Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The 90s Nostalgia thread

Zoraxe

I'm a 90s kid. I mainly grew up with Pokemon in my life though Nick shows like Doug, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, and Hey Arnold were in my life. Looking back at Rugrats, it kinda drives me nuts how incompetent the adults are in that show. Especially when they keep getting outsmarted by a little 3 year old girl. 

Also Saturday Mornings, I would wake up to this. This was basically a bit more modern version of the Disney Afternoon (which also had shows I liked) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atHUYWL1eIU

BTW if anyone here has seen this game before during the 90s, you deserve a hug. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db7WzhpLu0U

Edited by Rocky
  • Brohoof 2

I'm a 90s kid. I mainly grew up with Pokemon in my life though Nick shows like Doug, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, and Hey Arnold were in my life. Looking back at Rugrats, it kinda drives me nuts how incompetent the adults are in that show. Especially when they keep getting outsmarted by a little 3 year old girl.

Yeah, I loved 90s nickelodeon. Rugrats was my favorite Nicktoon for a time.

One Saturday Mourning, my goodness I had forgotten that intro. I remember that. Sadly Saturday mourning Cartoons are dead, they don't exist on TV anymore.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I was born in the late 80s but strangely I grew up more attached to 80s and prior fandoms than 90s, but 90s sitll is special for me!

Rugrats, Hey Armold, Ahh! Real Monsters, Gummi Bears, Gargoyles, Mighty Max, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ren & Stimpy, loads more... Biker Mice from Mars, TF: Beast Wars. Of course original G1 MLP ;) Lady Lovely Locks, MOTU, Batman...

Backstreet Boys, yes, Hanson, Nirvana, The Cranberries, Smash Mouth...

Let's not forget movies like Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Jurassic Parks, Disney Renaissance!

Ps1 and the SNES! Final Fantasies, Pokemon, Tamagotchi LOL.

Edited by Lucia
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

I really really miss the 90's! the SEGA and superNES games like sonic and mario cart, i miss the awesome music and the TV shows, I miss the culture and the times from back then, it was a different world. i miss the fast food and candy from back then "it has gotten smaller and worse tasting" i miss the clothes and pretty much everything about it, EXCEPT for the really slow internet and computers and the VHS tapes LOL  back when you would call someone or even go see them instead of poking them on facebook and back before everything turned politically correct to the extreme

I really miss the 90's and i loved the whole decade, even the kids were different back then

Edited by simba86
  • Brohoof 2

Ah, the 90's. The days of Saturday morning cartoons, Lunchables, and curling up in front of the TV with a bowl of cereal. When Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney were kings instead of punchlines. Anyone remember Monster Rancher? Fun fact: Genki was voiced by Andrew Francis when he was a kid. (Yes, i mean that Andrew Francis!)

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

You know whats crazy? Us 90s kids were the last pre-internet generation.

Yeah sure, the internet did exist, but it wasn't something most people had, let alone kids. My nephew came up to me the other day with a ipad (or whatever it was) to show me a YouTube video about minecraft, that just took me aback "what are you doing on the internet?!".

Anyways, for those of us who weren't there or too little to notice, while the 90s were the decade of 'whatever' for teenagers and young adults, for kids the 90s were totally radical! Or rather thats what commercials wanted to be at least, like that skateboarding chuck-e-cheese rat.

Edited by Zoraxe
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah sure, the internet did exist, but it wasn't something most people had, let alone kids. My nephew came up to me the other day with a ipad (or whatever it was) to show me a YouTube video about minecraft, that just took me aback "what are you doing on the internet?!".

Anyways, for those of us who weren't there or too little to notice, while the 90s were the decade of 'whatever' for teenagers and young adults, for kids the 90s were totally radical! Or rather thats what commercials wanted to be at least, like that skateboarding chuck-e-cheese rat.

the days before everyone in cartoons had cellphones and internet, they had high tech "communicators" or walkie talkies :)

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

More 90s songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK5CLplRIno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Miec205fvnE

1998 was the year Robot Wars made it's debut on TV. Such an awesome show!  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HLwWehYF-I

Oh yeah, robot wars. I remember there being a few of those 'robots fighting each other' shows at the time. I guess the concept didn't last and the genre died out.

• 7 months later...

This is true. I didn't even know what an internet forum was until I was 14, and I didn't start actually using the internet until I was 12!

Hah! I will personally ensure my children get none of that crap until they're 13 at least. I didn't get a cell phone until age 12, and I didn't get a smartphone until I graduated high school. These days, any 3 year old with a phone can look up anything. It's insanity. 

radical

RADICAL

RADICAL

LDWYssf.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I really like how each generation of Mario spin-offs had a style matching the big platformer of the era, like how there was a lot of beach-themed elements in early-mid 2000s Mario games thanks to Sunshine. That said, I love the more vibrant colour scheme in the late 90s N64 Mario games (more pink, more turquoise, more yellow), which should be in no small part thanks to Super Mario 64, one of my favourites in the series.

Plus a little rant about N64 Rainbow Road. I don't care if it's boring and long, the music is magnificent and the neon characters in the night sky always give me goosebumps.

You might be wondering why I'm nostalgic about N64-era Mario if I was born in 2001 and am in no way a 90s kid. That's because my uncle is a gamer and had a Nintendo 64 when I was younger. He then replaced it with a GameCube which he gave to me when I was 10 (I also got a Game Boy Pocket from him for my 15th birthday).

• Brohoof 1

Where oh where has this thread been this is my kind of thread.

Cars were better back in the 90's. Cars weren't overly complicated and look so much better too.

Couldn't have said that any better myself those cars are downright badass.

• Brohoof 2