah, I turn my fanboy button off. 90s were awesome, but in France, that was... laaaaaaaaaaaaaame. We had some creepy bands (2B3, remember this atrocity, I sometimes have nightmares with them). French 90s were just trash.

• 1 month later...

Music... I can hardly name any music from the 90s. I guess it just wasn't a memorable decade in music.

Man, the 90s had a ton of great music! Like this...

I remember the very first time my Dad brought one of these into the house:

attachicon.gifimage.axd.png

I never used the internet back then because I was little and it was the 90s, but I remember hearing this sound. And that people couldn't use the internet when someone was on the phone.

• Brohoof 1

I was born in 92' so I remember mostly the mid and late 90's, but what a magical time it was. Watching Nickelodeon and Toon Disney and playing SNES, N64 and Playstation. Even with no good internet, it was such a magical time for media on all fronts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHhrmMGbWTc&app=desktop

These old bumpers were a huge part of my childhood.

• Brohoof 2

I'm writing an original script right now for a class and I might make it an independent film. I don't know why but it suddenly dawned on me to set it in the 90's one day.

It certainly gives the story an identity of its own, no ipods, old movies, VCRs, . . . the two towers still standing.  :(

Anyway, I just find it cool for a movie idea because it's just far enough back that people will feel familiar with it, but also that it can surprise you with different cultural attitudes to today.

(edited)

The '90s rocked. Resevoir Dogs. My So Called Life. Mystery Science Theater 3000. :blink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9_L-2k2zxA

I really I miss the music of the late '90s the most. Elliott Smith. My Bloody Valentine. Blur. Even if many of those bands are still kinda around today, none of them still sound as badass as they did then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uWwvQKGjLI

Sadly we did part, '90s. Sadly we did. -_-

Edited by Trickilee

(edited)

The Nostalgia Critic has a good video about the Disney Afternoon Cartoon block, its very 90s. Although, I never watched many of those Disney Shows, except for Gargoyles and Recess, those shows are awesome. I should watch me some Kim Possible now, I feel like I missed something by not watching much of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEE53i0wNNA

But yeah, remember Saturday mourning cartoons? The time of the all the best cartoons kids show on air, especially Pokemon. Ah man, I was in like 4th grade when the Pokemon craze was at its height, almost everyone at school loved Pokemon. Good times.

Here's another 90s song.

Edited by Zoraxe
  • Brohoof 1

@@Zoraxe,

Oh Hell yeah, the days of Saturday Morning cartoons. Apart from the mentioned ones, all of which I enjoyed, the one that was seminal to my development was Power Rangers!

God, I love it to this day! B) 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@Steel Accord,

Yeah, Power rangers! I think Power Rangers in Space was my favorite Power Rangers.

But i like Transformers Beast Wars even more.

Edited by Zoraxe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Steel Accord,

Yeah, Power rangers! I think Power Rangers in Space was my favorite one.

But i like Transformers Beast Wars even more.

YOU, I like!

In Space was the shit! Oh God the ending with Zordon, I was in tears!  :(

And Beast Wars was my introduction to the Transformers saga.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

Heck yes. Metallica music blaring in the house trailer. Korn music blaring in the car parent/friends). Collecting beanie babies from McDonald's and trying to get all Mr. Gadget pieces to build the action figure with. Trying to sell my Mongoose bike to a stranger. Throwing a rock at a car and running off. Stealing my buddies Pokémon cards in his card folder when he went into his house. Riding bikes around stores and almost running into someone, then getting into a cop car onto the way back home. Watching The Terminator.

Mischievian.

• Brohoof 2

Damn, I'm not normally one who's very cynical especially about movies, but yeah the 90's really DID have something in the way of ground breaking films.

• Brohoof 2

I have some favorite cartoons from the 90's like Powerpuff Girls, Spongebob, the Simpsons aired lots of episodes, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold, Recess, etc. My favorite game series Pokémon started in the 90's and a lot of good movies came out especially Disney ones like Lion King.

• Brohoof 4

I don't under stand the 90s because I wasn't born in it..... Hard to believe.

Most of us here are very much 90's kids. August 17, 1991 me. I'm 24 now.

I have some favorite cartoons from the 90's like Powerpuff Girls, Spongebob, the Simpsons aired lots of episodes, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold, Recess, etc. My favorite game series Pokémon started in the 90's and a lot of good movies came out especially Disney ones like Lion King.

Damn good shows there. Some of my favorites.

I forgot to mention the 90's also had the show Blue's Clues which is my favorite preschool and educational show.

Mmmmm meh. I could take or leave Blue's Clues. It's certainly no Friendship is Magic as far as kids programming goes.

I was born in 1996 and I didn't catch much of the 90's culture. But did you know that shows we despise like Barney and the Teletubbies were more popular in the 90's than the 2000s. That's one downside of the 90's. But there's one show that for some reason, doesn't get a mention regarding the 90's that I really like called Arthur. Why should it be mentioned in a thread like this? Because that show started in the 90's and the classic episodes aired in the 90's as well.

There were also many great movies in the 90's. Especially animated ones like Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Toy Story 1 and 2, A Bug's Life, The Iron Giant, and many more.

As for music, I dislike the 90's boy bands. But I really like the grunge bands. I also like watching Beavis and Butthead mostly for the music videos.

Arthur was a really good show and films like Iron Giant Toy Story and Lion King are some of my favorite films.

• Brohoof 3