Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ranul

no this is most likely in the work section   

but here is the question would you ever call any of your friends derpy in jest after they just did something clumsy

and how would you feel if some one called you derpy ?

• Brohoof 3

Me and my friends call each other "Derp" and "derpy" all the time when one of us does soemthing... Well.. derpy :muffins:

I have no problem with people calling me "Derp" or "Derpy" its just funny :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't use word often actually, only to refer to the character, and when I read several rage comics... Maybe some other times. If I did something derpy, and someone called me it, then it'd be fine. But if it's for no reason... I'd still not react because a) I'm a pacifist and B) It would only add fuel to whatever fire they're trying to start within themselves (If that makes sense ;) )

Lol... Supposed to b and ) not B)

• Brohoof 2

People in my life don't generally use words like Derpy, including myself, so I never have called someone that but if someone said it to me, I would probably respond with something like "excuse me?". I wouldn't be pleased.

• Brohoof 1

People in my life don't generally use words like Derpy, including myself, so I never have called someone that but if someone said it to me, I would probably respond with something like "excuse me?". I wouldn't be pleased.

Two things: 1. Respectable. But the comment sounds actually immature. Best never to overreact on stuff like that. 2. I love that avatar pic ;) Makes me think of Men in Black: Agent Fluttershy Reporting for duty. Lol

Two things: 1. Respectable. But the comment sounds actually immature. Best never to overreact on stuff like that. 2. I love that avatar pic ;) Makes me think of Men in Black: Agent Fluttershy Reporting for duty. Lol

1. Yeah, I generally overreact about a lot of things. I can get very touchy about the most random comments. If it were one of my peers, I would probably continue with my day as if noting happened. If it was someone I didn't even know that just said that. I would probably be a little hurt. 2. Thanks I like my pic, too. Yours is pretty cool, I just don't really know what it is. I like it a lot though.

• Brohoof 1

Nope. I've never used that word as an insult.

I don't really know if I'd be offended. It may depend on who called me that and their tone of voice.

Edited by MysteriousGrepper

I've never used the word derpy.  I never would, mostly because why?  It's not a term I ever picked up on and why start using it when it seems to upset some people?  If someone called me derpy I would most likely be like, "WTF? Who even speaks like that?" and it would make them less cool in my eyes.  I may sound like I'm saying "the kids these days..." but I don't care.  It's a stupid word and I don't get it.

• Brohoof 1

That would be a much nicer word to use than what my friends and I usually say to each other. Unfortunately I don't see this changing.

• Brohoof 1

Not really. Generally, our language tends to be a lot more colourful. If someone called me "derpy" IRL I'd probably just give them a confused look. I'd expect "Ya clumsy fuck" or something.