Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv My Life as a Teenage Robot

Overlord0909

Anyone know about this show and how it got cancelled? Well, there is a project for bringing it back. I'm hoping if anyone else enjoyed this show that they may be interested in working on the show itself as a crew member.

This is a PSA School announcement the head of the project put together himself. Animation is probably more his Forte Lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqCRbWCpD3I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If you think you got any skills, come on and join!

The reason I post this is because I feel kind of bad that I've been abandoning them on the forums these past couple of days being on these. :) Hope I got someone interested at least. Here's the official link as well to sign up: http://www.teenagerobotrebooted.com/join-the-crew

• Brohoof 4

I know MLPF's Princess @Feld0 LOVES this show. He was telling us about the revival project not too long ago... :muffins:

In fact, we recently streamed both seasons over a weekend. XD

• Brohoof 4

I love watching My Life As A Teenage Robot, it stinks it got cancelled because I love the overall story, characters and art style of the show, it reminds me of another great show I watched, Samurai Jack.

• Brohoof 5

Absolutely love this show, but unfortunately it's one of the many shows that I liked that was cancelled before its time. But here's hoping the revival is a success

• Brohoof 4

I love watching My Life As A Teenage Robot, it stinks it got cancelled because I love the overall story, characters and art style of the show, it reminds me of another great show I watched, Samurai Jack.

I remember that show a bit... I should watch it now, like I did with MLaaTR. I might love it too. :)

Absolutely love this show, but unfortunately it's one of the many shows that I liked that was cancelled before its time. But here's hoping the revival is a success

Thanks! Me too.

• Brohoof 1

There was recently a discovery that they may be putting the show back on the air! :D Just the reruns, but if popular enough, they may bring back the show. Of course the Rebooted season will continue, perhaps even be part of the official cast. These are rumors btw. I hope they're true.

• Brohoof 2

I heartily encourage anyone here who has a knack for art, writing, animation, or music to check out the Teenage Robot Rebooted project. My Life as a Teenage Robot ahead of its time in more ways than one, and has a number of parallels with Friendship is Magic.

Have some fan art of the protagonist, Jenny Wakeman (source):

jenny_wakeman_by_dwxj9-d8oibh7.jpg

~ snip ~

Lots of love for Jenny's adventures here. More than half of my lifetime went by between Teenage Robot's premiere and my discovering it late last year; I feel I missed something crazy.

Teenage Robot Rebooted is actually one of the first things I came across while searching for what's left of MLaaTR's community - it's the only concerted effort I've found from the show's fans to keep the love alive, and I've been spreading the word in my social circles when appropriate. Having an appreciation for how much work animation is, I'm impressed by the project's perseverance against all the odds.

Fun fact: Rob Renzetti, the creator of My Life as a Teenage Robot, was a director on Samurai Jack. He's worked on a number of other awesome shows, including our beloved poni... ;)

• Brohoof 9

A lot of love for this show. Unfortunately I've seen a lot of projects like this fall through, however I will be ecstatic if they can pull this off and do it justice.

Edited by HunterTSN
  • Brohoof 3

There was recently a discovery that they may be putting the show back on the air! :D Just the reruns, but if popular enough, they may bring back the show. Of course the Rebooted season will continue, perhaps even be part of the official cast. These are rumors btw. I hope they're true.

It might come back officially bro...

• Brohoof 1

It is indeed back on air as of last weekend! The time slot is Saturday and Sunday mornings at 1:56 AM PST / 4:56 AM EST on Nicktoons. Source: http://nicktoons.nick.com/shows/tvschedule/

It's a graveyard slot, but MLaaTR had to displace something to get on air again after six years off.

Obligatory reaction image:

vlcsnap-2015-03-03-19h08m07s96.png

• Brohoof 3

I used to watch the show when I was young, and I really loved it.

Didn't knew anything about Teenage Robot Rebooted though, which now will make me see again the whole show, just to remember again the fantastic experience that it was.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I used to watch this show when i was younger. I enjoyed it a lot. I forgot about it for years, then remembered it a few years ago. I came across it and made a few tributes a while ago. I would even draw the characters from the show sometimes on paper with a pencil. It was a pretty good show actually and I even wanted to wear a shirt with Jenny Wakeman on it or maybe a clip from the show. I couldn't find it though.

A group based on the show formed a few years ago based on the show. It faded, but new groups emerged both in English and in Spanish. The groups in spanish has thousands of people. I also find the show to be pretty relatable. Who didn't feel like they couldn't fit in growing up. We all would feel that way sometimes, trying to fit in. Jenny tries to fit in. I'm now a semi fan or maybe three quarters of a fan. I still like it through and I look forward to the reboot. All my friends just thought it was pretty normal for me to be a fan of the show and although they didn't watch the show, some of them did remember watching it when they were younger and some of them also liked my tributes.

It all sounds as awkward as this video.

Though I seemed mostly normal and was doing good in class and usually only kept it to the fanbase and I looked about as normal as adults who watch Seinfeld(which is a pretty funny show). It was just me having fun once in a while in my free time.

Seinfeld wallet scene.

:)
  • Brohoof 2

It's a great show, I can tell ya that. It was one of the better shows Nickelodeon had on at the time. Worth checking out.

10/10

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, mee, oh myyyyyy, how I do adore me some XJ9. 

In the lil' ol' west where females are not permitted to lead action cartoons, we received an animation with an interesting, strong, and likable female protagonist who was not without logical flaws to make you feel closer to the character. Yes, my Jenny... Not only her, but also her friends and even some of the villains if I recall.

1221931609207.jpg

I really dug the art style. Retrofuturistic/art deco design was beautifully used and has never been put to better use in my opinion. 50s blast from the past. Such a shame Nickelodeon cut the run shorter than needed and has since dismembered my hopes and dreams  put dear Jenny into a seemingly eternal hibernation. I'm thrilled about the project. But I can only hope it will flourish.

• Brohoof 4

Shame on my younger self for not following after this cartoon while it was airing. I watched a couple of episodes but it's been so long I don't remember much of the show well enough.

I'll have to catch up and rewatch the series... there were a lot of great cartoons out during the timeline of this cartoon. The artstyle always caught my eye though.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I'm not sure why it was cancelled, heck I didn't even know it was until now! D:

Because Nickelodeon here wants to bring bad shows, just to give us longtime fans a bad name. As for this show? Well, we'll see if it makes or breaks, as I no longer have Nickelodeon with me.

Edited by Jon the Bronynerd
  • Brohoof 3